Rush Limbaugh as (part) owner of the St. Louis Rams

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Re: Rush Limbaugh as (part) owner of the St. Louis Rams

In Response to Re: Rush Limbaugh as (part) owner of the St. Louis Rams:
    [QUOTE]     Gamer:      Its' too bad that such ignorance can be spouted by such a lovely woman as yourself.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

"This from a liberal whose supported the likes of notorious womanizers like Bill Clinton and Teddy Kennedy? "( quote from Texas Pat)

TP, 
        Your ignorance shows in the above statement.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Rush Limbaugh as (part) owner of the St. Louis Rams : I have to give you credit for one thing, you came up with a thread that's going to get responses. Some of them may not be what you want to see or read...
    Posted by paob

It's unfortunate, though.  It was a poor showing on my part.  At least I apologize when I say something that's outright disparaging without any intelligent justification.  I don't make excuses and say it was "taken out of context."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Where are the moderators? This thread needs to be moved to the Political forum.

(After all, it's not July).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Something we can all agree is that Limbaugh is a polarizing figure. Professional sports, on the other hand, have the ability to cut across all issues of politics, society and culture. It is a uniter of people. I think it is potentially dangerous to have Limbaugh involved in a discourse around sports when he represents polarizing views.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

[QUOTE]Something we can all agree is that Limbaugh is a polarizing figure. Professional sports, on the other hand, have the ability to cut across all issues of politics, society and culture. It is a uniter of people. I think it is potentially dangerous to have Limbaugh involved in a discourse around sports when he represents polarizing views.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

I almost want to agree but at the same time 

Do you really think Limbaugh will be the only owner in the nfl that is a polarizing figure?

please

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]If  George W.   Bush  had been the first President to need a teleprompter installed to be  able to get through a press conference, would you have laughed and said  this is more proof of how he inept he is on his own and is really controlled by smarter men behind the scenes?  If   George W.  Bush  had spent hundreds of thousands of  dollars to take Laura  Bush  to a play in NYC, would you have  approved?  If   George W.  Bush  had reduced your retirement  plan's holdings of GM stock by  90% and given the unions a majority stake in GM, would you have  approved?  If   George W.   Bush  had made a joke at the expense  of the  Special Olympics, would you have  approved?  If   George W.  Bush  had given Gordon  Brown a set of inexpensive and incorrectly formatted DVDs, when  Gordon Brown had given him a thoughtful  and  historically significant gift, would you  have approved?  If   George W.  Bush  had given the Queen of England an  iPod containing videos of  his speeches, would you have thought this embarrassingly narcissistic and  tacky?  If   George W.  Bush  had bowed to the King of Saudi  Arabia , would you  have approved?  If   George W.  Bush  had visited Austria  and made  reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you   have brushed it off as a minor  slip?  If   George W.  Bush  had filled his cabinet and circle  of advisers  with people who cannot seem to keep current in their income taxes,  would you have approved?  If  George W.  Bush  had been so Spanish illiterate as  to  refer to "Cinco de Cuatro" in front of the Mexican ambassador when it   was the 5th of May (Cinco de Mayo), and continued to flub it when he   tried again, would you have winced in  embarrassment?  If  George W.   Bush  had mis-spelled the word "advice" would you have hammered him for it for years like Dan Quayle and potatoe as proof of what a dunce he is?  If  George W.   Bush  had burned 9,000 gallons of jet fuel  to go plant a single tree on Earth Day, would you have concluded he's a hypocrite?  If  George W.   Bush 's administration had okayed Air  Force One flying low over millions of  people followed  by a jet fighter in downtown Manhattan causing widespread  panic, would you have wondered whether  they actually get what happened  on 9-11?  If  George W.   Bush  had failed to send relief aid to  flood victims throughout  the Midwest with more people killed or  made homeless than in  New Orleans ,  would you want it made into a major ongoing political issue with claims of  racism and  incompetence?  If  George W. Bush  had created the position of 32 Czars who report directly to him, bypassing the House and Senate on much of what is happening in America, would you have approved.   If   George W.  Bush  had ordered the firing of the CEO  of a  major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority  to  do so, would you have  approved?  If   George W  Bush   had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than  two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you  have approved?  If   George W..  Bush  had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?  So, tell  me again, what is it about Obama that makes  him so brilliant and  impressive? Can't think of anything? Don't  worry. He's done all  this in 5 months -- so you'll have three years  and seven months  to come up with an answer.
    Posted by steve1581[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ, he'll have seven years and 3 months god willing!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Super38. Show Super38's posts

To answer the original question, no, such an owner is not good for the NFL. Comments like the following will go over real big with the minority population in St. Louis and create a PR nightmare for Goodell; 

LIMBAUGH: Yeah. This is -- you're not going to believe this, but it's very simple. And the sooner you believe it, and the sooner you let this truth permeate the boundaries you have that tell you this is just simply not possible, the better you will understand Democrats in everything. You are right. They want to get us out of Iraq, but they can't wait to get us into Darfur.

CALLER: Right.

LIMBAUGH: There are two reasons. What color is the skin of the people in Darfur?

CALLER: Uh, yeah.

LIMBAUGH: It's black. And who do the Democrats really need to keep voting for them? If they lose a significant percentage of this voting bloc, they're in trouble.

CALLER: Yes. Yes. The black population.

LIMBAUGH: Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela -- who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Look I'm going to say it again, Stop talking about politics. I will on the other hand say (as a moderate centrist), both Rush Limbaugh and Al Sharpton are one in the same. Both are racist and both are clowns. Niether belong on a blog about the Patriots.  I don't listen to Limbaugh very much, but if what Artie wrote is true, it supports my point. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I'm unenrolled and middle of the road, and I agree with you 49Pats.  Extremists from both sides make more moderates (the majority of us) pick sides with those who most closely mirror our ideals and beliefs.  I really think if we were all talking in a bar that we'd all be less likely to be so uncivilized to one another.  Anonymity will do that for you. 

