Saints 49 Pats 20

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Casportsfan. Show Casportsfan's posts

Saints 49 Pats 20

Let's get real here, and let's start by analyzing common opponents here.  Sometimes this is a meaningless stat, because things do change from game to game, but it's a logical place to begin.

The Saints played a physical game against the Bills on the road and manhandled the team, 27-7.  We all know what happened with the Bills and Pats, no need to rehash that.

The Saints handled the Jets, albeit in a tough game, 24-10.  Brady and the Pats were basically clueless against the Jets pressure style D and the New York crowd.

If you are truly being objective, you have to say that the Saints clearly have the edge when it comes to common opponents.

Now let's look at matchups.  Saints #1 offense against Pats D:

How in the HELL are some of you rationalizing the Pats slowing down an offense that has hung 48 on the Eagles and Giants?  My analysis here is simple.  The Pats flat out cannot pressure the QB.  They are #23 in sacks.  If you can't pressure Brees, you are done.  Finished.  Analysis doesn't need to go any further than that.  The Saints can run 55 pass plays and 1 run, and you STILL will never come close to stopping them unless you can pressure Brees.

Shockey, Lance Moore, Colston, etc. etc. etc. match up bigtime against even extremely talented secondaries, and the Pats do not have an extremely talented secondary.  I'd give the Pats a chance to game plan and slow down the Saints and possibly steal this game if it were at home in the N.E snow, but it's not.  And you all know that.

With that offense, that crowd, and that revamped pressure defense, 49-20 is a very objective score.  Hey, maybe somehow someone missed something and the Pats are really superior to the Giants.  Maybe they will fare better in the dome.  I don't see it.

49-20 Saints.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N420. Show R3S1N420's posts

Re: Saints 49 Pats 20

yea you might be right, but i think tomorrow your going to see the solution to our pass rushing problems ,i have a felling the pats are going to make a big move to pick up a big time pass rusher..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah. Throughout the years there's been a lot of posts just like yours.Sometimes they're right,most of the time they're wrong. We'll see soon enough. Saints still don't know what a Lombardi looks like so shut up until you got at least one in the trophy case.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

In Response to Re: Saints 49 Pats 20:
    [QUOTE]yea you might be right, but i think tomorrow your going to see the solution to our pass rushing problems ,i have a felling the pats are going to make a big move to pick up a big time pass rusher..
    Posted by R3S1N420[/QUOTE]

No, they're not. 

And as for your prediction of 49-20, have you seen the difference in the team's overall play since those first two games? It's a completely different team.  Brady was skittish looking and his mechanics were absolutely dreadful.  We also had the pass-dropper Galloway doing what he can to derail the offense. 

Look at Brady the past 4 few games, since the second half of the Atlanta game he has been MUCH better.. the offense as a whole has since Galloway was benched and Brady's mechanics have improved.  It will be a much closer came, trust me.  I'm not one of those people who are saying "omg we're going to win it all bc brady threw a td to moss!!!".. I'm being realistic, plus Brady will be even better in his mechanics by that point in the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

That's why you play the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Casportsfan... you have your opinion and your own inherent bias.  Again, you are ASSUMING SIX WEEKS from now these two teams will be playing the same now then!  If this were next week, then you can argue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

AGC, I was thinking the same thing. Predicting an exact score 6 weeks ahead of time is foolish. Let's say, for argument, Jason Taylor hits Brees and he's out for a few games. CA, what would your prediction be then?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Please dude you must be new to this thing called the NFL. Teams start out hot all the time then by the 2nd half of the season they are cold as ice. Other teams start out cold but finish the season hot. Happens every year. So calling a score 6 weeks from now when you have no clue who will even be suiting up for the game is frickin stupid.

As far as the dome thing who cares. Brady is 9-0 regular season career in domes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"With that offense, that crowd, and that revamped pressure defense, 49-20 is a very objective score.  Hey, maybe somehow someone missed something and the Pats are really superior to the Giants.  Maybe they will fare better in the dome.  I don't see it.

49-20 Saints."

I have to weigh a dual set of axioms here before I concur...  And so, Ye, I shall simply and to use your term, "Objectively," ask myself the following straightforward Question:  "As a Patriot's Fan on many Message Boards, starting here circa 2002 or so, Have I, myself seen and been privy to More Blowouts in this past decade of New England Patriot Football Opponents beating up on the Pats," OR to date, "Have I Been Witness to more brash Fans of these opposing teams insipidly spilling and incessantly babbling false bravado in regards to some future Pat's Opponent in an effort to instigate, or just simply instill, well...WhoTH knows...?" 

~My Answer and Response is therefore obvious:  I would have respected you more If You came on this board saying the 'aints would beat the pats, A HUNdred-and-forty-nine to twenty (at least then some of us could take the extra time away from work to fashion some more colorful anecdotes)...   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrantW. Show GrantW's posts

So by your theory this should also hold true:

The Jets beat the Pats - Jets are better
    The Bills beat the Jets - Bills are better
    Pats beat the Bills - Pats are better

You see what I'm getting at here?

