Saints a fraud?... Pats WILL destroy them!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Saints a fraud?... Pats WILL destroy them!

The game is month away, but for arguments sake.....I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that NE will "destroy" the Saints, both teams are playing well (Saints are first in the NFL with a +119 in point differential while NE is 3rd with +100), so it should be a competitive game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Saints a fraud?... Pats WILL destroy them!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saints a fraud?... Pats WILL destroy them! : please confirm. I read that you said "the pats will beat indy". Was that a misprint? just yanking your chain. I think your expectations are pretty realistic. I still see that game as a tossup but the letdown factor often plays a bigger role than most fans realize or account for.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and my comment did not suggest that the colts were better than the pats.  I think it will be a pick 'em game barring further injury.  The best news for the colts is that it is the pats.  Easy to get up for the game.  If the next game after houston was baltimore, I'd probably think they would be an even bigger let down opponent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]I have come to think that the Pats will beat Indy.  This does not suggest that the pats are better.  Next week is huge for Indy against Houston.  If Indy wins, then they have a 4+ game lead on the entire division.  It will be a difficult game but Indy will benefit from Owen Daniel going down.  That said, if Indy beats Houston, I could see the pats game as a let down.  I know that is blasphemy, and I hope I am wrong, but the rivalry has lost some of its cache in my opinion. If the colts do not let down against NE, then it is very possible that they will against Balt - next game.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Indy will not let down until they have homefield adavantage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3812356. Show user_3812356's posts

First of all...The NFC can not be rated as real football, they have no top or bottom, week in and week out the supposed 'best teams" lose to the worst teams. Eagles lose to the raiders then crush the giants who were unbeatable three weeks ago, the falcons shouldnt have been on the same field as the pats and ATL choked last night, the dolphins choked, the saints are good, but we all saw what a high powered offense will get you two years ago. They are relying on that and lucky pick sixes every game. Their defense is good but they play in a subpar conference in a bad division, I would bet the saints lose 3 games this year, one to the falcons the pats and then a bad team. no chance they go to the super bowl, some team will get to brees or at least run the correct defense against a mediocre run team with nothing but the pass.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I have come to think that the Pats will beat Indy.

RESPONSE: What a cowardly stance...trying to cover your buttt here just in case disaster strikes in Indy...LOL!!
    I wasn't trying to be funny or cover my a*s. 

This does not suggest that the pats are better.

RESPONSE: LOL!!! If the Pats beat the Colts in Indy...does that suggest that the Colts are better?
     See my note to Alfie.  It also does not mean the Colts are better than the Pats.  I think these are evenly matched teams. 

Next week is huge for Indy against Houston.  If Indy wins, then they have a 4+ game lead on the entire division.  It will be a difficult game but Indy will benefit from Owen Daniel going down.  That said, if Indy beats Houston, I could see the pats game as a let down.

RESPONSE: LOL!! Worried about the Texans, too? As for the Pats/Indy rivalry not being what it used to be, surely you jest. With all the pre-game publicity this game will undoubtably generate, if the Colts aren't up for the Pats, they're not human. How typical of a Colts fan...floating excuses in advance, just in case their team loses. 
    I worry about nearly every game.  I could be a pre-game trash talker like your favorites Bart Scott or Joey Porter, but I was just being honest.  As for the rivalry, maybe the hype will be there.  Again see my note to Alfie.  I said the good thing for the colts is that they are playing the pats so getting up for it should not be difficult.  If it were someone like Baltimore, I am not sure the colts would be as mentally ready. 

I know that is blasphemy, and I hope I am wrong, but the rivalry has lost some of its cache in my opinion.

RESPONSE: Why don't you ask some of your bretheran that question in Indy. The Pats/Colts is the top rivalry in the NFL. 
    I don't need to.  It's my opinion. 

If the colts do not let down against NE, then it is very possible that they will against Balt - next game.

RESPONSE: Stop whining, already!! The game has yet to be played! The Colts are an elite team. Its' not the end of the world if the Colts lose a game...even if its' to the Pats. They still would be a game up on them...unless they lose to the Texans the week before.
    Who's whining?  I am just discussing.

