Sacked!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from iclaudius. Show iclaudius's posts

Sacked!

I have mentioned this in a few posts, but I really think it needs its own discussion.

Matt Cassel is no Tom Brady, but he wasn't a statue in the pocket. Yet, our o-line let through a league high 47 sacks last year. That was the first time we lead the league in that dubious stat since Tony Eason was the target in 1984. Detroit did better in that department ... Detroit!

league high

With the addition of Michael Matthews - who is known as a blocking TE - my fears are slightly relaxed.

But HEY! League High - 47.

Is our o-line up to the task of protecting the-most-important-quarterback in the nfl? We haven't made any noticeable improvements.

Talk me down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Re: Sacked!

In Response to Sacked!:
    [QUOTE]I have mentioned this in a few posts, but I really think it needs its own discussion. Matt Cassel is no Tom Brady, but he wasn't a statue in the pocket. Yet, our o-line let through a league high 47 sacks last year. That was the first time we lead the league in that dubious stat since Tony Eason was the target in 1984. Detroit did better in that department ... Detroit! league high 47 With the addition of Michael Matthews - who is known as a blocking TE - my fears are slightly relaxed. But HEY! League High - 47 . Is our o-line up to the task of protecting the-most-important-quarterback in the nfl? We haven't made any noticeable improvements. Talk me down.
    Posted by iclaudius[/QUOTE]

Some of this falls on the quarterback and his ability to get rid of the ball quickly.  Brady is much better at that than Cassel, I believe.