Santonio Holmes and Tamba Hali to PATS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Santonio Holmes and Tamba Hali to PATS?

Hali, sure.  Holmes, no way.  Holmes is overrated and wifebeater.  Not a fit at all.

I'd have to look at some other FA WR options, but I don't see Chad Johnson or Holmes as fits here at all.

LaMarr Woodley or Hali would be good targets, but I would avoid overpaying. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crabcakesandfootball. Show Crabcakesandfootball's posts

Santonio Holmes, never.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Barak Obama to Pats?? Just passing my 2 cents to this 'impressive' post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I'll take Hali. Holmes would never be accepted here. Mira Kraft has a say when it comes to off-field matters and she's not tolerable of people that are involved with domestic violence. I was shocked when they brought Quinn Ojinaka on board, actually.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Holmes? Really?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

I would definitly Bring in Tamba, he has the size and speed to be a BB type of linebacker, Actually seeing Tamba Mentor Cunningham would be great.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Santonio Holmes and Tamba Hali to PATS?:
    [QUOTE]Here we go again.  A real fan would never say, "let's get this guy..."
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]
    There are many who see a name and immediately want them for the team without thinking about the fit into the team.  Too many knee jerk reactions versus thinking it out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No thank you!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Santonio Holmes and Tamba Hali to PATS? : There are many who see a name and immediately want them for the team without thinking about the fit into the team.  Too many knee jerk reactions versus thinking it out.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

The thing is Tamba already plays in a 3-4 so that would be a benefit to him if he comes here, plus he would help in an area we desperatly need help.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

I think Holmes would be a good addition, paired with the rest of the Pats WR talent and catching balls from TB.  Would save a draft pick for other needs.  And he would probably be relatively cheap.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I got a good feeling that both those guys will get resigned by their current teams

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Hali - Where do I sign?
    Holmes - There's the door.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Hali would be perfect in BB's style defense, why? Simple, Tamba had 14.5 sacks in BB's defense. We all forget that Crennel is the DC in KC. 

Holmes has no manos. You need hands if you want to be a Patriot WR. I'd much rather see what Taylor Price can do. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

Why not get Cromarti and Holmes that would work great, and lets bring in Vince Young to back up TB, we could use some distractions in the locker room this year.
    C'mon Man!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]Why not get Cromarti and Holmes that would work great, and lets bring in Vince Young to back up TB, we could use some distractions in the locker room this year. C'mon Man!
    Posted by Wildwillis[/QUOTE]

you forgot Tomlinson, TO, Haynesworth and Ocho.

oh...and the most important of them all - Adalius Thomas !

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldnt overpay for Hali but Woodly I would give a big pay day to as he is the perfect OLB for the 3-4. As for Holmes my money would be on him staying with the Jets.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Ok, looks like the consensus is "no go" on Holmes. Too much junk in the trunk. However, the Pats are not the PC team as it once was on taking "problem" players.

But, Hali as MVPkilla4life states, he is a "perfect" fit for the 3-4. It's a matter how much he wants. The guy is a YOUNG stud.

Then with the first pick take Tyron Smith OL...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

ohhhh please, again i must bring some strong vodka for these weak kool-aiders! no to holmes, was moss not FAR worse before he got to foxboro.. yep by 2008, how many were loosening their panties from its bunches? holmes was a model citizen all year on a very dysfunctional team. unlike moss, no one has ever questioned his on-the-field work ethic and edge. he plays with an edge that our team seriously lacks esp during the playoffs. branch comes close but at this stage holmes wins out on the talent front!branch as your third receiver, now you have something! if price is fair, bel should do it in a heartbeat..

as an  aside, guess in the afc finals, the better ra-pist won, eh? funny how no one brings up how sanchez was accused in the same way as big ben of rape in college! character, what character? he went in first to the jests! are their fans regretting it? no! after ben gets his third ring would any one be crying in pitt? no! well, perhaps just the girls he may have forcibly taken over in a stall or two...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Santonio Holmes and Tamba Hali to PATS? : Dude you need to chill on the vodka because you're showing your buzz. Judging how Moss was jettisoned after week four I think it's safe to say the Pats learned their lesson and are not in the mode of rehabilitating players anymore. He's bad news and NO NO NO!
    Posted by Prophet76[/QUOTE]

I think it's a Bong, not Bottle...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

It's scarey how good the Pats could be if they signed Hali and Woodley as FAs, and actually used their first six picks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I think it's a Bong, not Bottle...

Hitting the bong won't make you that dumb, it must have been a crack pipe! Probably drinking the vodka, too...the cheap rotgut stuff, at that! I'd also like to know how Moss was "worse" than Holmes! As far as I know Randy doesn't beat up on women. The thing in FL was shown to be a hoax. Holmes has the "me" attitude, and I'm sure he's not willing to accept short money. Hali could be a good fit, but I think KC may just want to keep him. Until the CBA is ironed out I wouldn't expect to see any major signings in NE, and likely very few across the league. They don't really need much, and I'm hoping they'll possibly trade up to snag a decent DE or OLB in the first. But as far as Holmes goes I would not want him on the Patriots. He doesn't talk and act like our guys do, plus there's his off-field issues.