Rush to Judgment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stay-Pro. Show Stay-Pro's posts

Rush to Judgment

Like every Red, White and Blue-blooded Patriots fan, I despise the Colts.

That said, I am solidly behind Jim Irsay's statement that an ownership by Rush Limbaugh would be detrimental to the game as a whole.

In addition to his being a bigot, doesn't the NFL have enough big mouth owners (read: Cowboys) who think they know more than the coaches they hire?

Thumbs down on Limbaugh as an owner, Mr Kraft, please; he will flush away all the work you have done to exemplify the league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Rush to Judgment

If Limbaugh has the money he should at least be able to put in an offer for the Rams. He is a blowhard and I personally don't like him that much, but if you have the money you should be able to buy whatever you want....that's capitalism for you....if you don't like it move to Mongolia and buy the Ulaan Battor soccer team. In Britain the had a large controversy about some American buying a huge stake in Liverpool.....again, if you have the money you should be able to do it. Unless there some legal concerns (fraud, tax evasion, and any other pending indictments)....seems to me ol Rush had a serious drug problem, maybe Goodell and the owners should take a closer look at that instead of labeling the guy a bigot and calling him "divisive".

Would you rather the Saudis buy the rams because lord knows they have the money:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jan/13/newsstory.liverpool

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/soccer/10/04/portsmouth.finances.ap/index.html

I wonder what Rush would say about that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Rush to Judgment:
    [QUOTE]Like every Red , White and Blue -blooded Patriots fan, I despise the Colts. That said, I am solidly behind Jim Irsay's statement that an ownership by Rush Limbaugh would be detrimental to the game as a whole. In addition to his being a bigot, doesn't the NFL have enough big mouth owners (read: Cowboys) who think they know more than the coaches they hire? Thumbs down on Limbaugh as an owner, Mr Kraft, please; he will flush away all the work you have done to exemplify the league.
    Posted by Stay-Pro[/QUOTE]

Do we really need another rush hate-fest thread?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Interestingly, money talks, until people sporadically (and quite selectively) decide that they wish to impose their subjectivity on to a matter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Oh boy.  I still have to find transcripts of that guy's chats to own up to the promise I made...

At this point, it's a free market and if players and customers don't want to support the Rams because he's a part of their ownership, then it's on them to make a statement with their consumer dollars, or up to Rush Limbaugh to realize that he needs to make amends with offended parties (particularly players who have gone on record as saying they wouldn't play for him) before making the purchase.

Otherwise, this board is asking for more trouble.

Signed,
    the creator of the last board on this topic

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Rush to Judgment:
    [QUOTE]If Limbaugh has the money he should at least be able to put in an offer for the Rams. He is a blowhard and I personally don't like him that much, but if you have the money you should be able to buy whatever you want....that's capitalism for you....if you don't like move to Mongolia and buy the Ulaan Battor soccer team. In Britain the had a large controversy about some American buying a huge stake in Manchester United.....again, if you have the money you should be able to do it. Unless there some legal concerns (fraud, tax evasion, and any other pending indictments)....seems to me ol Rush had a serious drug problem, maybe Goodell and the owners should take a closer look at that instead of labeling the guy a bigot and calling him "divisive". Would you rather the Saudis buy the rams because lord knows they have the money: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jan/13/newsstory.liverpool http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/soccer/10/04/portsmouth.finances.ap/index.html I wonder what Rush would say about that.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

The other part of capitalism is that you can refuse to sell to someone if you don't like them.  Or in the case of a professional sports league, you can deny an a**hole membership.  If you don't like it, move to Mongolia.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Sorry Mighty, if I came across as harsh. Only meant to point out that the financial component is important. Heck I didn't even wanna post on this thread. Truth is the current owners of the league and the Commish's office will have more input into what happens next than the fans who, I suppose, could boycott games should they feel so inclined if his ownership bid is passes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

I think the Rams should be given to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton for the anguish and suffering they incurred while feeding at the racism trough these many years and all you members of the P.C. crowd can support them by purchasing seasons tickets and turning the the tickets back so the can be resold to help pay for the new healthcare bill in Congress.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Rams should be given to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton for the anguish and suffering they incurred while feeding at the racism trough these many years and all you members of the P.C. crowd can support them by purchasing seasons tickets and turning the the tickets back so the can be resold to help pay for the new healthcare bill in Congress.
    Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]

If Rush owns the team, then he can blame the liberals for a losing season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I find the notion that Rush is an undeniable bigot as laughable.  There was one single quote that sounded horribly racist, and now it turns out he never said it.  The comments about McNabb: I don't know if I agree with them, but they're certainly not racist.  Why would pointing out the media's bias towards any kind of black role model (see President Obama) make Rush a racist?  Are we that PC that a man pointing out pro-minority bias must be labeled as a bigot?  The Bloods/Crips comment: sounds to me like a comment about thuggishness in the NFL, which is fairly obvious.  IMO it doesn't reference race at all.  I don't believe that there is any kind of racial requirements to be a Blood or a Crip...  The fact of the matter is that the people who are complaining about him just plain don't like his politics and they they make false claims of bigotry.  It's kind of funny how in today's America certain elelments can just sling around the racism card at will with no consequences...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]I find the notion that Rush is an undeniable bigot as laughable.  There was one single quote that sounded horribly racist, and now it turns out he never said it.  The comments about McNabb: I don't know if I agree with them, but they're certainly not racist.  Why would pointing out the media's bias towards any kind of black role model (see President Obama) make Rush a racist?  Are we that PC that a man pointing out pro-minority bias must be labeled as a bigot?  The Bloods/Crips comment: sounds to me like a comment about thuggishness in the NFL, which is fairly obvious.  IMO it doesn't reference race at all.  I don't believe that there is any kind of racial requirements to be a Blood or a Crip...  The fact of the matter is that the people who are complaining about him just plain don't like his politics and they they make false claims of bigotry.  It's kind of funny how in today's America certain elelments can just sling around the racism card at will with no consequences...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

