Sanchez and Jets Offense in First Half/Gameplan Talk (No Trolls, Please)

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Sanchez and Jets Offense in First Half/Gameplan Talk (No Trolls, Please)

You have to put them down early. If you let them stick around coming out of the half they are a very dangerous team. But, when they are put into a hole early Sanchez gets nervous and forces to many plays and the D tries to make to create big plays which frees up space for our O to work and grind out a win.

If we can get up by 2+ scores before the half and the D can cause a 3 and out on the first possession after the half then they will fold. But, if the D gives up a long drive right before the end of the half which puts the Jets within a score or ahead and then they drive and score on their first possession following the half they will come back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Sanchez and Jets Offense in First Half/Gameplan Talk (No Trolls, Please):
    [QUOTE] Well Crusty the Pats have to run the ball atleast 30 times to win if not thats the season. I cant see how BB,Obrein,and Brady dont but at this point I am ready for anything.
    Posted by Mybologna[/QUOTE]

that's Pats are 56-1 in the Brady era when they run more then 50% of the snaps so there is some truth to this

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The Jets offense is one of the slowest starting O's in the league.  If the Pats can get a lead early forcing the Jets to play catchup they can be blown out (see 45-3 last year although I'd be surprised to see a result like that again).

Stop the run and take away the play action and Sanchez is much more ordinary.  Lock down Keller on 3rd down and force him to go through his progressions which can result in screwing up his mechanics and accuracy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Run the ball until the Jets prove they can stop it.  Pressure Sanchez and don't give him time to think.  It's time to establish an offensive identity and take some chances on defense.  They're (Pats) thin in the d-backfield, they need to do something to take the pressure off their CB's and safeties to hold coverage for more than 4 seconds.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to Re: Sanchez and Jets Offense in First Half/Gameplan Talk (No Trolls, Please):
    [QUOTE]From now on, only the parts of games that Rusty Pinkhat wants to count, will count.  For example, the last 1 1/2 minutes of the Patriots games will not count toward the final score.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

But then neither does claiming you're going to win the SB year after year then not even making there

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sanchez and Jets Offense in First Half/Gameplan Talk (No Trolls, Please) : that's Pats are 56-1 in the Brady era when they run more then 50% of the snaps so there is some truth to this
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

You know what I'd like to see. A stat on the success of the running game when Brady is under center vs shotgun. It's well known that he doesn't like being under center but I believe the running game works better that way. What I don't want to see is the play being telegraphed by where he takes the snap.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Agreed on run the ball.
    Also, stop the Jets run.  Is Greene playing?

Crack down on Keller and that seam route.

Cover the screen, and get the 40 yard jump balls that Sanchez throws 10-15 times a game.

So stop the run and stop the 3 passes that Sanchez can actually throw.

We win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Irrespective how, I think it's important that the Pats score early and often.  The ground game will be vital in this regard.  The Pats D is beginning to show signs of life and making Sanchez one dimensional tilts the game in the Pats favor. 

My humble 2 cents.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In the first game we played against them this year we did a good job of running. One of the keys is that the Jets have different personnel that they shuffle in depending on whether or not they consider it a run or pass down. The Pats did an excellent job using their No huddle to keep the Jets Run defenders off the field and then smacked the ball down their throats and controlled ball.

On Defense we were able to pressure Sanchez by just sending 4 guys. The Jets offensive line looks no better to me now than they did a month ago. Send 4 and blitz a 5th sporadically but put a little pressure on Sanchez and this guy is guaranteed to make mistakes. If the Jets have to go 80 yards on any given drive it's almost a guarantee that Sanchez will make at least one unadvised throw.
    Play Up tight on their wides and TE so as to take away those little 5 yard slants. If you take that away from Sanchez he has very little game left.

That's what I hope to see anyway.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Agree with Rerun.

No huddle hurry up offense like they did with Miami will break down their defense.  At least for the first half.

The most important thing is for the Pats to play 4 full quarters of football, as the Jets miraculously climb back in every game.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I'm sorry but we have little chance to win this game. It pains me to say that, but unless we do something drastically different on offense we can't win.

Our D will probably play mediocre to slightly above average as they have for the past few games, but we will probably need to score 24 points to win this game in a hostile environment against a team playing their regular season Super Bowl.

We might lose 3 in a row if we chuck the ball into heavy coverage 48 more times. I gotta go, I'm gonna be sick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sorry but we have little chance to win this game. It pains me to say that, but unless we do something drastically different on offense we can't win. Our D will probably play mediocre to slightly above average as they have for the past few games, but we will probably need to score 24 points to win this game in a hostile environment against a team playing their regular season Super Bowl. We might lose 3 in a row if we chuck the ball into heavy coverage 48 more times. I gotta go, I'm gonna be sick.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Is 12:18 pm too early for a Jameson?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

I agree with being committed to the run.

Because the Jets do indeed historically start slow, I'd roll the dice by giving them the ball to start the game.  If we can stop them, we'll gain some defensive momentum/confidence, and if we get lucky it would be great to get the last possession of the first half to complement having first posession of the 2nd half. 

If I'm Rex Ryan I'm letting Sanchez loose against us - especially in the beginning of the game.  He knows that we know that Sanchez lives & dies by those short slant/seam patterns.  I'd bet my house that he's gonna take a few five step drop to start the game and throw deep to Holmes to loosen us up.

I think what's extra important for us to do not only to the Jets but to send a message to the rest of the league, we need to get opposing defenses out of their press man coverage.  Soid protection for Brady, a few converted deep passes and perhaps some crafty screens will help achieve this. 

Stadium is going to be obnoxiously loud.  We need to be very disciplined and avoid false starts and dumb penalties.  

In short:
    -Establish the run game and stay committed to it.
    -Defense must stuff their run while being on their toes for a lot of play action deep routs
    -Get up by 10 points quick so we can distate the flow of the game
    -Be disciplined.   

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sanchez and Jets Offense in First Half/Gameplan Talk (No Trolls, Please) : That's right. And that's because their D Line is weak against the run this year, and they don't have a natural pass rush against us, UNLESS we use a shotgun spread with an empty backfield. This is why when you see Devito shuffling in and out, Wilkerson disappearing as a poor run defender and weak 1st rd pick for NY learning the 3-4, their Run D isn't very good.  DeVito was out on Sunday, but he'll play  this week. They did a nice job on Sunday, but they wouldn't have done well if Buffalo wasn't busy turning it over left and right.  He's one guy they lean on.  Kenrick Ellis is supposed to help them, but he's done nothing this year as a possible bust. They're set up to play mostly man, scheme with stunts and blitzes. They're not very good agaisnt the run, which is why you simply have to keep running it on them. Dallas did it, Oakland did it, SD did it, we did it, Balitmore did it, etc. Buffalo got behind due to hilarious missteps, and then stopped running it to try to catch up. They'd sub in Jackson, NY would play the run. We just have to avoid subbing the RBs.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

That was a tough game to watch and I was screaming for heavy doses of Jackson.. That guy is true money and they went away form him. If I was a Buffalo fan I would have wanted to hand him the football about 30 times that game.

25. This post has been removed.