Posted by underdogg

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perfect72. Show perfect72's posts

Crush the Saints and the Colts on the road..really? The Pats can't even beat the Jets and The Broncos on the road. In fact, they haven't beat anyone on the road this year(Tampa was not a road game). Homerism at it's finest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Brees is great and that offense is on pace to break some of the Pats records (all though i dont see them keeping this pace) but teh real surprise for is that defense. They lead the league in turn overs for touchdowns. that D is making plays when it needs to and really playing lights out. If their D stays tough that team will stay legit all the way to the super bowl. They with out a doubt the best team in the NFC right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

How was Tampa not a road game? they flew to another country to play a game and had to play with jet lag how on earth does that not count as a road game?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I have come to think that the Pats will beat Indy. RESPONSE: What a cowardly stance...trying to cover your buttt here just in case disaster strikes in Indy...LOL!! I wasn't trying to be funny or cover my a*s.    This does not suggest that the pats are better. RESPONSE: LOL!!! If the Pats beat the Colts in Indy...does that suggest that the Colts are better?   See my note to Alfie.  It also does not mean the Colts are better than the Pats.  I think these are evenly matched teams.    Next week is huge for Indy against Houston.  If Indy wins, then they have a 4+ game lead on the entire division.  It will be a difficult game but Indy will benefit from Owen Daniel going down.  That said, if Indy beats Houston, I could see the pats game as a let down. RESPONSE: LOL!! Worried about the Texans, too? As for the Pats/Indy rivalry not being what it used to be, surely you jest. With all the pre-game publicity this game will undoubtably generate, if the Colts aren't up for the Pats, they're not human. How typical of a Colts fan...floating excuses in advance, just in case their team loses.  I worry about nearly every game.  I could be a pre-game trash talker like your favorites Bart Scott or Joey Porter, but I was just being honest.  As for the rivalry, maybe the hype will be there.  Again see my note to Alfie.  I said the good thing for the colts is that they are playing the pats so getting up for it should not be difficult.  If it were someone like Baltimore, I am not sure the colts would be as mentally ready.    I know that is blasphemy, and I hope I am wrong, but the rivalry has lost some of its cache in my opinion.   RESPONSE: Why don't you ask some of your bretheran that question in Indy. The Pats/Colts is the top rivalry in the NFL.  I don't need to.  It's my opinion.  If the colts do not let down against NE, then it is very possible that they will against Balt - next game. RESPONSE: Stop whining, already!! The game has yet to be played! The Colts are an elite team. Its' not the end of the world if the Colts lose a game...even if its' to the Pats. They still would be a game up on them...unless they lose to the Texans the week before. Who's whining?  I am just discussing. Posted by underdogg
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Not buying it, Dogg. But...if you say so...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

We really should all worry about the phins before anything else.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]We really should all worry about the phins before anything else.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

The best reply to all these posts.

Agree 100%

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I quit reading halfway through this thread, but...

I think the Pats will go down there and win, probably something like 28-24. 

The Saints D isn't as "awesome" as it seems with all the picks.  They're giving up 22 points and 326 yards per game.   Really? I mean, that's not a dominant D by any means. 

Put them up against a team like Indy, New England, or even Pittsburgh and they will lose 75% of the time whether it's in the dome or not. 

I think the Pats D will do a good job against their offense and will probably control the clock when Brady gets the ball. 

Saints haven't had to defend a combo like Moss/Welker yet this year, nor have they had to play against an elite QB. 

I think this game will shape up a lot like a Pats-Colts game; 7-9 possessions for each team, ball control, lower-scoring game than expected. 

If people watched the second half of that game last night then they saw that the Saints offense can be shut down; as they were shut down for nearly the entire second half (only scored on one possession).  Brees may be good, but he does turn the ball over.  He's thrown 4 in the last 2 games (3 against Miami and 1 against the Falcons). 

This might sound crazy, but don't be surprised if Carolina squeeks out a win against N.O. next weekend if Delhomme doesn't throw a couple picks.  Their running game has finally hit it's stride and the Saints just lost their best run-stuffing DT, as michael turner showed last night it was easier to run right up the middle on them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dash4pats. Show dash4pats's posts

[QUOTE]I think that the Saints right now are for real.  Will they go undefeated?  I doubt it, but I wouldnt be surprised.  Records are made to be broken. I dont have any facts to support this, but I think that the saints are a more complete team that the 2007 NE Patriots were.  NO has a great rushing offense, great QB, good WR and a defense that takes the ball away and scores.  The 2007 NE team relied soley on the offense blowing teams out.  Yeah they had a couple of close games with Baltimore and the Giants, but with Baltimore they had no offense at the time and with the Giants it was a shootout. As I mentioned before do I think they go undefeated? NO, but anything is possible.  I do believe they are the best team in the League right now, right behind Indy.  I think it is great that NE is able to face both of these teams during November.  It will definatley show were they stand.  First up Miami.  One game at a time.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

