Salary Cap Cuts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Salary Cap Cuts?

Those players you mentioned make up under 10% of the cap, but are 11% of the 53 man roster. Considering four are starters, and the other two are extremely valuable role players, as a group they can be considered a BARGAIN. The only one I could see getting cut is Jarvis Green, and that is only if someone like Peppers is acquired.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

Salary Cap Cuts?

Miguel curently has the Pats cap at under 4.4 mill. with the draft still to come, and room needed for mid season signings for injuries. This also needs room for contract extensions for needed players like Richard Seymour, Vince Wilfork, Logan Mankins, Ben Watson, and Stephen Gostkowski all who have contracts up after this season. I wouldn't count on any more free agent signings, in fact we may see some supprising cuts to high priced players that are close to being replaced due to age or up and comers already signed or to be signed in the draft. Some of the possible supprising cuts all who's contracts are up at the end of this season are: Kevin Falk 2,939,440 savings, Ellis Hobbs 2,250,000 savings, Jarvis Green 2,040,000 savings, Stephen Neal 2,039,440 savings, Nick Kaczur 1,809,440 savings, Teddy Bruschi 1,440,000 savings. These players total 12,518,320 mill. nearly ten percent of the total cap! There is a lot of talk about who we should pick up in free agency. Who would you be willing to cut to make up enough cap space to resign needed players or sign free agents?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Salary Cap Cuts?

Because only the top 51 fully count against the cap, the rookies cost when they sign will mostly just be their roster, workout, and pro-rated signing bonuses for this year. they could potentially sign players that would fit under the rookie salary cap, around $5M, and cost the team when they sign $2M or less against the cap.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Salary Cap Cuts?

I think they won't sign Peppers unless he agrees to a huge paycut (at least from that $16 million figure). If BB did decide to sign him I wouldn't worry about how well he could play in the system. They would find a spot, be it DE, OLB, or most likely (as a lot of you said) a mix of the two situationally. JT seems a lot more resonable, and is a short term help in mentoring the young guys. There are some decent prospects in the draft, and who better to learn from than the veterans on this team. So although I love the thought of Peppers crushing both Peyton Manning and Phillip Rivers for NE, I doubt it will happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

Salary Cap Cuts?

We have enough money for the rookies but probably no more in free agency. If they do resign current players its likely to be an extension where it hits our cap in future years but being able to pay some of it now would help. if peppers did make it here i think he would have a role similar to Suggs from Baltimore who splits his time between d-line and LB depending on the situation, he has good size and athleticism

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtfan. Show celtfan's posts

Salary Cap Cuts?

There's no way they draft anywhere close to 12 players. I see 6 or maybe 7 at most. I expect they'll do a lot of manuvering on draft day, moving up in rounds and trading picks for picks in next years draft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

Salary Cap Cuts?

You cant predict who will be cut until you see what positions have been drafted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from reamer. Show reamer's posts

Salary Cap Cuts?

I'd like to see Kaczur cut. Green I feel we could trade for a pick (3rd? 4th?) and just eat the cap penalty. Hobbs is one of my favorite players, but with the influx of corners, he may not have a spot on this roster save for special teams, and I have a feeling that Maroney/Slater can tag-team pretty effectively in his absence.

Faulk is still ultra-productive, and Teddy provides leadership that we really need in the backerhood. I could go either way with Neal; he's a good player when healthy, but if we could find a suitable young replacement in the draft, then I'm all for it.

Not only do we get younger/faster/stronger/more productive, but we free up cap space for significant moves. Like, say, signing Peppers (though I'd prefer to have Taylor).