Russ vs. JimmyJack and UnderRoos

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Russ vs. JimmyJack and UnderRoos

Some of us choose to ignore the trolls, others chose to engage. I thought it might be nice for those who want to engage the trolls to have their own thread instead of hijacking other threads. And those that chose to ignore trolls can have shorter, more informative discussions without scrolling through endess insults and ridiculous hyperboles.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Russ vs. JimmyJack and UnderRoos

In Response to Russ vs. JimmyJack and UnderRoos:
    Some of us choose to ignore the trolls, others chose to engage. I thought it might be nice for those who want to engage the trolls to have their own thread instead of hijacking other threads. And those that chose to ignore trolls can have shorter, more informative discussions without scrolling through endess insults and ridiculous hyperboles.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

Yours would be a perfect world One and I would love to be a resident.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

I second the motion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

This would be too easy.  If only trolls were so cooperative... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

That would be hilarious. I enjoy reading posts from 2 of the 3 because at least those two have the cojones to admit that they're wrong once in a while.  The other vascillates between made up facts and contradicts himself from statement to staetment.

But what do I know, I don't know diddly about football and can't read...lol.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

There are some people on here who I won't converse with.  Not that I don't disagree with them sometimes but because it will just turn into a month long battle about nonsense and I really don't have the time or energy to engage in that sort of pointlessness. 

I've come to prefer the comments that are just funny or witty.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

A troll free zone on the internet?  If you find a way to do that you'll be richer then Bill Gates.:)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Russ vs. JimmyJack and UnderRoos:
    In Response to Russ vs. JimmyJack and UnderRoos : I'd like to point out who instigates the troll activity, though.  It's not me.    Note how over the weekend when any of the board regulars stopped in, we had free and easy disucssions. Then, during the week, when Jimmy Jack decides to stop pushing his papers at work, he comes in and takes a steamy pancake right on a thread. Or, Underoos, for example, will come in and try to prop up Gomer Manning, day after day after day. Meanwhile, Pats fans here just want to talk about camp, the upcoming season, hypotheticals, what-ifs, etc. It's pretty simple: Trolls ruin the threads. I have no idea why any Pats fan here would pretend they offers anything remotely of value to any thread with their obvious agendas.
    Posted by russgriswold

So why do you respond to them???? Just put them on ignore for crying out loud.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Thanks.  I like to point out when Leon or reg122 or whoever it is creates a fake moniker posing as a pats fan with a quick "Do not feed the troll" followed by an image of a troll and leave it at that.  From what I've seen, the trolls love nothing more than to engage in endless back and forth with anyone who will talk to them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

In Response to Russ vs. JimmyJack and UnderRoos : It's pretty simple: Trolls ruin the threads. I have no idea why any Pats fan here would pretend they offer anything remotely of value to any thread with their obvious agendas.
    Posted by russgriswold

Well this clearly doesn't help promote the idea that Boston is "an enlightened" city that readily accepts diverse opinions. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

*grabs popcorn*

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

actually i think ill sit back on this one and enjoy some popcorn too

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Because I like to point out their agenda, expose them and show them how stupid they look, leaving out facts and contexts, trying to promote said agenda. What is worse? Confronting the troll and watching them back down into a corner or wondering what would make a fan of another team come here and repeatedly be the only fan of that team, trying to constantly badger Pats fans here? What does that say about them? Lack of attention?  Behavioral disorder?  Morphing into Jeffrey Dahmer? What is it?   Would you dance around the Indy Star messageboard all day long trying to talk Pats with Colts fans? Or, the Miami Herald board? No, I wouldn't either. But, point taken. I'll contribute to the request in order to help the board overall.
    Posted by russgriswold

Russ, as I've been saying for months,  it's a waste of good oxygen to try and have an intelligent discussion with the likes of dogpoop. As you well know, he's a moving target who constantly seeks to muddy the waters, will never, ever admit  point and is a master of the irrelevant argument. 

I don't pay much attention to jimmyjack but it seems that every post of his that I do read, he's always being snarky, nasty or trying to antagonizing someone.

