Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be

After taking  a glance at the Saints past opponents, it looks as if their toughest games were against the eagles (with kolb as qb) and the gints (their 5-0 record, at the time. looks much less impressive because they've struggled since then).
    They have not had to face an opponent like the pats. We need a big win. We need to win a road game like this to have confidence heading into the playoffs.
    This is our last chance to make a statement.
    WE ARE GONNA WHIP THEM!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be

The above take looks disturbingly familiar.

Undefeated is undefeated.

Telling yourself that the good team that's about to kick your @ss isn't that good is not an effective strategy . . .

unless your plan is to stop playing with ten minutes left, roll over, play dead and then immediately jump up and start barking about how you'll "see them in January."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

We definitely need this win, not only to keep 2007 special, but because this is the kind of team the Pats will have to face in the playoffs. The Saints are very over-hyped to me. If I had to rank them I would rank them as the 5th best team in the NFL-- behind Indy, NE, Cincy, and (my number 1) Minny-- and the best QB they've faced is Eli Manning. Their defense is overrated IMO, but their offense is just as potent as the Pats'. 

I expect a better performance out of our defense. Against the Colts they played well for three quarters, and without their best Pass-rusher. With TBC adding pressure to Brees, I expect them to shut down the Saints. I believe we are gazing at the best defense we've had since we lost Willie McGinest,-- since 2005-- but they still need to prove it to the masses. 

The 2009 New England Patriots are a team to be reckoned with!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

True, but look at how those teams collapsed AFTER New O was done with them. That says something. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

The Saints do all their damage in the second half. For some reason they start out real slow and crush teams in the second half. I think the score was tied at seven last week with Tampa at the half. They've also been trailing a few times at half one to Miami that looked over. 
    The flip to that is the Pats are the best team in the NFL in the first half so if we stay true to form in the first half and get up it'll be interesting to see if we can hold on. The Indy game may be the lesson they need to hold these guys down to get the W. They need to STAY AGGRESSIVE and not let up.

As far as saying they haven't really played anyone I'm not going down that road again. We all went through that and I never want that feeling in my gut again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

This game has all the ingredients to turn out very similarly to the Colts game. The Pats need to survive the war of attrition and make a defining play or two in the fourth quarter.

Predicting blowouts of 10-0 teams is folly...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

In Response to Re: Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be:
    [QUOTE]The Saints do all their damage in the second half. For some reason they start out real slow and crush teams in the second half. I think the score was tied at seven last week with Tampa at the half. They've also been trailing a few times at half one to Miami that looked over.  The flip to that is the Pats are the best team in the NFL in the first half so if we stay true to form in the first half and get up it'll be interesting to see if we can hold on. The Indy game may be the lesson they need to hold these guys down to get the W. They need to STAY AGGRESSIVE and not let up. As far as saying they haven't really played anyone I'm not going down that road again. We all went through that and I never want that feeling in my gut again.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Actually, the score was 17-7 at the half and 31-7 by the end of the third quarter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

In Response to Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be:
    [QUOTE]After taking  a glance at the Saints past opponents, it looks as if their toughest games were against the eagles (with kolb as qb) and the gints (their 5-0 record, at the time. looks much less impressive because they've struggled since then). They have not had to face an opponent like the pats. We need a big win. We need to win a road game like this to have confidence heading into the playoffs. This is our last chance to make a statement. WE ARE GONNA WHIP THEM!
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

Four of the Saints ten opponents have also face the Patriots this season.  The Saints defeated all of them by greater margins than did the Patriots.  Miami, Buffalo, Jets and Tampa Bay.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3854395. Show user_3854395's posts

Regardless of all the hype and the big game on Monday night.  I don't see a NFC team that will beat the saints in the playoffs.  So, win or lose on Monday night if the Pat's make it through the playoffs they will see them again in the Superbowl.  Sound familiar?  

