Same Old Story ,What can we do to break the habbit !!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Same Old Story ,What Can We Do To Break The Habbit !!

As much as i love the team , every year the same old outcome , whether its the AFC championship game , divisonal round SB .

something is go to give , rusty will come and bash brady all day he had his miscues missing some passes and throwing a couple of errant ones over all he played a good game not his best but a good game where the OL was under pressure all day he was sacked twice in critical situations and hurried and hit while manning had all day .

The Issues that have to be fixed :

1. DE - Can we blitz at all 

2. OL  -A center is needed , wendel gets over powerd against the bigger DT .

Mankins - over paid and gets beat too much  ,can we contain a 3 man rush ??

3. solder whiffs a lot of tackles .

4. Blount is great against medicore and poor run defenses like the bills abd the colts ,

thats why all year we didnt use him.

5. ridley has an upside , and vereen is getting open a lot and runs well in the draw.

6. Amendola - shoud be gone take the cap hit and sign a FA WR or draft one .

7. Boyce Thompkins over hyped and over rated.

8. dobson has to stay healty .

9.TE - first or  second round in the draft has to be addressed , no production at all not sure if gronk can be healty all year .

10. DT - what can be said need to draft a stud , no more UDFA , 31 in rund defense say's it all.

11. LB - hightower needs to drop weight , collins may be the real deal , i would sign spikes to a friendly team offer.

12. CB - talib isnt worth the money dennard isn't a starting caliber CB , arrington has cost us more games than i can count needs to go move ryan to the slot , please BB sign a FA no more first round draft picks on CB.

13. SS/FS - gregory has to go cant cover cant tackle , DMC isnt worth an extension ,

adrian wilson washed up , tavon wilson second round bust again draft or FA .

14. need DC - patricia isnt just a BB puppet ,the defense is putrid .

15 . MCD - we need to bring a creative QB Coach that can call some plays , bombs on 3 and 3 to slater are mind blowing.

Biggest Needs .

1. DE - can we rush the passer does BB even blitz ??

2. CB - dennard and logan have potential but we need a stud CB not named talib .

3. SS - DMC might be a plug and play solution - gregory is a liability , draft one or get a FA , TJ ward night be a good fit.

4. OL - wendel too small to play center , volmer - can he be healty ??

5. WR - sign collie and edelman draft a Speedy tall WR , if we can trade for fitz i would do it .

6. TE - need to draft one and pray that gronk comes back healty.

7. GM - i like BB but he's draft picks of late have been marginal , not sold on hightower yet .

8. a read DC - wad phillips can help if BB can let his ego go .

thank you all and the pats to great year .

I hate the offseason and two more weeks of forhead talks. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Re: Same Old Story ,What can we do to break the habbit !!

The defense also gave 507 total yards , 

once the run game was not existent , the pats midget WR coudlnt get seperation 

not dobson , not amendola can we win games throwing fly routes to edelman or collie with no TE over the middle , we need a big TE and a tough slot WR to run over the middle ,

a Tall imposing WR would help strech the field and no boyce or thompkings arent the answer

not sure how long will brady carry this team , with no defensive help or offensive play makers , 2007 was the only year the pats went to take risks in FA and it paid off ,

but what the heck we can find another Adrian Wilson ,Jonathan Fanene , Visanthe Shiancoe .

The GM (name BB) has to wake up this offseason 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

There is only one issue that needs fixing. I've been exposing it for over half a decade.

Get a f'n GM that doesn't saddle Brady with bad FAs, busted draft picks and street scrubs and expect him to go win a SB with that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Enough with the " close but no cigar" play offs.  Though yeterday's game wasn't even close. Can't add anything to the list of needs.  Hope the powers that be in the Pats organization have reached their tipping point. Need talent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

The pats team overachieved for sure

but the guys gave their hearts and guts and it wasnt enough like the last few years

it's passing leauge out there yes blount had good games but how did denver beat us , 

by passing all over us , didnt we even touch manning , the 2001-2004 teams blitzed maning changed and diguised coverages , when bb STAYS IN ZONE , manning will curve us all day 

but it starts with personal on defense yes i would like a sherman type CB , or a earl thomas type of safety but guys like TJ ward , or Captain Munnerlyn,sam shields

