Saddest Colts fan thread ever

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Saddest Colts fan thread ever

http://forum.colts.com/showthread.php?54076-The-Two-Point-Conversion-Play-Was-A-Bad-Call

Honestly, it is laughable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Saddest Colts fan thread ever

Colts fan is genuinely perplexed.

Calls don't go against Indy.

That's not the way it's supposed to work.

They're going to have to get Polian to work on those replay guidelines.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~Lol, At first I was going to go with the Colt's Poster on that forum who argued that, Not simply was NO's 2-point conversion an incompletion, and not simply that it would have given Indianapolis "more momentum" (for the Manning INT drive)-even though they'd still need a TD for a tie or a win, BUT the poster concluded his post complaining about how NFL Referees make too many "judgement calls of off RE-plays," and so therefore "replay should be abolished" to keep calls more accurate...

~YET, THAT guy DOESN'T get the prize...THIS Colt's Fan does (talking also about the replay and accuracy of the call on NO's 2-point conversion):

"The key was whether or not he had control of the ball. One thing about it though, did high def super slow mo distort the reality of the playIn real time his juggling of the ball and Lacey knocking it loose was all one act. The line judge was standing right on top of the play and made the call in real time. It was the correct call too....in real time. At full speed it was incomplete, no question. In super slo-mo though, it was a completion."

wow...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Colts fan is genuinely perplexed.
    Calls don't go against Indy.
    That's not the way it's supposed to work.
    They're going to have to get Polian to work on those replay guidelines
    ."

...in a nutshell.  Edit, Cut Paste, Edit, Cut, Paste, Edit, Cut, Paste,....  

Thought a' this one to send this to the Colt's Forum:
    "I could be bound in a nutshell, calling myself King of Infinite Space...were it not that I have bad dreams." ~King Lear  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

As Pats fans know (all to well), when you are at the top, failures of any kind become the comforting fodder of those less fortunate. 

Pats fans, rip away at all things Colts.  It is comforting. 

As for that call - here is the only I can say about that.  Super slo-motion could make Larry Bird look like he could levitate and it can make a player look like he actually has possession, which he may or may not have.  Regardless, it ultimately had no effect on the outcome of the game.  

No complaints from me on the overturn. 

What I would have liked to have seen (and don't know if it was available) is the colts to have challenged possession on the onside kick.  Before the scrum (if I recall correctly) it looked like a colts player possessed the ball and was on the ground. 

If true - that could have changed the entire game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

First: 11/18/2009
    Last: 2/8/2010
    As Pats fans know (all to well), when you are at the top, failures of any kind become the comforting fodder of those less fortunate. 

Pats fans, rip away at all things Colts.  It is comforting. 

As for that call - here is the only I can say about that.  Super slo-motion could make Larry Bird look like he could levitate and it can make a player look like he actually has possession, which he may or may not have.  Regardless, it ultimately had no effect on the outcome of the game.  

No complaints from me on the overturn. 

What I would have liked to have seen (and don't know if it was available) is the colts to have challenged possession on the onside kick.  Before the scrum (if I recall correctly) it looked like a colts player possessed the ball and was on the ground. 

If true - that could have changed the entire game.

Wow, you sound even more pathetic than those idiots on that thread!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

~dogg, Can kinda see why you come over here...  More important though, Is that I ultimately respect your Colt's loyalty despite certain beliefs of other Colt's Fans, AND despite a win or a loss, AND despite a select few Pat's d#mmies on this site rippin' on you (but moreso-toward you in place of your team) at times.  And so brotha, despite the kool-aid we all gulp into true or false beliefs about our team, you remain humble and loyal...which is what counts for me in the end. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Doggg....quit your whining....You lost fair and square....blaming it on the replay is PATHETIC.  He clearly had possesion of the ball slo-mo and in real time.

