Ryan Allen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Ryan Allen

This guy was my player of the game. I bet his punts were impressive on tv but being there even bengals fans were commenting how good his kicks were.   We made the right choice keeping this guy. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Ryan Allen

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

This guy was my player of the game. I bet his punts were impressive on tv but being there even bengals fans were commenting how good his kicks were.   We made the right choice keeping this guy. 

How bad was the rain?

Did it seem like the football Gods just didn't want Pats to win?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

How bad was the rain?

[/QUOTE]

It rained as hard as it rains in costa rica.  There was no chance for Brady IMO . You know how you can tell the bengals fans thought he did , none of them left until the int. I was worried about the punt being caught more then the drive. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How bad was the rain?

[/QUOTE]

It rained as hard as it rains in costa rica.  There was no chance for Brady IMO . You know how you can tell the bengals fans thought he did , none of them left until the int. I was worried about the punt being caught more then the drive. 

[/QUOTE]

Serious question since you were there live:

How many open WRs did Brady not see, that we could not see on TV? Also, how open was Amendola on that great catch on the 3 yard line?  

People are lying saying he wasn't shaking coverage in the game, but he looked to shake at least defender if not more, to be that open.

[/QUOTE]

why are you always dogging brady, its a team sport!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How bad was the rain?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How many open WRs did Brady not see, that we could not see on TV? Also, how open was Amendola on that great catch on the 3 yard line?  

People are lying saying he wasn't shaking coverage in the game, but he looked to shake at least defender if not more, to be that open.

[/QUOTE]

That TD catch by Amandola was awesome and so were his 5 other grabs for 70+ yards.  Right Crusty?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to patriotrain's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How bad was the rain?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

why are you always dogging brady, its a team sport!

[/QUOTE]

Cuz Brady is the GOAT and Crusty is the GLOAT.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

There were a few open receivers but they were down field and Brady was getting moved a lot. The bengals corners did a real good job. Talib looked like to me he got tired. I was surprised at Dalton's stats, until the second half he looked shakey to me   Tell you what greshiem is a monster of a man. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

everybody killed belichick for being "cheap" and getting rid of mesko - everybody was wrong once again-

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

If the Pats' futility on third down continues, Allen could be the league MVP.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

everybody killed belichick for being "cheap" and getting rid of mesko - everybody was wrong once again-

That is absolutely true and factual.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Allen has done very well. Smart of bb not to wrap up valuable funds in a punter and avoid a contract year for mesko. Bb has bigger fish to fry this offseason.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

lets simply state the facts however....Allen had a great game against the Bengals. But he has not been good in any other game, continuously out kicking his coverage, allowing the return team to set up..

This year, Mesko was not making a lot of $$$. Next year, the Pats could have opted to sign Mesko or not depending on what the market for punters will be...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

lets simply state the facts however....Allen had a great game against the Bengals. But he has not been good in any other game, continuously out kicking his coverage, allowing the return team to set up..

This year, Mesko was not making a lot of $$$. Next year, the Pats could have opted to sign Mesko or not depending on what the market for punters will be...

But isn't that BB's MO?  He has a tendancy to look at the big picture, while many here are rather short sighted.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm still waiting to see if he can directional kick. I haven't seen very often where he didn't kick it right down the center of the field. But, on a positive note he has learned not to out kick his coverage which is a big plus.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

But isn't that BB's MO?  He has a tendancy to look at the big picture, while many here are rather short sighted.

They saw the leg this kid had in camp.  Mesko's contarct situation made the decison easier for them.

The kid is learning on the job how to be a quality NFL punter and progressing.  I don't want to jinx him but he has also done a pretty solid job holding for ghost.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

OK let's state the facts.

Fact: It is "your" OPINION that Allen has not been good in any other game. NOT a Fact. 

Fact: You do NOT know for a fact that he has continuously outkicked his coverage because you do not know what is being asked of him on any particular given punt. Neither do I. So while it is possible you are correct, at least to some degree, you could also be wrong. The fact is that your statement is indeed NOT a fact.

You make most posters points for them with your last comment about the Patriots having the ability to opt to sign or not sign Mesko next year. By stating that, you are saying lose Allen(in all probable liklihood) while also putting yourself in a weakened bargaining position with Mesko come next year, in which case you have potentially lost both.

Statistically: (no I'm not hanging my hat on it, different teams, situations, it's still fluid, etc)

Avg:

Mesko ranked 31st

Allen ranked 20th

Net:

Mesko ranked 27th

Allen ranked 13th

Avg. return yards gained by returns (NOT  out kicking your coverage, in part)

Mesko ranked 15th @ 7.7 yds per return

Allen ranked 8th @ 6.0 yds per return

Dropped inside the 20

Mesko ranked 33rd with 2 (2 out of 20 punts)

Allen ranked tied for 4th with 13 (13 out of 30 punts)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would hope the "big picture" is winning the super bowl this year?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

[QUOTE]

Fact: It is "your" OPINION that Allen has not been good in any other game. NOT a Fact. 