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Patriots&Year=2014

Logan Mankins at 10M cap - too much money for an above average OL

Danny Amendola - 6.8 M - need to cut him 

Kyle Arrington -3.65m need to go 

isaac Sopoaga - 3.5 M gone

Steve Gregory -3.1 M needs to be cut

Tommy Kelly - 3M need to get younger gone 

Adrian Wilson -1.8M waste of money 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

In response to yakv's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Adrian Wilson is a freakin genius, how many people can make 1.8m for absolutely nothing!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Outrageous waste of money by BB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

When Will The OL step up , every time its the same 3 man rush or interior DL sacking brady

koppen/wendel small centers arent good enough we need a new center 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is only one issue that needs fixing. I've been exposing it for over half a decade.

Get a f'n GM that doesn't saddle Brady with bad FAs, busted draft picks and street scrubs and expect him to go win a SB with that.

[/QUOTE]

So when teh Patriots had Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola, Edelmann, + 3 rookie WRs + 3 young and good RBs  - you think they should have gone out and signed more offensive skill players?

This is what you are looking for in a GM?

The plan got destroyed by crime and injury.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Learn how to spell

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

can the DB stop anyone , since 2010 the DB core is just crap 

Brady will never win with this DB core 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Any other team would love to be 'saddled' with a GM that puts them in championship games year after year after year.

Look at the past ten years of ANY OTHER TEAM and you'll find a lot more problems than the Pats have. Prove me wrong or quiet down. Thanks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Any other team would love to be 'saddled' with a GM that puts them in championship games year after year after year.

Look at the past ten years of ANY OTHER TEAM and you'll find a lot more problems than the Pats have. Prove me wrong or quiet down. Thanks.

[/QUOTE]

Last time. Don't waste your breath replying to me. You're an idiot and on ignore.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

This year loss is on the team as one unit ,

the offense couldnt protect brady , running game not existent 

the defense helped the offense stay on the bench 

but giving manning 400+ yards and 120 QBR and over 70% 3 down conversion

is just not getting it 

the defense deserves much more criticism .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The problem is if you cut most of those guys you won't have any cap room to sign new players. Esp, since they cost more to cut then to keep. For example Amendola and Arrington you almost need to keep on the team. The good thing is they are better than the min wage JAGs you'd get to replace them because you can't afford anything else by letting them go

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Any other team would love to have a HoF QB and best all time coach that can coach up the garbage he's been handed. You take BB the coach and Brady the QB off this team and they are looking at a top 10 pick. It wasn't the GM it was the coach/QB combo that has lead to sucess

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The problem is if you cut most of those guys you won't have any cap room to sign new players. Esp, since they cost more to cut then to keep. For example Amendola and Arrington you almost need to keep on the team. The good thing is they are better than the min wage JAGs you'd get to replace them because you can't afford anything else by letting them go

[/QUOTE]

who the hell gave arrington this contract and uploaded it so all the dead money is on the pats , not to forget almost 8.5M of hernandez dead money i think brady should take Min wage to keep this team under the cap 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baffle. Show Baffle's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

True... but those losing teams got the opportunity to inject talent ontot he roster. Once proper coaching is inserted (See Seattle, San Fran) they can make their SB runs. We've had success year over year, but with that we lose shots at top talent year over year. So is it really better to be in it perenially but not have the talent to win it? It's just a question of philosophy, because we don't get to have both as we've seen. It's not in Belichik's DNA not to win.

Wait for the 49ers and Seahawks to have a few years of success, then watch their talent flow out just as ours did.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So when teh Patriots had Gronk, Hernandez, Amendola, Edelmann, + 3 rookie WRs + 3 young and good RBs  - you think they should have gone out and signed more offensive skill players?

[/QUOTE]

Oh my God thank you!  I've been searching for an honest and intelligent poster all morning. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

While I am stinging from the loss also, some of these threads are bordering on rediculous.  Jeez people, we've been in the championship game, what 8 times - 5 SBs - 3 wins.  Okay, so it's been awhile since we won a SB - I get that.  But - we're in the hunt nearly every single year!  What other team can say that?  Denver hasn't one a SB since the 90's.  Seattle's never won a SB.  Their fans are euphoric and should be.  If both of these teams "only" make the playoffs next year, will their fans be heading toward the bridges for a jump?