J.W.----you are spot on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

Ok,,let me get this straight. You have druggies,wife beaters,thugs and killers in the NFL but you don`t want someone just because they excersise their right of free speech. (agree with it or not) Which you rather have move in next door to you?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

The only thing I care about is the Pats and Titans this weekend. If he was in line to buy into the Patriots organization it may be worth more time and research effort.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

The NFL had no problem with Estefan or Fregie buying minority ownership in the Dolphins. The NBA had no problem with JZ buying into I think the Nets, have you ever listened to the racist c.rap he produces? God help us if Sarah Palin ever trys to buy into a team.

I think this is all based on political agendas. Personally I'm glad that Rush brings up all the things that the goverment is doing to this economy. I dont want my kids strapped paying for some glorified VA health care. No one seems to bring that up that the VA is goverment health care, ask any vet how well that works.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Hey, folks, guess what.  the nfl is NOT a free country.  the by-laws allow the owners to pick who THEY want to buy in, and who not to allow.  Thats the way it was set up to keep out dorks like Limbaugh.  I didn't think his comment on ESPN was all that bad, just stupid, not even close to what Madden and jimmy the greek said, but he is a boor and is extremely political, and i think the league has ENOUGH problems with threats from congress about the anti trust settlement to go lighting any fires with this guy.  Keep him out, amen.  They can also vote against any Saudi or foreign owners too, if they want.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Davedstone, is right .....the owners and the NFL get to decide who gets in and who stays out..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

So it's perfectly okay for owners like the Irsay's to sneak their teams out of town under cover of darkness for sweetheart deals elsewhere, but Rush is not accetable because he had the nerve to say something that a lot of knowledgeable people believe, but don't dare say for political reasons?

Irsay is his father's son, and I would consider it a compliment that he wouldn't want me in his little club.

Rush has as much right to buy into a franchise as anyone else who's got the money. Do the current NFL owners not see the hypocrisy of using exclusionary tactics to limit membership in their secret circle to deny entrance to a guy who is, himself, exclusionary?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I agree with all prairie says above, except I wouldn't throw imprecations towards the Irsays for moving the Colts: if a city doesn't support its team, it may lose that team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

How about the small fact that this guy Rush is one of the biggest D bags the planet has ever seen. Thats enough for me to say f*ck him. Take all that "he has a right" c rap and toss it out the window, he is a giant D bag and i hope he never comes anywhere near the NFL.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

So . . .

People you disagree with should not be allowed to prosper?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

nope.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I hope you never become king, then.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

[QUOTE] Would you rather the Saudis buy the rams because lord knows they have the money: [/QUOTE]

Well the Saudis own about 7 % of America, so what is the big deal with a share of an NFL team.

I wouldn't want Limbaugh anywhere near my favorite NFL team.  The man has made stupid/offensive remarks about black football players.  There is no way that helps my team when it comes to signing black free agents.  Fair or not, given the choice, who is going to want to work for someone who they may perceive as prejudice against their race?

The whole thing is about Rush, his ego and his ratings.  That is all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry Mighty, if I came across as harsh. Only meant to point out that the financial component is important. Heck I didn't even wanna post on this thread. Truth is the current owners of the league and the Commish's office will have more input into what happens next than the fans who, I suppose, could boycott games should they feel so inclined if his ownership bid is passes.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Thanks Hannah fan, sorry I overreacted.  Now I have to overreact to some stuff Pmike said.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]I find the notion that Rush is an undeniable bigot as laughable.  There was one single quote that sounded horribly racist, and now it turns out he never said it.  The comments about McNabb: I don't know if I agree with them, but they're certainly not racist.  Why would pointing out the media's bias towards any kind of black role model (see President Obama) make Rush a racist?  Are we that PC that a man pointing out pro-minority bias must be labeled as a bigot?  The Bloods/Crips comment: sounds to me like a comment about thuggishness in the NFL, which is fairly obvious.  IMO it doesn't reference race at all.  I don't believe that there is any kind of racial requirements to be a Blood or a Crip...  The fact of the matter is that the people who are complaining about him just plain don't like his politics and they they make false claims of bigotry.  It's kind of funny how in today's America certain elelments can just sling around the racism card at will with no consequences...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

No, it's not his politics, it's him.  He is one of the most arrogant, obnoxious, POS douchebags in a country full of arrogant, obnoxious, POS douchebags.  If he acted the same way in support of socialized health care and gay rights, I would still despise him.