run vs. pass

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

run vs. pass

Since 'run vs. pass' seems to be a common topic, and seemingly one of the more heated arguments on this forum, I would like to share this observation after viewing yesterday's '40-pass game.

My perspective is that those quick passes to the outside to either Welker, Vereen, Hernandez, etc. lined up behind the line of scrimmage, are an extension of the run game.  Instead of handing off to a running back, particularly when an obvious blitz is coming, Brady takes the snap and in one motion turns and tosses it to the outside where his receiver, although still behind the line of scrimmage, has more open space to manuever and blockers set up in front of him.  This also thwarts the blitz.

Is it just me, or do others see this as just another version of the running game.  And if so, would this not alter what many of us consider the run vs. pass ratio?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Re: run vs. pass

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll take that as you do not concur with my perspective. :)  But perhaps your view of game strategy is as old as this picture.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

No, I was trying to convey this:

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Since 'run vs. pass' seems to be a common topic, and seemingly one of the more heated arguments on this forum, I would like to share this observation after viewing yesterday's '40-pass game.

My perspective is that those quick passes to the outside to either Welker, Vereen, Hernandez, etc. lined up behind the line of scrimmage, are an extension of the run game.  Instead of handing off to a running back, particularly when an obvious blitz is coming, Brady takes the snap and in one motion turns and tosses it to the outside where his receiver, although still behind the line of scrimmage, has more open space to manuever and blockers set up in front of him.  This also thwarts the blitz.

Is it just me, or do others see this as just another version of the running game.  And if so, would this not alter what many of us consider the run vs. pass ratio?

[/QUOTAgreed, which shows why Tommy has like 450 yards and 4 tds against Houston when they send 5 or more rushers.... I like what the game plan was yesterday and think it will be a similar one we will use if and when we play SF in the SB. No point in running into a wall the entire game but you have to utilize your RBs in the passing and screen game. You can't just look down field all day which is what we seemed to do too often the last 3 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

LMFAO @ Mighty in this thread.  The second pic in particular.  AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.