Sanders starting to play like a real safety should!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Sanders starting to play like a real safety should!

James Sanders is starting to play like a real safety ala Rodney or Ronnie Lott! I think he finally gets it! Could be a battle at safety next year between Sanders and Chung as to who is the biggest hitter. Here's a quote from today's Globe article:

Sanders drew an unnecessary roughness penalty on the play, and the fine came because, according to the source, “he unnecessarily struck a defenseless receiver.”
    This the second player Sanders had knocked out in two weeks. In Week 16, Sanders blasted Jaguars tight end Mercedes Lewis, who left the game with a head injury and stayed side-lined.
    “Those are the kind of hits that, as a coach, you like your guys in the secondary to give,” Belichick said. “Make those receivers and tight ends or whoever it is catching the ball feel those hits coming inside, and make them a little more hesitant. You don’t want those receivers feeling real comfortable coming across the middle. You want them to have that respect for getting knocked around, and James brings that.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Re: Sanders starting to play like a real safety should!

I too have noticed that Sanders has played much better since getting back into the rotation at safety.  I can't remember McGowan making many plays in the past month or so, and Sanders has come on pretty strong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Sanders is crushing people, it's playoff time.  Love it...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

Did he play in the 4th qtr last week?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Let's hope he plays really well in the playoffs. If you look at the good teams in the past few years, they are just not as good without their star safety - Bob Sanders, Polamalu, Rodney.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Overall pretty happy with Sanders since he's been in the lineup. Going forward if Chung can take it to the next level they'll be set at safety with Meriweather, Sanders, Chung, and McGowan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

I was the first to call this guy out in years past. I really wanted us to let him walk in the offseason an low and behold contract ext. I have to say now. crow eaten His tackle for a loss vs the Jags was outstanding. I just knew Jones-Drew was breaking free. He took on ST with a mission when he was reduced to that role. Now he looks like hes trying to make it count.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Yeah, he must have heard you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Clearly he's channeling Rick Sanford.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

ohyes

Don't feel bad, Sanders wasn't playing well at all to start the season, he wasn't tackling or much of anything else for that matter.  I think sitting on the bench watching Mcgowan and Chung take his PT has lit a fire in him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Let's hope that fire blazes up this month! He's definitely taken it to another level after being benched. He'll need that intensity to square off against guys like Tomlinson, Gates, and possibly Dallas Clark. The thing that worries me the most is their inability to keep that fire for a full 60 minutes. The teams on the docket after the Ravens will require them to go all out late in the game. But even Rodney said he thought Sanders could be special. Let's hope he can lead by example as well!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Bub I would give my pinky finger to see either Meriwether, Sanders, Chung or McgOWan lay the lumber on Dallas Clark, nobody has put him in his place since Rodney was here and he has burned us repeatedly.  Somebody needs to land a crushing hit on him...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I'm the biggest fan of Sanders, and always have been since 5 minutes ago.