Sammy Morris - Fantasy Angle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

Sammy Morris - Fantasy Angle

I've got a fantasy draft coming up, but I wanted to see what you all thought. I've seen that a lot of websites are ranking Sammy Morris really low which I can only assume is due to the crowded backfield in New England. After last season's performance and what he was able to due in 2007 after he finally earned some substantial time I have to think that he could emerge as the featured back.

I'm not saying that he will be among the leagues elite, but I think he could get a very quiet 1000/10. Taylor will get pulled at the goal line and Morris will probably get enough carries to tally 1000 yards. Too high? I have a Top 10 list of fantasy projections I recently posted on my blog (link in signature), but I wanted to double check this one with my fellow Pats fans here.

Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Re: Sammy Morris - Fantasy Angle

i think 1000 yds is to high for any Patriot running back for the reasons you already mentioned... he could get 8-10 TD's though I agree

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

What type of league is it? and what kind of line up do you have. I think thats what you have to consider. TD league i would consider it, otherwise i would go with a non patriots back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

You already have a draft?  Wow - somebody can't wait for Football!

With the depth in the backfield I really see him towards the bottom of most scenarios.  All these guys can play well and Fred Taylor may be that short yardage guy this year.  I think 400-600 is a reasonable yardage range but he could potentially end up with 5/6 TD's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

Yeah I am in a keeper league where we start the draft on July 1st.  1 owner drafts ever 12 hours so 8 round end sometime in early August. It's an archaic (thats not spelled right at all) draft system, but it's how we did it when the league started and it's got its pros... like getting us into football season quicker.

Seems like my 1000 mark may be on the high side of things, but I would be shocked if Fred Taylor turned out to be the short yardage guy. If anything I have to think Morris will handle those duties and they'll let Taylor run between the 20s. That would cut into each of their fantasy value significantly, but in this league I would want the TDs..... no question.