I know I'll be called an apologist - but what we've had since Kraft, BB, and TB strolled onto our Pats has been a decade-long slice of our team's history that will never be equalled.  And, in this day and age, won't be duplicated by anybody else's team.  Am I chaffed because we lost to PM and the Broncs?  Yes, but I'm not willing to scrap the whole thing because on one day in January we got beat by a better team.  We'll be contending for the playoffs again next year - as a "fan" that's all I can ask.

GO PATS!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

As much as i love the team , every year the same old outcome , whether its the AFC championship game , divisonal round SB .

something is go to give , rusty will come and bash brady all day he had his miscues missing some passes and throwing a couple of errant ones over all he played a good game not his best but a good game where the OL was under pressure all day he was sacked twice in critical situations and hurried and hit while manning had all day .

The Issues that have to be fixed :

1. DE - Can we blitz at all 

2. OL  -A center is needed , wendel gets over powerd against the bigger DT .

Mankins - over paid and gets beat too much  ,can we contain a 3 man rush ??

3. solder whiffs a lot of tackles .

4. Blount is great against medicore and poor run defenses like the bills abd the colts ,

thats why all year we didnt use him.

5. ridley has an upside , and vereen is getting open a lot and runs well in the draw.

6. Amendola - shoud be gone take the cap hit and sign a FA WR or draft one .

7. Boyce Thompkins over hyped and over rated.

8. dobson has to stay healty .

9.TE - first or  second round in the draft has to be addressed , no production at all not sure if gronk can be healty all year .

10. DT - what can be said need to draft a stud , no more UDFA , 31 in rund defense say's it all.

11. LB - hightower needs to drop weight , collins may be the real deal , i would sign spikes to a friendly team offer.

12. CB - talib isnt worth the money dennard isn't a starting caliber CB , arrington has cost us more games than i can count needs to go move ryan to the slot , please BB sign a FA no more first round draft picks on CB.

13. SS/FS - gregory has to go cant cover cant tackle , DMC isnt worth an extension ,

adrian wilson washed up , tavon wilson second round bust again draft or FA .

14. need DC - patricia isnt just a BB puppet ,the defense is putrid .

15 . MCD - we need to bring a creative QB Coach that can call some plays , bombs on 3 and 3 to slater are mind blowing.

Biggest Needs .

1. DE - can we rush the passer does BB even blitz ??

2. CB - dennard and logan have potential but we need a stud CB not named talib .

3. SS - DMC might be a plug and play solution - gregory is a liability , draft one or get a FA , TJ ward night be a good fit.

4. OL - wendel too small to play center , volmer - can he be healty ??

5. WR - sign collie and edelman draft a Speedy tall WR , if we can trade for fitz i would do it .

6. TE - need to draft one and pray that gronk comes back healty.

7. GM - i like BB but he's draft picks of late have been marginal , not sold on hightower yet .

8. a read DC - wad phillips can help if BB can let his ego go .

thank you all and the pats to great year .

I hate the offseason and two more weeks of forhead talks. 

[/QUOTE]

wiTH all THIS YOU WERE BOUND TO GET something RIGHT. But there are things you say that are just crazy wrong. FOr example, while Mankins killed us on that 4th down sack of TB he was great all year. Fantasy football fans dont get that even THE BEST players have bad plays and even bad games. And there are other points you are very mistaken about too.

If one reads what you say HERE it would be clear that this years Pats team should ahve won no more tha 8 games and with the injuries should have won maybe 5. But they were 12-4, and won a playoff game against a team with one of the top 5 QBs in the league.

There are CLEARLY problems to fix. But you have no clue... its just FIX IT ALL... as if this team is... just not a good team... Try rooting for CLeveland...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh my God thank you!  I've been searching for an honest and intelligent poster all morning. 

[/QUOTE]

The only thing wrong with this post is that you leave out Bolden who is a sound, quality player especially for a 3rd RB option - let alone a 4th.

25. This post has been removed.