You are starting to sound like us during the 4th and 2 play when Faulk looked like he had a first down...... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcanti71. Show jcanti71's posts

What I loved was the quote from Caldwell about how he looks calm, but inside he is even calmer.  If you saw his face after the pick six, that was no longer the case, and it was delightful. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

First of all, that Colts fan was right - the call was bad...BUT IT WAS THE ORIGINAL CALL THAT WAS BAD.  Apparently, Colts' fans are so accustomed to the officials giving them games with bad calls that they do not know what a properly called play looks like, or how the rules work.  This was not a sideline catch.  The receiver needed only control the ball after or as he crossed the plane.  He did.  He later bobbled it when it was kicked away from him, but that is after the score, so it is moot.  Had it been an out-of-bounds call or an on-the-field catch, the call would have been different. 

UNDEROO, you never surprise me. I always expect you to pull some nonsense out of the air and attempt to present it as truthful and substantiative. 

First, slo-mo is more accurate than hi-speed.  I thought anybody knew that.  Apparently, I was wrong.

Second, in case you have noticed, humans (as in officials) make mistakes all the time.  I venture to say that this one made the worst call of the game and I am glad N.O. challenged it.

Third, the N.O. special-teamer had control of the ball, on the ground, both hands on it as it lay under his leg.  At no time did any Colts' player ever have control of the ball.  I fully expected N.O. to challenge a call of Indy possessing the ball, as the camera work clearly showed a N.O. player controlling the ball before the scrum ensued.  In such situations, you usually do not have a clear view, but in this case we did.  It is absurd for you to suggest that Indy got jobbed or ever have had control of the ball.

Last, you imply that your team suffered bad calls in this game.  What about the three non-calls that should have been 15-yarders for the defenseless receiver hit/late hit/unsportsmanlike play/helmet-to-helmet hits that were leveled against Shokey.  For your benefit, CBS even showed that dirty helmet-to-helmet adjoined with an elbow to the face. Let's face it, your team played a dirty game and got away with at least 45 yards that they should have been penalized to go with the 15 they did receive.  How would 45 extra penalty yards have impacted this game?

But frankly, Indy played a lousy game, from coaching, to passing (barely escaping four or five near-INTs), to tackling.  The pass rush blocking was excellent, but accompanied by holding that was not called. It is, as I and many other have said all this season and the past few, a team that cannot win without the officials squarely in it's pocket.

Now let's put all those stupid "Peyton Manning is the player of the decade" claims to rest.  Even Peter King is admitting he blew it on that declaration, i.e. his back-up choice of Brady is the best player of the decade. Booyah!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Dogg- With all due respect they would have never turned that call over. There was nothing conclusive about the replay except that common sense would tell you the Colts recovered that. That being said, Not good enough for a reversal.

BTW, You got to take a few shots the night Indy beat us and didn't balk at the opportunity. Just some good natured ribbing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I stoppped reading anything that the colts fans write becuase ignorance is obviously there fandom motto. The Replay couldn't have been any clearer,he caught the ball and controlled the twice in the same reception both times the possession was in the endzone,end of story!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

That initial call was so obviously wrong, I am surprised it is even an issue.

He had possession. The ball was in the endzone. Done. End of story. 

Going to the ground isn't relevant because possession in the endzone ends the play. It would only have been relevant if he was in contact with the defender and going to the ground - then he would have had to maintain possession.

His bobble after hitting the ground wasn't relevant because the ball was already dead when it crossed the endzone in his possession. Even if it were relevant, he regained control before having the defender kick it away and that would have been enough for the points to count.

And then, even if they were only up by 5, the Colts would still need a TD and I doubt any of the plays in the ensuing Colts drive would have changed. The Saints would have only won by 12 instead of 14.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Underdog we're not ripping we're laughing. To long you Colts fans have believes the media hype. Welcome to the real world. The Saints were clearly the better team going in and only the tunnel vision of Manning worship by the media prevented anyone from seeing that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Anybody heard from Dogg(gg)...thats' double g, a/k/a Togah, or my good buddy HorseColt18? No? Gee, I wonder why? LOL!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

He stopped in as bjesus claiming the Colts were still the team of the decade but quickly retreated. I'm beginning to think he may also be coltsbabe

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Root, I thought it was the other way around.  If contacted, the ground cannot cause a fumble.  If not contacted, the ball must be possessed to the ground. 

Agreed it did not matter to the outcome of the game and would have only if the colts scored a td on the next series, which, of course, did not happen.