Sam Bradford Stay at OU! Is Cassel stock rising?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Sam Bradford will be staying at OU for another season, how does this effect Matt Cassel stock? Sure seems like a big jump for any team that was looking to draft Bradford and needs a QB badly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I think that says a lot about what is importent to Bradford, every kid in college right now knows that after this year they are going to put a cap on rookie contracts so they are leaving college early to get a big contract and he would stand to gain the most by coming out this year and getting a 80 million dollar contract or something like that but he is not because he just wants to play ball he doesnt care what his rookie contract will look like and thats say it all for me.

But to answer yuour question yes I think this makes Cassel's stalk rise a bit, I have already heard rumors that teh Vikings might give up two 1st rounders to get Cassel if we tag him btu thats just a rumor I heard nothing to back it up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Good point Grogan, also with Tebow staying put, it mostly likely does raise Cassell's stock. Two Heisman finalists not in the draft and a proven young QB ( with little wear and tear on his body ) could lead to the perfect storm.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

m

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Sam is wise to stay in school. Too many kids come out early and are not prepared for the NFL. And it's good for him to finish his education. Besides, the 0-16 Lions have the first pick, and need a QB! I don't blame him for not wanting to go to Detroit! Maybe he couldn't get Archie to be his "agent"!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

d

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

It does nothing. Cassel is going to QB the Pats next season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Gary,

Logic dictactes that the Pats do keep Cassel. That very loud sound you do not hear is any kind of update or projection on Tom Brady's rehab and potential return date.

Why do you think that is?

That said, 29 million for two players puts the Pats in cap hell. I said this yesterday and was called an idiot for my trouble, but we may be looking at starting the season with Kevin O'Connel under center.

Oh,and incidentally, I haven't heard anyone with any credibility around here suggesting the Vikes give up two first rounders for Cassel. Maybe if Kevin McHale ran the Purple . . .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

f

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I read it in one of Mike Reise's storys i didnt hear it on here but like i said when i posted it it was just a rumor i didnt say it was anything more then a rumor.