Come on guys, let's stow away the taunting and quit this post.  No one's gonna win this argument.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush Limbaugh as (part) owner of the St. Louis Rams : I'm unenrolled and middle of the road, and I agree with you 49Pats.  Extremists from both sides make more moderates (the majority of us) pick sides with those who most closely mirror our ideals and beliefs.  I really think if we were all talking in a bar that we'd all be less likely to be so uncivilized to one another.  Anonymity will do that for you.  Come on guys, let's stow away the taunting and quit this post.  No one's gonna win this argument.   
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]

You are right,  but wouldn't Limbaugh be happy to know the insults Patriot fans are throwing at each other!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush Limbaugh as (part) owner of the St. Louis Rams :  "This from a liberal whose supported the likes of notorious womanizers like Bill Clinton and Teddy Kennedy? "( quote from Texas Pat) TP,      Your ignorance shows in the above statement.
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

How many died from womanizing compared to the GOP's phoney war for corporate profit in Iran

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush Limbaugh as (part) owner of the St. Louis Rams : I beg to differ, he'll have seven years and 3 months god willing!!!
    Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

you must mean allah willing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush Limbaugh as (part) owner of the St. Louis Rams : How many died from womanizing compared to the GOP's phoney war for corporate profit in Iran
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]

Absurd statement. Absolutely Absurd. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rush Limbaugh as (part) owner of the St. Louis Rams :  Absurd statement. Absolutely Absurd. 

Really? How so? I can back my opinion can you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]get outta here with that bs you can't back it because it isn't true

As expected you can't back your bs with anything but a childish whine.
    Here's all the big reasons given for invading Iraq and their reality

500 tons of WMD-non existant
    Nuclear weapons program-nonexistant
    Connection with Bin Laden- they hated each other
    Connection with Taliban-nonexistant
    Threat to the US-nonexistant

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

lololol and that certainly proves your point that it was the " GOP's phoney war for corporate profit in Iran" thank you 
    Posted by steve1581

So telling the American public all these things were true when they knew they weren't doesn't rate the word phony? Don't bother to respond unless you like making yourself look stupid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]non existant or moved? nuc program non existant??? I want what you are smokin not buying the ignorant bs go sell it somewhere else

So all these things existed why? Because you were told they did? Where's your proof? As for profit try following the hundreds of billions in no bid contracts awarded. But this is pointless. You lack the stones to back your BS.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Stupid.... 

Look you made a statement that the war was phony and created for corporate profit in Iran . I am interested.... why do you think that it was for corporate profit?

You said you could back it up. Maybe you have shared your views on the war but not one of your statements explains how the war was intended for corporate profit in iran. 

Atleast when I assert something I can explain it. 

Just keep regurgitating that conspiracy riddled liberal garbage. But when you want to make a real point why don't you  try to back up your statements with pertinent facts. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Stupid....  Look you made a statement that the war was phony and created for corporate profit in Iran . I interested so why do you think that it was for corporate profit.  You said you could back it up. Maybe you have shared your views on the war but not one of your statements explains how the war was intended for corporate profit in iran.  Atleast when I assert something I can explain it.  Just keep regurgitating that conspiracy riddled liberal garbage. But when you want to make a real point why don't you  try to back up your statements with pertinent facts. 

The only one regurgitating is you idiot. So what was the reason to invade a country that wasn't a threat? You have yet to post a coherent line of reasoning to back your opinion. Could it be you don't have one outside of some idiot insult tossing?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

lol too funny

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]and Im a conservative Who do you think has the stones in this country lol 

Yup conservatives are so tough. That must be why all your leaders managed to avoid combat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Super38. Show Super38's posts

[QUOTE]and Im a conservative Who do you think has the stones in this country lol 

This thread is about Rush Limbaugh becoming an NFL owner, not the Iraq war.

Getting back on topic, lets let some more of Rush's words speak for themselves;

"Look, let me put it to you this way," Limbaugh once said on his radio show. "The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

"I mean, let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing," Limbaugh said on his radio show. "Quite the opposite: Slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back; I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."

There is no way fellow owners are going to vote in this fool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Rush Limbaugh is an admitted drug addict, a three time divorcé and by his own admission he is a draft dodger.

So much for family values.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Look besides being a conservative. I am also an iraq war veteran. I dont appreciate your comments. The war might have begun for the wrong reasons but it was not for corporate profit and the job that our men and women are doing over there is honorable. In the end, we will have made the world a better place. People like you disgust me.

What you did was follow orders which is the same thing I did when I served for most of the 70s so you can flush the silly chest thumping vet routine. If you want to live somewhere where the millitary runs the country move to Honduras. If you had half a brain you'd be insulted that the Bush used you and the rest of the troops as an excuse to try to hide their lies.

Supporting the troops means you don't send them off to fight and die unless there is a damn good reason but you don't seem to have a problem with that. That makes you a fool who's clinging to a lie because you can't take the fact you were used.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Who cares.

There are plenty of Conservative Red Sox fans who like the job left wingers Theo and Henry have done with the team.

Same will be true of Rush if his presence helps the Rams.

This is how all owners of any sports franchise should be judged. Not by their politics. If anyone is incapable of doing this, then he/she is an idiot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares. There are plenty of Conservative Red Sox fans who like the job left wingers Theo and Henry have done with the team. Same will be true of Rush if his presence helps the Rams. This is how all owners of any sports franchise should be judged. Not by their politics. If anyone is incapable of doing this, then he/she is an idiot.
    Posted by CubanPete[/QUOTE]

AGREE 100%