It's all about matchups and not about what one team did to another team 5 weeks ago.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Saints 49 Pats 20:
    [QUOTE]Let's get real here, and let's start by analyzing common opponents here.  Sometimes this is a meaningless stat, because things do change from game to game, but it's a logical place to begin. The Saints played a physical game against the Bills on the road and manhandled the team, 27-7.  We all know what happened with the Bills and Pats, no need to rehash that. The Saints handled the Jets, albeit in a tough game, 24-10.  Brady and the Pats were basically clueless against the Jets pressure style D and the New York crowd. If you are truly being objective, you have to say that the Saints clearly have the edge when it comes to common opponents. Now let's look at matchups.  Saints #1 offense against Pats D: How in the HELL are some of you rationalizing the Pats slowing down an offense that has hung 48 on the Eagles and Giants?  My analysis here is simple.  The Pats flat out cannot pressure the QB.  They are #23 in sacks.  If you can't pressure Brees, you are done.  Finished.  Analysis doesn't need to go any further than that.  The Saints can run 55 pass plays and 1 run, and you STILL will never come close to stopping them unless you can pressure Brees. Shockey, Lance Moore, Colston, etc. etc. etc. match up bigtime against even extremely talented secondaries, and the Pats do not have an extremely talented secondary.  I'd give the Pats a chance to game plan and slow down the Saints and possibly steal this game if it were at home in the N.E snow, but it's not.  And you all know that. With that offense, that crowd, and that revamped pressure defense, 49-20 is a very objective score.  Hey, maybe somehow someone missed something and the Pats are really superior to the Giants.  Maybe they will fare better in the dome.  I don't see it. 49-20 Saints.
    Posted by Casportsfan[/QUOTE] casport-i know its not every year your saints have a winning record,but one advice i will give you.be afraid,be very afraid.not to mention,if the dolphins dont beat you,the pats surely will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez-iyPxG-Kw

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Saints 49 Pats 20:

Got to admit that the Saints were extremely impressive in beating the Giants and Eagles.  Currrently, they're playing like the 2007 Patriots did. But, why are you worrying about the Pats now? The Pats/Saints game is several weeks away. Lots can change in that time. But, I'll play...lets' look at your analysis:

[QUOTE]...let's look at matchups.  Saints #1 offense against Pats D: How in the HELL are some of you rationalizing the Pats slowing down an offense that has hung 48 on the Eagles and Giants?  My analysis here is simple.  The Pats flat out cannot pressure the QB.  They are #23 in sacks.  If you can't pressure Brees, you are done.  Finished.  Analysis doesn't need to go any further than that.  The Saints can run 55 pass plays and 1 run, and you STILL will never come close to stopping them unless you can pressure Brees.

RESPONSE:  Teams found a way to slow down the 2007 Pats. A way will be found to slow down your Saints a bit, too.

Shockey, Lance Moore, Colston, etc. etc. etc. match up bigtime against even extremely talented secondaries, and the Pats do not have an extremely talented secondary. 

RESPONSE: Colston looks like a younger version of Randy Moss. Lance Moore reminds me of Welker. Shockey was, and always has been injury prone, and a head case. The Pats' secondary will continue to improve as the season progresses. But, right now, it, nor any other secondary, is a match for Brees and his talented receivers.

I'd give the Pats a chance to game plan and slow down the Saints and possibly steal this game if it were at home in the N.E snow, but it's not.  And you all know that.

RESPONSE: Are you trying to convince us, or yourself? LOL!!

With that offense, that crowd, and that revamped pressure defense, 49-20 is a very objective score.  Hey, maybe somehow someone missed something and the Pats are really superior to the Giants.  Maybe they will fare better in the dome.  I don't see it. 49-20 Saints.

RESPONSE: The Pats won't be embarrassed. As for predictions, Pats fans follow the teachings of BB. We take them one at a time. Winning regularly is something new and exciting for Saints fans. Good luck to the Saints with the rest of their games (except the one against the Pats, of course).    

Posted by Casportsfan[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Who really cares about the Saints, that game is 6 weeks away........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

This thread is pointless.

It's Tampn Bay this week, in case you were wondering.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]This thread is pointless. It's Tampn Bay this week, in case you were wondering.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Is Tampon Bay the world's first monthly resort?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Fins are roughing up the Saints right now...anyone else watching this?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Yes, but it looks like the Saints are fighting back...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike1165. Show Mike1165's posts

[QUOTE]Fins are roughing up the Saints right now...anyone else watching this?
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Roughing up might be a bit of an overstatement.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saints 49 Pats 20 : Roughing up might be a bit of an overstatement.
    Posted by Mike1165[/QUOTE]

Yep...I am most definitely overstating it.  Saints just took the lead, in fact.

I'll shut the trap now.