While you sound serious, I almost think you're joking! The 09 Saints are more "complete" than the '07 Patriots? Seriously? The Patriots defense ranked in TOP 5 the ENTIRE season!! In spite of playing with a big lead the defense played tough every game! In the close games, it was the DEFENSE which bailed out the Pats by winning the game outright or holding the other team to a very small lead so Brady could come in, do his thing and win the game. The New Orleans defense dug holes as big as 24-3 (Dolphins) and forced their offense to play catchup - the 2007 Patriots NEVER had to deal with this through the first 7 games no less!

No WAY are the 09 Saints a more complete team. They're mediocre on defense and mediocre on Special teams - the 2007 Patriots had a TOP FIVE DEFENSE and a TOP THREE Special teams unit - combine THAT with the best offense in league history and THEN you get 16-0.

Just side-byside comparison thru 7 games even with the offensive show they're putting on STILL puts them behind the 2007 Patriots in terms of PPG, point differential, YPG - everything!

So no, NOT buying your argument - they're good, they're not THAT good!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]How was Tampa not a road game? they flew to another country to play a game and had to play with jet lag how on earth does that not count as a road game?
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]
    For the pats it was a road game which was a benefit to the pats, because it was also a road game for Tampa but was counted as a home game for them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saints a fraud?... Pats WILL destroy them! : While you sound serious, I almost think you're joking! The 09 Saints are more "complete" than the '07 Patriots? Seriously? The Patriots defense ranked in TOP 5 the ENTIRE season!! In spite of playing with a big lead the defense played tough every game! In the close games, it was the DEFENSE which bailed out the Pats by winning the game outright or holding the other team to a very small lead so Brady could come in, do his thing and win the game. The New Orleans defense dug holes as big as 24-3 (Dolphins) and forced their offense to play catchup - the 2007 Patriots NEVER had to deal with this through the first 7 games no less! No WAY are the 09 Saints a more complete team. They're mediocre on defense and mediocre on Special teams - the 2007 Patriots had a TOP FIVE DEFENSE and a TOP THREE Special teams unit - combine THAT with the best offense in league history and THEN you get 16-0. Just side-byside comparison thru 7 games even with the offensive show they're putting on STILL puts them behind the 2007 Patriots in terms of PPG, point differential, YPG - everything! So no, NOT buying your argument - they're good, they're not THAT good!
    Posted by dash4pats[/QUOTE]

The 2007 Pats D being ranked 5th in the league had everything to do with the NE offense. 

NE had such big leads that teams had to pass the ball to even catch up, which leads to alot of 3 and outs.

Although the saints are giving up alot of points per game the defense is scoring to contribute.  Yes they were down to the phins but that was turnovers and the dolphins are alot better now than they were in 2007.

Do the 2009 Saints have a better offense than the 2007 Patriots?

NO!

Why are they scoring almost 40ppg?

Defense is scoring points.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dash4pats. Show dash4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saints a fraud?... Pats WILL destroy them! : The 2007 Pats D being ranked 5th in the league had everything to do with the NE offense.  NE had such big leads that teams had to pass the ball to even catch up, which leads to alot of 3 and outs. Although the saints are giving up alot of points per game the defense is scoring to contribute.  Yes they were down to the phins but that was turnovers and the dolphins are alot better now than they were in 2007. Do the 2009 Saints have a better offense than the 2007 Patriots? NO! Why are they scoring almost 40ppg? Defense is scoring points.

Nope! Still not buying it!!
    It's extremely generic to just say the Pats had a top 5 D coz the offense was scoring mad points and teams had to pass to play catchup - then WHY is New Orleans NOT a top 5 Defense if they're a more "complete" team??

And you said it yourself, their D is giving up a LOT of points - Patriots D did NOT allow ppl to score 30 on them (until the Philly (28) and Giants (35) games, that is)

Seriously dude, don't drink the Saints Kool-aid - they haven't met a team like the Pats or Colts yet - a team that DOESN'T give the game away like Atlanta last night....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

You are right in regards to how many points they are allowing and to think about NE played the AFC North and NFC East in 2007.  Two of the toughest divisions in the NFL.