Give me courage I'm wearing my colors to the game.  Go Pats!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]Regardless of all the hype and the big game on Monday night.  I don't see a NFC team that will beat the saints in the playoffs.  So, win or lose on Monday night if the Pat's make it through the playoffs they will see them again in the Superbowl.  Sound familiar?   Give me courage I'm wearing my colors to the game.  Go Pats!!
    Posted by foggch123[/QUOTE]

As long as you aren't wearing a Falcons jersey you should be fine.  Enjoy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]The above take looks disturbingly familiar. Undefeated is undefeated. Telling yourself that the good team that's about to kick your @ss isn't that good is not an effective strategy . . . unless your plan is to stop playing with ten minutes left, roll over, play dead and then immediately jump up and start barking about how you'll "see them in January."
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

The Jets, Broncos, and Colts weren't what they appeared to be.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be : The Jets, Broncos, and Colts weren't what they appeared to be.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Well, Z, it was easy enough the second time to show that Green New Jersey wasn't, and it looks like Denver is conceding as we speak -- but I'm afraid we're going to have to prove it once again in the Colts' house with their officials.

I wish I was as optimistic as you seem to be.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]We definitely need this win, not only to keep 2007 special, but because this is the kind of team the Pats will have to face in the playoffs. The Saints are very over-hyped to me. If I had to rank them I would rank them as the 5th best team in the NFL-- behind Indy, NE, Cincy, and (my number 1) Minny-- and the best QB they've faced is Eli Manning. Their defense is overrated IMO, but their offense is just as potent as the Pats'.  I expect a better performance out of our defense. Against the Colts they played well for three quarters, and without their best Pass-rusher. With TBC adding pressure to Brees, I expect them to shut down the Saints. I believe we are gazing at the best defense we've had since we lost Willie McGinest,-- since 2005-- but they still need to prove it to the masses.  The 2009 New England Patriots are a team to be reckoned with!
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

F*CKIN A!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB1976. Show JB1976's posts

AsylumGuido... Your facts are not entirely right. 1... you forgot the Falcons which the Saints D allowed to put up 27 points beating them by 8, the Pats beat them by 16 only allowing them 10 points. The Bucs is only a difference of a field goal so that's not really a big deal. Oh and let's not forget that Miami put up 34 points against NO and had it not been for a complete 4th quarter collapse by the Phins NO would of lost that game.

With that said, I expect the Pats to hand NO their first loss and make a statement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Is it real or is it Memorex?????
    Only 2 teams over 500

Schedule 2009
    WeekDateOppInfo
    19/13vs. DetW 45-27
    29/20@ PhiW 48-22
    39/27@ BufW 27-7
    410/4vs. NYJW 24-10
    5Bye Week
    610/18vs. NYGW 48-27
    710/25@ MiaW 46-34
    811/2vs. AtlW 35-27
    911/8vs. CarW 30-20
    1011/15@ StLW 28-23
    1111/22@ TBW 38-7

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]AsylumGuido... Your facts are not entirely right. 1... you forgot the Falcons which the Saints D allowed to put up 27 points beating them by 8, the Pats beat them by 16 only allowing them 10 points. The Bucs is only a difference of a field goal so that's not really a big deal. Oh and let's not forget that Miami put up 34 points against NO and had it not been for a complete 4th quarter collapse by the Phins NO would of lost that game. With that said, I expect the Pats to hand NO their first loss and make a statement.
    Posted by JB1976[/QUOTE]

You are correct.  It appears that their schedules are even more similar than first noted with half of the opponents being common.  Oh, and those games were all without Sedrick Ellis in the middle on defense.  Ellis, Darren Sharper, Jabari Greer and Scott Fujita (all starters) missed most if not all of those games.  They are all back and healthy.  In fact, the defense is about as healthy as it has been since week five.  And by the way, the Miami's 4th quarter collapse was actually a 2nd half collapse brought on by the Saints.  The Saints outscored them 36-10 in the 2nd half.  Another sign of a great team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be : Four of the Saints ten opponents have also face the Patriots this season.  The Saints defeated all of them by greater margins than did the Patriots.  Miami, Buffalo, Jets and Tampa Bay.
    Posted by AsylumGuido[/QUOTE]

