Sanders signed offer sheet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Sanders signed offer sheet

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to artielang's comment:

Sanders never crossed my mind as a possible patriot until today, and I didn't know much about him. But it sounds like he's a very fast and quick (two different traits), is a precise route runner (which I think is critical for playing in this offense and the lack there of has been the downfall of most of our WR busts), and was the steelers best blocking WR. That all sounds exciting to me. Don't love losing a 3rd round pick in a draft that we are already light on picks, but a proven talent who is potentially on the verge of breaking out vs. a crap shoot in the 3rd round sounds good. This move has to be considered another piece of the welker saga. And another aspect that helps ease the pain (and grease the skids for Lloyd's exit).

Fabulous move by BB! Sanders has the talent to be the second coming of Deion Branch. This kid is fast (4.4 speed), quick, tough, and versatile. He can play in the slot or outside. The Steelers are so strapped by the cap, it's doubtful that they'll be able to match the Pats' offer. So...the Pats have to give up the 91st overall pick. Big deal! Unlike the 91st overall selection in the draft, Sanders is a proven commodity, with upside.  

BB never forgets. The last time the Pats played the Steelers was in Week 8 of the 2011 season. Pittsburgh dominated that game, beating the Pats, 25-17. In that game, Sanders burnt the Pats' secondary, finishing with 5 catches for 70 yards:  http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311030023 

Totally agree, Branch is the first person that came to mind when I think of Sanders and I remember that Steeler's game well - Sanders smoked McCourty on a fade during that game if I remember.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Below is a link stating that Sanders hasn't yet signed an offer sheet:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/16/not-so-fast-on-emmanuel-sanders-to-new-england/

"According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, there’s a good reason for that: Sanders hasn’t actually signed an offer sheet with the Patriots.The Patriots are still considering whether to make an offer to Sanders, which would require them to give the Steelers their third-round draft pick if they didn’t match the offer and allowed Sanders to go."

"Right now, the Patriots are still considering whether they want to give up a third-round pick for Sanders."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

OK, so we're in wait and see mode.  Got it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I was having trouble imagining BB giving up a 3rd for Sanders.  (Remember, he only gave up a 4th for Moss.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I was having trouble imagining BB giving up a 3rd for Sanders.  (Remember, he only gave up a 4th for Moss.)

But he did give up a 2nd and a 7th for Welker, IIRC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/16/not-so-fast-on-emmanuel-sanders-to-new-england/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

But he did give up a 2nd and a 7th for Welker, IIRC.

That's true . . . but then had a pretty lame 2007 draft.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I imagine this waiting period has more to do with us trying reduce Lloyd's salary, rather than worrying if SAnders warrants a third round selection. Either that or when they met with Sanders and tried to gauge his football intelligence, they didn't like his responses to some of the questions they like to throw at people. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

It could also mean that they are trying to work out a trade with pittsburg, which was what ultimately what ended up happening with welker and Miami back then. If we do end up signing him, then he is our 3rd round pick and talib (if we keep him) is our 4th round pick. That's a pretty good haul for the middle of the draft. The later rounds are bad with our 5th and 6th being haynesworth and ochostinko. But I would feel better about spending a 3rd on this guy than gamble with BB's recent history of selecting and developing wideouts through the draft. Although I could still see them picking a big bodied WR in round 1 or 2 if one fell that they like.

by the way, he also is a punt returner which adds to his value. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

according to bedard and curran, the pats are delaying the offer sheet until pitt signs another player or two (which they clearly have to) so that they really cant match our offer. and we wouldnt even have to front load the contract. sounds good.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to artielang's comment:

It could also mean that they are trying to work out a trade with pittsburg, which was what ultimately what ended up happening with welker and Miami back then. If we do end up signing him, then he is our 3rd round pick and talib (if we keep him) is our 4th round pick. That's a pretty good haul for the middle of the draft. The later rounds are bad with our 5th and 6th being haynesworth and ochostinko. But I would feel better about spending a 3rd on this guy than gamble with BB's recent history of selecting and developing wideouts through the draft. Although I could still see them picking a big bodied WR in round 1 or 2 if one fell that they like.

by the way, he also is a punt returner which adds to his value. 

Receivers are nice. BUT...it's time to start turning attentions to that weak secondary! Can't understand the Wilson signing. He was once a great player. But, he turns 34 in the fall, and was being phased out of the Arizona defense last year. Terrible signing...when 28 year old enforcer Bernard Pollard, who led the Ravens in tackles last season, is available.

But, I digress. Sign Sanders to an offer sheet, and part with the 91st overall pick! Sanders is 25, and a proven commodity! Check out the last two WR third selections that the Pats have made...Taylor Price in 2010 (90th overall selection), and Brandon Tate in 2009 (83rd overall selection). YUCK!!!! 

The decision lies in how much of a pay cut Brandon LLoyd is willing to take. But, regardless of what the Pats decide with Lloyd, they should still sign Sanders.     

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

In response to Asher77's comment:

What the $&#@ does misgynistic mean? If i don't know can i be it? maybe by not knowing i cant be it? 

By Rusty referencing a pink hat? Is that Misgynistic? What if we make the color hat white?

Rusty, please note that you are being misgynistic in your use of the womanly color pink ( think i was just misgynistic, damn ). 

Please refer to these fans ( excluding those 19 and under as referenced in a prior post ) that are not pre brady as WHITE hats. 

No bad intentions to the old people ( sry elderly ) in the use of WHITE hat. Any perceived connection is non intentional. 

misogynisic literally means "woman hating" asher.

in general, wehn derogatory remarks are made toward women in reference to their gender, or for that matter, derogatory remarks made of men, that use the term "woman" or girl to make the "slur" or disparagement, that is being misogynistic. because teh culture teaches it from early on it is invisible, unless you happen to be a woman, you may notice it. liek any oppression, it is like going into a parking lot where the teet are going away from you if you are not the person/group being oppressed, but if you are, the teeth are facing you and will harm you.

by the way thanks for asking. 

we dont choose to be this way originally, its waht we are taught from birth, its lie kbeing dipped in a bucket of paint; we come out with racism or sexism, etc when dipped in the bucket of said. but it is our choice, or our repsonsibility (and cna only be ours) what we do with this "paint" on us now.

cheers

Please add to this that a person who learns to be introspective and truthful to themselves, and to see the world through objective eyes becomes capable of seeing the hypocracy, bigotry etc in both themselves and others when it exists and so can make themselves better people. From a religious point of view it is a little bit like a person being able to see themselves sinners and so try to become a better person. It is more difficult than that though because in todays world it is easier to get moral and cultural support religiously than for shortcomings morally - meaning you are more likely to get support for one and perhaps get rediculed for the other (as being too "soft" or as being too "liberal" or being too "anti - patriotic" etc...)