Sanchez Will Be A Bust.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Sanchez Will Be A Bust.....

I can't understand why everyone is convinced this guy will be a stud.  He had a hurt  knee last year, played well but not in every game, just watch the Oregon State, Arizona State, and Arizona Game, when Sanchez looked average.  Plus he had one of the best defenses in college football history, so there was never any pressure on him to win the game.   These draft experts crack him up they hype up Sanchez as almost can't miss but didn't they do the same to (David Carr, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, Byron Leftwich, Cade McNown, Alex Smith, JP Lousman, Patrick Ramsey, Ryan Leaf.)   Three years from now, Sanchez will be a costly busts and a kid like Chad Henne will be a solid starter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Sanchez Will Be A Bust.....

I tend to look at the situation a player inherits when he is drafted. Stafford has Calvin Johnson and running game. Now lets compare what Dimitroff did for Ryan to what the Jets have in store for Sanchez. The Falcons picked up Michael Turner (better than Jones) this year and already had a #1 receiver in Roddy White(no Coles). They traded to get Gonzalez and acquired Sam Baker. All of these moves will help Ryan become an even better QB. The Jets might have a better O Line, but they are getting up there in age. The RB situation is comparable (Jones and Washington versus Turner and Norwood). Coles is gone so the Jets receiving core has to step up for Sachez to be successful. There is one minor problem. Ryan was a better QB coming out than Sanchez. Sanchez will be cast as the immediate saviour for the Jets and the expectations will be enormous. Much as it pains me to say this it is obviously to early to label Sanchez as big a bust as Leaf or Smith or whoever. I do think the Jets gave up alot to get him and one eye will always be on the players and picks they gave up to get him. The Jests acquired FAVRE who had far more experience than anyone on the 08 roster at QB, and Sanchez has only what, 16 collegiate starts and was aided by one of the best college Defenses in the last ten years. The bust potential exists because the Jets brass put alot of chips on one player and if they fail make the playoffs over the next three years than Sanchez will be percieved as a bust. To succeed in the NFL you have to acquire quality personel at ALL positions. The Jets may have made the biggest splash in 2009 draft, but that is no guarantee of future success.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snoopcogg. Show snoopcogg's posts

I agree he will be a bust.  There is a long history of QB's being taken in the first round that over time fail.  Like Duncan stated, "David Carr, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller, Byron Leftwich, Cade McNown, Alex Smith, JP Lousman, Patrick Ramsey, Ryan Leaf." all average or out of the league.

The Jets are trying too hard to compete with the Pats... its never going to happen.  Mangini has crippled the franchise with all of the free agent signing he made last year.  In two years they will be in cap trouble and Sanchez will be throwing the ball to himself.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

All the hype about Sanchez can be given to the fact that the Jets drafted him.  I won't pretend to know everything about this kid, but the last USC QB Matt Lienhart was less than impressive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The Jets should have signed Warner LOL !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]The Jests acquired FAVRE who had far more experience than anyone on the 08 roster at QB, and Sanchez has only what, 16 collegiate starts and was aided by one of the best college Defenses in the last ten years.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Point. Smile

Let's not forget, most of these young men are doing the same thing that any job applicant does- trying to create a positive perception.  Of course, most of the time, these are not in line with the situations at hand.  Otherwise, almost everyone in the first round would be a star.  (BB was not even intrigued to use a 1st round pick this year.)  Regardless, they all get their money, yeah?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

What about Cassel?

None of you know how good or bad this guy will be.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]I tend to look at the situation a player inherits when he is drafted. Stafford has Calvin Johnson and running game. Now lets compare what Dimitroff did for Ryan to what the Jets have in store for Sanchez. The Falcons picked up Michael Turner (better than Jones) this year and already had a #1 receiver in Roddy White(no Coles). They traded to get Gonzalez and acquired Sam Baker. All of these moves will help Ryan become an even better QB. The Jets might have a better O Line, but they are getting up there in age. The RB situation is comparable (Jones and Washington versus Turner and Norwood). Coles is gone so the Jets receiving core has to step up for Sachez to be successful. There is one minor problem. Ryan was a better QB coming out than Sanchez. Sanchez will be cast as the immediate saviour for the Jets and the expectations will be enormous. Much as it pains me to say this it is obviously to early to label Sanchez as big a bust as Leaf or Smith or whoever. I do think the Jets gave up alot to get him and one eye will always be on the players and picks they gave up to get him. The Jests acquired FAVRE who had far more experience than anyone on the 08 roster at QB, and Sanchez has only what, 16 collegiate starts and was aided by one of the best college Defenses in the last ten years. The bust potential exists because the Jets brass put alot of chips on one player and if they fail make the playoffs over the next three years than Sanchez will be percieved as a bust. To succeed in the NFL you have to acquire quality personel at ALL positions. The Jets may have made the biggest splash in 2009 draft, but that is no guarantee of future success.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

They gave up a mid-round one and a late second rounder, plus 3 expendable non starters (2 of whom probably would not have made their roster). Why did Mangini accept so little compensation for Sanchez?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

True enough, we are all merely conjecturing and have little to go on as to how Sanchez might progress in the NFL, but when I think of Sanchez's potential, I do not look at a tailor-made pro day at USC where everything was designed to make him look good and vaulted his draft status far above where it had been to that point. I look at the fact that he could not unseat a guy at USC (John David Bootay) who is an afterthought on a team in Minnesota that has no legitimate starting quarterback.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Celts better pick it up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Brett Ratliff win win the QB job and lead the once hapless Brownies to the playoffs. Why can't the Jets get a QB like that?.....roflmao.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

the jets are only able to excite their fans during the offseason. thats the only time losers like leon have anything to crow about. they cant figure out how to build a team or a coaching staff, so instead they try to distract their fans by doing things like last year signing an over the hill QB and drafting a workout warrior who can't play, to mortgaging their future this year on an unproven QB. meanwhile the patriots tend to have "unsexy" drafts and mostly sign mid level free agents, and we the fans get the benefit of having exciting seasons rather than exciting off seasons.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcuff-uk. Show jcuff-uk's posts

I think Sanchez will be a better pro than Stafford but hope he's a bust

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I think Sanchez would really bloom in Denver under great tutelage, with a year or two to develop. 

Unfortunately for him he's with the New York Jets.  His brand new coach has zero experience calling an offense and, as a defensive coach, can only teach Sanchez how to avoid certain blitzes.  Nor is there a great quarterback on the roster to teach the kid.  Sanchez only started in 16 games in all of college, a real rookie who needs to sit, but he now needs to prepare for the much faster pro game in only 4 months.  His partners, the two main running backs, don't want to show up for practicing handoffs.  Finally, he's in a tough division with the New England Patriots the favorite to go to the Super Bowl, plus 11-5 Miami and 7-9 Buffalo.  The other two divisions, the AFC South and NFC South, were collectively 12 games over .500 and 16 games over .500 last year, so Sanchez can't expect to face too many bunnies this year.

Hey, how far do you think the copyrighted term "swagger-licious" is going to carry the team?  Nice 'tude, but where's the offensive coaching to back it up?  The Lions can have swagger too, you know.