Since you seem to be the excuse master, I'll give you a few of my own:

Miami: we certainly never allowed them to gain a 23 point lead.
    Buffalo: Um, Bradys first game after missing a year of football, if you call that a non-factor, you're not bright.
    Jets: First game see Buff explanation, second YOU'RE WRONG! You beat them by 14 we beat them by 17
    Tampa: 3 pts??? Please.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Are we what we appear to be?  And if so what is that?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be : Since you seem to be the excuse master, I'll give you a few of my own: Miami: we certainly never allowed them to gain a 23 point lead. Buffalo: Um, Bradys first game after missing a year of football, if you call that a non-factor, you're not bright. Jets: First game see Buff explanation, second YOU'RE WRONG! You beat them by 14 we beat them by 17 Tampa: 3 pts??? Please.
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]

Dude, I'm a Pats fan, but the Saints don't need any "excuses."  They're undefeated.  This would be a HUGE win for the Pats, but these guys are good, they're playing at home and their record is perfect so far.  Comparison of records against common opponents doesn't mean jack.  The Pats are going to have their hands full, make no mistake about it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be : Dude, I'm a Pats fan, but the Saints don't need any "excuses."  They're undefeated.  This would be a HUGE win for the Pats, but these guys are good, they're playing at home and their record is perfect so far.  Comparison of records against common opponents doesn't mean jack.  The Pats are going to have their hands full, make no mistake about it.
    Posted by Norger[/QUOTE]

Dude relax, I was just trying to point out his original point didn't mean anything. I agree with you.

The truth is, none of us really know what to expect beacause we never play each other and there is something to be said for that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soyi3oy. Show soyi3oy's posts

Just because the Saints defense isn't great in the traditional sense of yards allowed, they're still a great defense. They lead the league in takeaways. They lead the league in points scored. They have the lowest QB rating average against them. In the first 5 weeks they were up at 6th against the rush. Sedrick Ellis goes down and suddenly we're no longer a top 10 rushing defense. Not a coincidence. Fortunately, he's coming back on Monday as well as Greer.

I don't think the game's going to be as close as people are saying. Just because it's two great teams doesn't mean it has to be decided by a field goal. And with that said, just because it's a blow out either way doesn't mean one team is significantly better than the other.

42 - 27 Saints.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Look at all the teams that were undefeated when the Pats played them, win or lose, and how after those games they started playing badly.  Denver, Ravens, Jets, Falcons...now all mediocre teams after Pats abused them.  Jets and Broncos benefited from Brady's rustiness, but the Pats should have won both when you look at what Brady missed.  Same with the Colts...56 minutes of Patriots domination until BB decided to play soft prevent, and got conservative on offense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

If the Pats play well as they have started to, the Saints should not have a chance against them.  We have to wait and see if the Pats can click.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be : Since you seem to be the excuse master, I'll give you a few of my own: Miami: we certainly never allowed them to gain a 23 point lead. Buffalo: Um, Bradys first game after missing a year of football, if you call that a non-factor, you're not bright. Jets: First game see Buff explanation, second YOU'RE WRONG! You beat them by 14 we beat them by 17 Tampa: 3 pts??? Please.
    Posted by KellieMB[/QUOTE]

You LOST to the Jets.  Yes, you did beat them the second time, but you still lost to them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Saints played the 1-9 St. Louis Rams two weeks ago.  With 2:21 to go, the Rams had to drive 80 yards for the winning touchdown.  Being the 1-9 Rams of course, they only drove the first 48 yards against the Saints, then failed. 

How could anyone let the Rams get that close?  The Rams are a team that pinned a deciding touchdown on the mighty Detroit Lions with 1:38 to go in that game, but hasn't beaten anyone else this year.  Any team that needs their lucky mojo from the voodoo shop to beat the Rams, they're hurting.