Fact: You do NOT know for a fact that he has continuously outkicked his coverage because you do not know what is being asked of him on any particular given punt. Neither do I. So while it is possible you are correct, at least to some degree, you could also be wrong. The fact is that your statement is indeed NOT a fact.

You make most posters points for them with your last comment about the Patriots having the ability to opt to sign or not sign Mesko next year. By stating that, you are saying lose Allen(in all probable liklihood) while also putting yourself in a weakened bargaining position with Mesko come next year, in which case you have potentially lost both.

Statistically: (no I'm not hanging my hat on it, different teams, situations, it's still fluid, etc)

Avg:

Mesko ranked 31st

Allen ranked 20th

Net:

Mesko ranked 27th

Allen ranked 13th

Dropped inside the 20

[/QUOTE]

apparently, other than the Cincy game, you haven't been watching? is there ever an outside gunner with in 12 yards of the punt returner when the returner catches the ball? ? I dont see that information in your statistics??  

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I would hope the "big picture" is winning the super bowl this year?

I think that is always his goal, but BB's vision goes beyond just this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Avg:

Mesko ranked 31st

Allen ranked 20th

Net:

Mesko ranked 27th

Allen ranked 13th

Dropped inside the 20

[/QUOTE]

apparently, other than the Cincy game, you haven't been watching? is there ever an outside gunner with in 12 yards of the punt returner when the returner catches the ball? ? I dont see that information in your statistics??  

[/QUOTE]

Yes there is but more importantly I assume in your world of vast coaching experience the result of a given play, a punt in this case, comes down to only a single person doing their job, right?

Heaven forbid a gunner gets overly blocked and does not get down field as they should. That can never happen in your world right? Must just automatically be the piunter out kicking his coverage. 

Even with all the info I provided some people still want to argue instead of simply stating good points. ** shaking head ** (what ever works for you)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

some of us watch or attend the games, and make our observations. some of us watched Allen show off his leg this summer, and watched the coaches discuss with him situational punting, directional punting and hang time...some of us read statistics.

I do hope Allen shows Cincy was his norm as we play forward. I have been under the impression that the Pats, this year, would have been better served with Mesko. Next year, depending on what the market bears for punters, in hind sight the Pats may have made the correct move...

If we were discussing a lower echelon team, keeping Allen was a no brainer...but we are discussing the PAts. I have SB aspirations. Why put a rookie in a position when you dont have to? If that rookie is better, of course, you make that move. I am simply of the opinion Allen prior to Cincy has not been better than how Mesko performed the past couple of years (I have not seen Mesko this year)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

WR:  Injury Guy, Undrafted Rookie, Rookie, Rookie, Special Teams Guy,

TE:  Injury Guy, Blocker, Well Traveled Practice Squad Guy, Undrafted Rookie Already Cut Guy

What's the bigger picture he's looking at?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

some of us watch or attend the games, and make our observations. some of us watched Allen show off his leg this summer, and watched the coaches discuss with him situational punting, directional punting and hang time...some of us read statistics.

I do hope Allen shows Cincy was his norm as we play forward. I have been under the impression that the Pats, this year, would have been better served with Mesko. Next year, depending on what the market bears for punters, in hind sight the Pats may have made the correct move...

If we were discussing a lower echelon team, keeping Allen was a no brainer...but we are discussing the PAts. I have SB aspirations. Why put a rookie in a position when you dont have to? If that rookie is better, of course, you make that move. I am simply of the opinion Allen prior to Cincy has not been better than how Mesko performed the past couple of years (I have not seen Mesko this year)

The market for punters, ones who are very good like Mesko, is 3.5-4 million per. See the Colquitts. Last time on that topic.  Learn markets and economics or don't speak on the subject.

BB knows what the market is which is why Mesko was shown the door. We aren't paying a punter 4 million dollars.

You would be on here with your little group, all over BB, whining daily with your gloom and doom framed premises which never add up as you mope in the stands at Gillette like the all time greatest Debbie Downer anyone has ever seen.

You're also the took we probably see on tv sitting down or with his arms folded when the D is on the field.  LOSER

Sell your tickets to someone who cares and move on to the Jets.

[/QUOTE]

you have zero clue, nor do I what the Punter market will be this offseason. You say Mesko will get top 5 salary from one side of your mouth, and from the other side of your mouth, you say Mesko is the 31st rated punter...is the 31st punter getting this much in free agency...which is it? 

25. This post has been removed.