Again, why waste good oxygen dealing with unpleasant people?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Russ vs. JimmyJack and UnderRoos : Russ, as I've been saying for months,  it's a waste of good oxygen to try and have an intelligent discussion with the likes of dogpoop. As you well know, he's a moving target who constantly seeks to muddy the waters, will never, ever admit  point and is a master of the irrelevant argument.  I don't pay much attention to jimmyjack but it seems that every post of his that I do read, he's always being snarky, nasty or trying to antagonizing someone. Again, why waste good oxygen dealing with unpleasant people?
    Posted by unclealfie

says the king of snarky posts himself...and since crusty is so adament about being wrong and be nasty about it at the same time...that is where most of my ammo is aimed at

i actually enjoy talking to most of you posters which is why i frequent here

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Russ vs. JimmyJack and UnderRoos : says the king of snarky posts himself...and since crusty is so adament about being wrong and be nasty about it at the same time...that is where most of my ammo is aimed at i actually enjoy talking to most of you posters which is why i frequent here
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

thanks for proving my point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Russ vs. JimmyJack and UnderRoos : thanks for proving my point.
    Posted by unclealfie

well if you werent the king of crass...then perhaps id be more polite to you

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Russ vs. JimmyJack and UnderRoos : well if you werent the king of crass...then perhaps id be more polite to you
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Oh, i thought i was the "king of snarky posts". Now I'm the "king of crass".

whatever.

Actually, i'm the king of ignoring-annoying-posters, so i'll not be wasting any more time on you, jack-off.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Russ vs. JimmyJack and UnderRoos : You would enjoy reading troll posts littered with an agenda.  Not surprising. Where do I contradict myself from statement to statement? You sound like a 12 year old who thinks there is only one answer to a question. Yes.  LOL
    Posted by russgriswold

LMAO....I wasn't referring to you. Paranoid, much? :)

I guess I have to change my statement to 1 out of 3.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

*grabs popcorn*
    Posted by whodeawhodat

passing u a  beer. please pass the carmel popcorn...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Not that I care, but you have been a tool for a while on here, so I am assumed you meant me.  Enjoy your weekend!
    Posted by russgriswold

Wrong again.  As some say....assuming makes an azz out of you....and well, you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Good thing you post here, Bubby!  You offer so much to the board.  You are so knowledgeable.
    Posted by russgriswold

wrong again, russ. As stated previously in this thread I'm the first person to admit I know nothing of football and appreciate those who contribute w/ real substance. You see?  I don't have to resort to name calling to prove my point.

thanks for playing again russ, but, again, you lose.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

What did I lose?  You have a lot to say for someone who doesn't know football.
    Posted by russgriswold

Like I said before...looks like I gotta change my numbers to 1 out of 3.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

What did I lose?  You have a lot to say for someone who doesn't know football.
    Posted by russgriswold

Alas, I have nothing to say....lol.
    -------

"In Response to Re: Bruschi: Patriots must pay Mankins:
    Some of you apparently don't know any non_pats fans or never lived outside thhe Boston area long enough to get a gauge of the jealousy and hatred of this team. Newsflash:  90% of non-Pats fans HATE NE. Posted by russgriswold

where is your reliable source on this stat? just curious." Bubba
    -----
    "I don't need a stat to have experience living out of the Boston area for over 10 years and seeing this unfold." RUSS
    -----
    I interpret this to mean that you're speaking out of your azz again.

So, let's say the following is a "reliable source":http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-HATE-THE-PATRIOTS/183698620985

they claim 100,000 people hate the patriots.  Hmmm, there are about 270 Million adults in the united states....that comes out to .05%.

------
    yes, I have nothing to say....cuz u said it all :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Did you ever hear of the term "generalization" or a figure of speech?  The 90% number is mean to imply a heft majority of people cannot stand NE and are jealous of the dynasty, 16-0 and the continued 10+ win seasons. I have friends who are not Pats fans who are so jealous, there is no point of mentioning anything Pats related. Christ, are you thick. Just stick to whatever it is you are into, if it's not football, tubby. Tiddly winks, maybe?  Gardening?
    Posted by russgriswold

Russ, again, my humblest apologies.  I completely understand about your statement about "generalizations" as 90% is so very close to .05%.

I am such a loser for not understanding such simple things. YOU GOT ME.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Yes, only .05% of NFL fans hate NE. lol When you said you knew very little about football, you were absolutely correct.
    Posted by russgriswold

Sorry, but again. Those aren't MY numbers....those are from a website of fans who hate the patriots.

It's simple math. There's roughly 307 million people living in the united states. Based on a gallup pole 63% of the US population like football.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1786/more-americans-fans-pro-football-than-any-other-sport.aspx

That means there is roughly 189 Million football fans in the U.S.

Again, the website has 100,000 fans who admit to hating the patriots.

Please show me actual data that shows 90% of the fans hate the Patriots.  Thats another 170 MILLION fans that you need to come up with Russ!!!

Again, where are YOUR numbers to support YOUR statements. Show me the 90%

Yep...yer just makin stuff up. I bet you can't even find outside data that will support your statement of "majority"......

Put up or shut up