Ryan hopes color scheme helps Sanchez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

Ryan hopes color scheme helps Sanchez

Not sure if you guys saw this...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/28/jets-play-red-light-green-light-with-sanchez/

I guess this says it all about his decision making ability!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Ryan hopes color scheme helps Sanchez

In Response to Ryan hopes color scheme helps Sanchez:
    [QUOTE]Not sure if you guys saw this... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/28/jets-play-red-light-green-light-with-sanchez/ I guess this says it all about his decision making ability!
    Posted by AdrenalineJunkie[/QUOTE]

Yup.

A quarterback should know based on the game situation whether it's a good time to gamble downfield (2nd-and-1, et al) or check down with the deep man as a decoy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure if you guys saw this... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/28/jets-play-red-light-green-light-with-sanchez/ I guess this says it all about his decision making ability!

Give the guy a break. He's a rookie - and placed in its proper perspective - has done quite well.

Color coding? So, what.  It's called simplifying things for a rookie. We prolly did the same thing for Cassel too - just called it something else. You think he was given the whole enchilada to use?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

I know he's a rookie, but when the season started, Ryan started calling Sanchize and overhyped him. He was going to be rookie of the year, and they were going to be world beaters.

I don't know what they did with Matt, but in many interviews I have seen of BB, he says the most important thing in a QB is decision-making and accuracy, not whether he has the strongest arm.

And if Matt did have a hard time with decision-making, one thing I know, is that BB would not come out and say it publicly. Ryan is putting this out there, not the fans. He said it in a press conference!

I am not the one discrediting him, his own coach is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan hopes color scheme helps Sanchez:
    [QUOTE]I know he's a rookie, but when the season started, Ryan started calling Sanchize and overhyped him. He was going to be rookie of the year, and they were going to be world beaters. I don't know what they did with Matt, but in many interviews I have seen of BB, he says the most important thing in a QB is decision-making and accuracy, not whether he has the strongest arm. And if Matt did have a hard time with decision-making, one thing I know, is that BB would not come out and say it publicly. Ryan is putting this out there, not the fans. He said it in a press conference! I am not the one discrediting him, his own coach is.

Okay, so I probably used a bad example as far as Matt Cassel is concerned - because he wasn't exactly a rookie when he started for the Patriots. Matt was in the system for 2-3 years before getting his chance. A better comparison would probably be Flacco or Matt Ryan.

In addition, its not Sanchez' fault that Ryan has a "loud mouth". Sanchez has been forced to take on more responsibility because they lost a key cog in their offense (leon washington) - so, Sanchez has a little more pressure to make things happen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Yes I saw this article myself..Bad Idea. Sanchez is already having problems making decisions and this is actually one more thing he has to think about. I want my quarterback to act instinctively and now he's going to be second guessing every throw he makes. My assumption is that he will throw less interceptions because he will be throwing less passes but the Jets offense won't score anymore points.If I'm a Jets fan I'm increasing my monthly liquor budget right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

Well those comparisons don't help either

Matt Ryan had 11 ints all year, Flacco had 12 - so far this year Sanchez has 16. Also, Ryan and Flacco took their teams to the playoffs, Flacco all the way to the AFC championship. Both with rookie Head Coaches (so exact same situation as Sanchez). I find it hard to believe that Sanchez will be going the playoffs, but anything is posible.

If you are going to say, well, Baltimore had a great D - well, so do de Jets, correct?

Yes Leon Washington is out, but isn't that more reason to be careful with the ball?

And again, his own coach is the one who first overhypes him, then throws him under the bus...

The fact that all of this is happening to the Jests, is just icing on the cake:)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

That really isn't the color system they should be using.

Before the game, Ryan should sit Sancherception down and show him the color uniform the Jets will be wearing that day and then show him the color uniform the other team will be wearing that day but with a big red X through it. He should then advise him to NOT/NOT throw it at the other color uniform and punctuate this with a few head slaps. 

I think this color system would be far more effective.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Ryan hopes color scheme helps Sanchez:
    [QUOTE]Well those comparisons don't help either Matt Ryan had 11 ints all year, Flacco had 12 - so far this year Sanchez has 16. Also, Ryan and Flacco took their teams to the playoffs, Flacco all the way to the AFC championship. Both with rookie Head Coaches (so exact same situation as Sanchez). I find it hard to believe that Sanchez will be going the playoffs, but anything is posible. If you are going to say, well, Baltimore had a great D - well, so do de Jets, correct? Yes Leon Washington is out, but isn't that more reason to be careful with the ball? And again, his own coach is the one who first overhypes him, then throws him under the bus... The fact that all of this is happening to the Jests, is just icing on the cake:)

No, basically I'm saying that Sanchez isn't the problem.  It actually sounds like you have a greater problem w/ Ryan than Sanchez - which I'm okay with - but I think Sanchez is going to be a good quartback in the future.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

Agreed... and hopefully he doesn't become too good!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DynastyXXXVI. Show DynastyXXXVI's posts

I don't see Sanchez  becoming THAT good in the future. Honestly. I think at best he may turn out to be another Favre... a gunslinger that occasionally comes out on top and has a few exceptional seasons, but will always be prone to throw an extraordinary amount of picks. Of course, the media will have you believe that he is the greatest, just like they've also done with Favre.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonreadercomments. Show bostonreadercomments's posts

Crayons and coloring books, perhaps a high chair thrown in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

It's as if good ol' Rex doesn't understand that a rookie is going to make mistakes.  What kind of head coach banks his entire offense on a rookie quarterback?  And to think that in week 3 the Jets were already being crowned...gross