Salary Cap increased to 123 million

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Salary Cap increased to 123 million

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/28/report-salary-cap-is-123-million/related/

For those who like to calulate stuff like this and who the Pats can and can't afford

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Salary Cap increased to 123 million

I can't be sure what the actual availible cap space is for the Patriots I know for a fact they have 15 million more dollars to spend this year thnx to TB! I've heard so many different numbers before the donation by Brady that I can't be sure were they are cap wise! By my guess they are somewheres between 25 to 33 mil in cap space based upon the current 123mil dollar cap.Hopefully one of the guys who really know this stuff will clarify the actual dollar amount the Pats are at.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Resign WELKER for starters.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Has been reported that the actual number is $123.9 million Salary Cap and my resources show that the Patriots are $27,708,366 under the cap as of now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Has been reported that the actual number is $123.9 million Salary Cap and my resources show that the Patriots are $27,708,366 under the cap as of now.

Thnx TB12 I knew someone knew the actual number and that doesn't even count the possible cutting of a few million more off the roster,I thought I'ld read somewhere's that they could easily make it to 30 mil buy the time FA season starts! That would give BB all the money he needs too fix a couple of key spots like WR by signing WW and a field stretcher at the number 1 WR slot,maybe a safety with ballhawking skills,and a big DT 3 technique/2 gap type D-lineman to help The Fork with rushing up the middle,and of course a DB with some skills in covering in man to man situations,I think this would complete my wish list!!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Thnx TB12 I knew someone knew the actual number and that doesn't even count the possible cutting of a few million more off the roster,I thought I'ld read somewhere's that they could easily make it to 30 mil buy the time FA season starts! That would give BB all the money he needs too fix a couple of key spots like WR by signing WW and a field stretcher at the number 1 WR slot,maybe a safety with ballhawking skills,and a big DT 3 technique/2 gap type D-lineman to help The Fork with rushing up the middle,and of course a DB with some skills in covering in man to man situations,I think this would complete my wish list!!! 

That would probably complete most of our wish lists.  We could probably start saving for our SB tickets after this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

There seems to be some confusion about the actual cap number.  Places are reporting $123 mill, while others are reporting $123.9 mill.

Here is where I read $123.9 mill... per rotoworld

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport initially reported the cap would be $123 million flat, but ESPN's Chris Mortensen says after accounting for league revenues, it gets a $900,000 bump. It's not a major spike, but it gives teams a little more breathing room than we were expecting. It could be the difference in keeping a veteran or signing a free agent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

According to this piece, Pats have $24.988 million in cap space (among top 10 in league).

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

If that's accurate should provide them some flexibility in FA shopping.  I'm guessing their priorities will be Welker, Vollmer and Talib but ya nevah know with BB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

$25 million gives the Pats some nice flexibility, but keep in mind that top-level veteran free agents tend to come with cap hits of $4 to $8 million (or even more) so don't expect BB to go overboard in free agency. Re-signing Welker, Talib, and Vollmer (if BB decides to go that way) would likely eat up most of that amount leaving enough for maybe one more high-profile FA. Because of this, I expect BB to continue to look for more value guys since there are quite a few roster slots to fill this year.