Saints Fans

  1. This post has been removed.

     
  2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

    Re: Saints Fans

    Yeah, what a horrible year for them so far.  Sounds like Payton could be the next HC of the Dallas Cowboys.

     
  3. This post has been removed.

     
  4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

    Re: Saints Fans

    Payton will be heading to Dallas next season.  Bank on it. 

     
  5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

    Re: Saints Fans

    I disagree. I think Benson, Loomis and Payton all on the same page and enjoy working together. Benson also smart enough to understand Paytons importance to the team, city and fans. He has the pockets and desire to keep payton. I also think Payton wants to stay, and for the record has stated that.

    the one hangup could be personal with family. Other than that, 2% chance Dallas, 98% chance stays in New Orleans

     

     
  6. This post has been removed.

     
  7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

    Re: Saints Fans

    In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

    I love how the media is saying no way Payton leaves Drew Brees. If crazy Jerry Jones doubled Payton's salary and Payton's  kids LIVE in Dallas right now, why wouldn't he consider leaving?  It's not like Dallas is far off. Nice D, nice tools on offense, etc.

    He's won a SB with Brees already, so maybe he'd like to try and seal the deal in Dallas with Romo?

    Who knows what Payton is thinking, but the whole idea of it being impossible that Payton leaves is hialrious.

    [/QUOTE]

    Because Payton has been in big D before and us smart enough to understand no one can work with JJ and JJ will not cede any decisions. 

    Payton doesnt go to Dallas unless he has BB power, and JJ will pass on that. 

    think he will discuss with Parcells and what do you think he will say about working for JJ? Think Woody Johnson pays Payton? Think the Hunts pay Payton? 

    I will still say 98% stays in New Orleans and signs a contract within 6 weeks

     

     

     
  8. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

    Re: Saints Fans

    This is the same owner who wanted to move the team to San Antonio when the city would not upgrade the superdome?

     
  9. This post has been removed.

     
  10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

    Re: Saints Fans

    In response to provpats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

    This is the same owner who wanted to move the team to San Antonio when the city would not upgrade the superdome?

    [/QUOTE]

    Negotiating. Same as moving the Pats to Hartford or Providence when Kraft was working his deal

     
  11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

    Re: Saints Fans

    In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

    In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

    In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

    I love how the media is saying no way Payton leaves Drew Brees. If crazy Jerry Jones doubled Payton's salary and Payton's  kids LIVE in Dallas right now, why wouldn't he consider leaving?  It's not like Dallas is far off. Nice D, nice tools on offense, etc.

    He's won a SB with Brees already, so maybe he'd like to try and seal the deal in Dallas with Romo?

    Who knows what Payton is thinking, but the whole idea of it being impossible that Payton leaves is hialrious.

    [/QUOTE]

    Because Payton has been in big D before and us smart enough to understand no one can work with JJ and JJ will not cede any decisions. 

    Payton doesnt go to Dallas unless he has BB power, and JJ will pass on that. 

    think he will discuss with Parcells and what do you think he will say about working for JJ? Think Woody Johnson pays Payton? Think the Hunts pay Payton? 

    I will still say 98% stays in New Orleans and signs a contract within 6 weeks

     

     

    [/QUOTE]

    What if Jones concedes and offers Payton GM and coaching duties like BB has here?  Also, why does it take 6 weeks for them to print off a fresh contract for him to sign? The longer the time goes by with him not under contract, the more likley it is, he's going to see offers come in from elsewhere.

     

    [/QUOTE]

    JJ wont cede an inch

    3-4 weeks to work the deal. 1-2 weeks for the NFL to approve

     
  12. This post has been removed.

     
  13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

    Re: Saints Fans

    In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

    What kind of a deal does NOs need to rework, though? That doesn't make any sense. The only reason why this deal was ripped up is becaue of how Mickey Loomis's deal was written.

    Again, it's very similar to the Parcells contract with the Jets and where it said "BB becomes coach the second I step down".

    We can assume BB knew that was in there, but maybe he didn't since it wasn't in his contract? That detail, we never learned.

    Anyway, if you are correct, the Payton deal will simply be printed of and he'll just sign it again, without being tied to Loomis's contract. Pretty simple. Barring Payton wanting to use this to gouge Benson, this is nothing more than a legal formality, stemming from the Bountygate mess.

    Payton has Benson by the balls (if he wants), simply by the way Loomis's contract was worded and Bountygate's aftermath.

     

    [/QUOTE]

    New Orleans will rip up his contract and offer him the richest coaching deal in the NFL for 5 years....I assume 5/$40

     
  14. This post has been removed.

     

Share