Santonio?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

Re: Santonio?

holmes.  .. . his career is welker drops until the last play and makes a miracle catch to end it.  put the team in the hole and once in a life time get lucky and bail them out.  bret favre was this same way.  bret favre was a terrible qb.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sanders is OK, but lets be serious....he is just another smaller guy who would be blanketed in the  postseason. We need postseason performers. Brady/BB gets you 10 wins in their sleep with Krafts connections and all...

[/QUOTE]

How many tall WRs did Brady have with 3 SB rings? When did this start? Where did it come from?

Why do we need 3 Harold Carmichaels at WR now?

[/QUOTE]

well you see our WRs were not junk. Troy Brown..going into Pats hall of fame. We had a running game and lineman who could run block but most importantly we HAD A DEFENSE!!!

So you see I dont really agree that you need a bunch of big, pro bowl WRs to win a SB, but when you have a Chitty D that can NEVER get off the field in the postseason and you continously ask your aging QB to shoulder the load and get Lombardis w/NO D or Run Game, well YES, you need to surround him with TALENT. Troy Brown and Patten were good enough because we Ran a lot and RELIED On our D!  Not so much now, wouldnt you agree?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chuckling at both RKarp and Hurlie loving thuggie Jets types. The millisecond this guy slipped up or didn't morph into Jerry Rice, they'd be the first ones on here saying how old and done Holmes was and that BB was trying to ruin Brady.

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

I am looking for a 4th WR assuming JE walks and knowing BB wont invest more $$$ in the position. I prefer Austin or Sanders, but MDub said Holmes, I did not

[/QUOTE]

You are looking for a 4th WR to replace the guy who was our #1 last year? This is gonna make us better?  AIm high man...

[/QUOTE]

I dont look at positions like that, and neither should you. Too many injuries, and JE could have had an outlier season last year.

I prefer to try and strengthen the group as a whole.

Part 1-obviously health to Gronk, Amendola, Vereen and Bolden

Part 2-progression from Dobson, Boyce and Thompkins

Part 3-free agent pick up WR from Sanders, Austin or similar. Need some one still with gas in the tank, not Jenkins or Gonzo signings.

Part 4-day 1 draft of a TE

If these 4 come to fruition, I feel that the recieving group will be able to come up with mismatches against any defense the opposition has. MIsmatches will result in more production than last year.  

[/QUOTE]

Well thats my point. Jules was healthy for the 1st time in his career. Gronk gets hurt every year. