Santonio Holmes To Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Santonio Holmes To Jets

Alright, I believe this seals the deal. The Jets, at some point next season, will implode. They're picking up rather "talented" players, yes, but they all have off the field issues, and at some point someone will "rub someone else the wrong way". Rex will then proceed to make a smart-"donkey" comment regarding the situation, and things will go south from there, eventually leading to a complete meltdown in the Jets locker room. 

This is just one of many possible situations that could lead to the Jets meltdown, but assuming that nothing changes in N.Y., that team will breakdown.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: Santonio Holmes To Jets

if im a steeler fan, im furious.  Holmes for a 5th round pick?!!?!?! 

are they effen high???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepats51. Show nepats51's posts

as much as i cant stand the jets!!!!!!  im telling you what, the pats better do sumthing on def to stop the jets off.  cuz jets def is already solid!!! hate 2 say it up jets starting to look good!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: Santonio Holmes To Jets:
    if im a steeler fan, im furious.  Holmes for a 5th round pick?!!?!?!  are they effen high???
    Posted by btownteamsrking

I don't think they will complain too much. The Steelers did get a super bowl out of him but obviously now is just too much of a pain in the rear.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

as much as i cant stand the jets!!!!!!  im telling you what, the pats better do sumthing on def to stop the jets off.  cuz jets def is already solid!!! hate 2 say it up jets starting to look good!!!
    Posted by nepats51

Yep the Jets have one of the most talent laden rosters in the NFL right now and for the most part young too.

Now can it all work together and will they get along? Who knows.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: Santonio Holmes To Jets : Yep the Jets have one of the most talent laden rosters in the NFL right now and for the most part young too. Now can it all work together and will they get along? Who knows.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

the jets have gathered "model citizens" like:

Braylon "punch out lebrons friend" Edwards
    Antonio "I did America and America effed me back" Cromartie
    Santonio "pass that ish" Holmes
    LaDanian "blame everyone but myself" Tomlinson
    Shonn "I'm so dumb, I only got 1 eligible year in NCAA football" Green

and people say the Patriots have character issues in the locker room.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

this trade makes no sense in the steelers perspective...inform teams that hes on the block and you get at least a 3rd round pick for him...1200 yrd 5 td receiver at the age of 26 and you only get a 5th?  if marshall gets traded it may be for a first round pick...and they both have similar "baggage" issues

Only way this trade makes sense for the steelers is that rooney is sending a message that the Steelers will under no circumstances tolerate behavior...which im now curious to see what theyll do with big ben, even though its looking like no charges will be pressed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

Holmes is facing a substance abuse suspension and is in the last year of his contract.  That's why the cost was so low (5th round pick). 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

There's a chance that Holmes will be suspended for the year

He was facing a substance abuse from what I remember, and now he has his domestic abuse case pending.

As I said on another board, maybe there's something that the Steelers know that nobody else does.  Also, Holmes' status as Roethlisberger's favorite is irrelevant if the latter runs into trouble with his sexual assault case.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Anarchy99 is right this could be a year long suspension. But its a low risk high reward deal.
    12 games for a 5th rounder.

I expect Holmes to hit the free agent market $$$$$$ at the end of 2010 season and kiss the Jets good buy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

If you don't ask, you don't receive, Bill please go get Steve Smith from Carolina!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

yes the jets will be the team to beat this year.they have done nothing but added great talent to there team,and only gave up a 5th rd draft pick for holmes.and if anyone thinks the draft will make the pats better this year are in for a rude awakening.players with problems ect is nothing.we had them here,and they worked out.the diffrence between the jets,and redskins is,the jets win ball games.the skins dont.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

The Jests are the new Raiders of the North.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

If you don't ask, you don't receive, Bill please go get Steve Smith from Carolina!!
    Posted by NEGAME

This is the best comment on this post.  I would love for steve smith to come to NE.

No matter what anyone says this was a great move by the jets.  Holmes will not get suspended for a year.  If the steelers were trying to send a message then they traded the wrong guy.  Big Ben has more character issues than Santonio.  Jets are stacked and until they do implode they seem to be on a mission to win soon vs NE.  I do like what NE has done this offseason, but up to this point it seems like NYJ have been more aggresive on improving and making a run. 

Congrats to jets, NE needs to make a move.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Jets got better on paper, but this has the potential to really blow up in their faces.

Rex sure knows how to cast a TV show though!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

That is one hell of a steal.  I would not want him on our team from an issues perspective.  But for only a 5th, tempting.  Looks like the jets are going all in on this year and it make me wonder what their cap space will be like next year when there is hopefully a cap.  This is a big boost for them if he can play this year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

Jets are adding talent.  One thing for sure, if the team is winning, it will not be problems in the locker room.  Winning solves alot of problems.  We still going to beat the jets hands down.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Derrick Burgess for a 3rd or Santonio Holmes for a 5th?

Scratching my head on this one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Holmes is likely suspended for 4 games by the league as well

really good talent the Jets got and Cotchery is now the #3.... Cant argue his talent but the Steelers washed their hands of a guy who cant stay out of trouble

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Huggybear999. Show Huggybear999's posts

In Response to Re: Santonio Holmes To Jets : This is the best comment on this post.  I would love for steve smith to come to NE. Posted by patsfaninsatx

That's actually not the best comment on this Thread at all.
    Is there some reason you feel it necessary to kiss NEGAME's @zz???

Steve Smith isn't available and that would be the equivalent of going to the Colts and asking them to trade Reggie Wayne. It's a complete Pipe Dream and they would want multiple good picks if you could pry him away.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

In Response to Re: Santonio Holmes To Jets : That's actually not the best comment on this Thread at all. Is there some reason you feel it necessary to kiss NEGAME's @zz??? Steve Smith isn't available and that would be the equivalent of going to the Colts and asking them to trade Reggie Wayne. It's a complete Pipe Dream and they would want multiple good picks if you could pry him away.
    Posted by Huggybear999

what are you talking about kissing @zz...are you stupid or something....im a huge steve smith fan...thats why i made the comment.  And not its not impossible to get steve smith from carolina.  they are in a rebuilding mode so its not out of reach to try to make a trade with them.

think before you type dummy!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harlleyroadking104. Show harlleyroadking104's posts

In Response to Santonio Holmes To Jets:
    Alright, I believe this seals the deal. The Jets, at some point next season, will implode. They're picking up rather "talented" players, yes, but they all have off the field issues, and at some point someone will "rub someone else the wrong way". Rex will then proceed to make a smart-"donkey" comment regarding the situation, and things will go south from there, eventually leading to a complete meltdown in the Jets locker room.  This is just one of many possible situations that could lead to the Jets meltdown, but assuming that nothing changes in N.Y., that team will breakdown.
    Posted by vertigho

Winning rids all evil.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

People call Kraft cheap and then Pittsburgh stays true to their cheap form and unloads their best receiver because he's in a contract year and they could get something for him. I don't know why they would do NJ a solid like that asking for only a 5th round pick but he'll play well starting in October for NJ. I guess NJ should just completely shoot their wad and try to buy the championship this year at this point.

25. This post has been removed.