OK, I'll give you that argument. 

I'm convinced.  Maybe I went a little overboard.

Too bad they dont play the Colts but NE has to play both Indy and NO, so we will see how they match up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

here's the deal. the saints have been squeaking by as of late. took pats til its last 4 games in 07 to show clear weaknesses startg with that tough ravens game. it starts by not coverg the spread and bumbling your way at the end. the NFL is about coaching. Saints will beat idiot-led carolina but again WONT cover and will have to come back in the last 3 minutes (delhomme can be counted on to cough it up in at least 2 crucial scenarios). once bel and brady get hold of that blueprint, forget it. not only will we kick buttt but we will rub it in the last few minutes to make sure there is no last minute comeback. i m a parcellls/belichick guy so i respect sean peyton as he is from parcells' Dallas era but Bel is better and smarter and brady is not only better than brees but has the opportunity to PROVE it in brees' house on national TV (most watched game of the year for saints will be undefeated). saints are good and will be for the next few years but they simply do not have the experience to be PATRIOT good at this point esp under the lights! pats exposing their weaknesses and wounds will make them better for the playoffs esp if they get homefield advantage!

these next five games, startg with this sunday versus the dolphs at home will be a clear ASSSkickg contest to vault the pats back to their 07 status! they will win by 20 against the fins (base offense stinks), by 14 against the colts (too many holes), by 30 against the jets (revenge is a great motivator and focuses the mind), by a "close" 13 against the saints (we want our status back). the last fins game in miami will be the closest as we would be beat and struggling with motivational leverage (winning by 5 points with a comeback at the end). pats are going 5-0 in next 5! not being a homer, just looking at the FACTS. NO is a soft, weak, and very sweet team. if brady were the Atlanta QB, saints lose on Monday... period! if he were the dolphs QB, again saints lose! by the time we get to NO, we would be road and adversity tested and clickg on all cylinders.

We will shut down their running game, turning things over to brees exclusively. he's good but short and can be had and reduced to a turnover machine (at least 2 fumbles) against an experienced team like the pats. he will have his moments but brady will have far more as he exposes that overgambling defense for the FRAUD it really is. sharper is a gambler, who will pay versus the pats! Welker may have his career game. saints defense is also VERY small, can beat up when we decide to run it to keep it away from brees or just to rest our defense a bit! hope watson is able to play.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I dont want the 2007 Patriots. 

They never won a super bowl.

I want a pats team similar to 2002,2004 & 2005.

Those teams won the SB.

I dont care if they blow teams out. 

They just need to win and play tough Defense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jck1962. Show jck1962's posts

The second half of the Season will be a true test to see just how good the Patriots are, you have to admit they romped on some pretty bad teams, Baltimore was a good win and they should have beaten Denver by 2 TD's had Brady played better, with that being said I always give the advantage to the AFC, in my opinion the AFC just has better teams, except for a fluke SB win here and there...lol... I also agree that the Saints haven't beaten any really good teams, if they can beat the Colts and the Patriots I will be impressed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Not a fraud
    The Saints will be our toughest match up all year. They are on a roll and have come back in games twice now against good teams. They have the edge of experience and will not give in. They will believe they are in it until the final tick of the clock.

Pats can win. "Destroy" not likely.
    To win we will need to either:

1) Get out early and by a large margin to break their will. Make them play from a fear of losing verses the thought of winning.

2) Hang tough all game, get to Brees, confuse him with coverages, match him score for score and never let up till the end. Brady and the O will need to be flawless.

I am confident we can win, but a blow out or easy a game? no. This is a very tough team we will face.

prairiemike thanks for the heads up, I did not make the suit connection. Good call

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

[QUOTE]I dont want the 2007 Patriots.  They never won a super bowl. I want a pats team similar to 2002,2004 & 2005. Those teams won the SB. I dont care if they blow teams out.  They just need to win and play tough Defense.

AMEN! 2007 got us nothing. I watched the Eagle/Giant last Sunday and saw Samual (sp) intercept ELLY, I was like why didn't you do that in the SB......bitter bitter bitter

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Have you actually watched the Saints this year? They look far more complete than our 16-0 team. I'm not saying they will go undefeated, but they are for real and have the pieces, don't let being a Homer cloud your judgement so badly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I'm having trouble seeing a team on the Saints' schedule capable of derailing them if it isn't the Pats.