Sanchez to Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Sanchez to Jets

Sanchez to the jets for just a second round pick and a few scrubs. Mangina will be out of Cleveland 2010

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Re: Sanchez to Jets

they also got the jets 17th

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Good trade for the Jets, whether Sanchez pans out or not. They had to get a QB.

But, before you ride too hard on Mangini, keep in mind what it would cost in money and cap space if Mangini had stayed at that 5th pick. Also...think how much Sanchez is going to cost the Jets.

Of the 3 QBs, I like Josh Freeman the best...due to his pro-size and arm. But, Sanchez is the most game ready...even though hes' only played one season. This kid has parlayed his great Rose Bowl perfomance into millions of dollars. He did a great job of selling himself. Congratulations to him.

That said, of course, I cannot wish him well...LOL!! I question whether he'll ever develop into a franchise QB. But, time will tell.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE] they also got the jets 17th
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE] Obviously they get the 17th, but it looks like Cleveland must have Cap problems also. Why else would they take so little from the Jets

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Because there isn't any talent in the top of the draft that is worth the money it will command.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankdawop. Show frankdawop's posts

Is Sanchez's nickname "Dirty"?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Sanchez is by far the best QB in the draft. The Jets should start him right away. With all the young Olineman acquired recently it's a no-brainer.

I watched most of the SC games and this kid has 'it'. We'll see, but, the Jets just upgraded bigtime.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I believe Mel said he would be a bust today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Sanchez is probably the biggest crapshoot in the draft.

What does it tell you that his own coach was vehement in his assertion that Sanchez isn't ready for the next level. Now, you can say that that is merely sour grapes on Carroll's part because he wanted Sanchez for another season, but the reality is that there is very little reliable tape on this guy. He played 16 games against largely overmatched competition and was effective, if not spectacular. There is absolutely no way too know how he is going to respond to the intensified pressure and learning curve of the NFL game. Of course, you can say that about any player, but this kid zoomed up draft boards on the strength of a pro day workout that was tailored to his strengths. The bright side for Sanchez is that Green New Jersey doesn't s*ck anywhere near as bad as the Lions, for instance. The bad news is he won't be facing Washington State and Stanford anymore.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I wonder how much they actually liked this kid, and how much they wanted to appease the fans with a name. Clearly, Ryan wants to win games with defense, like he did in Baltimore. The Ravens won a SB with Trent Dilfer, and those 34 points were due to the G-men turning the ball over repeatedly. If Sanchez can play smart he won't have to be a star. Although coming from SC and going to NY might swell his head a bit. Still, now they're invested in him, and I hope he turns out to be another Joey Harrington! But it's nice they traded away their entire first day for him! This kid will have a rude awakening if he starts and they start losing. They loved him in L.A., but NY is a different story. Those jerks would throw beer bottles at their own mothers if she had a bad game!!! I seriously doubt Sanchez makes them a contender in the division! Whoever suggested that must have been smoking some "New Jersey Green"! Well, he (and I'm sure his agent) built the hype, now he's got to live up to it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Worst QB draft in a while.

Stafford = Alex Smith
    Sanchez = Matt Leinhart
    Freeman = Jason Campbell (if they keep him from throwing a lot)

I am so glad that the Jets made the single worst selection in the draft. Smells like desperation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

not to mention they gave up to much for him.i like it how some of these sports reporters are saying.the jets just closed the gap in the afc east by getting sanchez.get real.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Moss man,

They said the same thing about Brett Farve last season. I said adding Favre made them a .500 team.

Sanchez will struggle mightily unless they keep him onna very short leash.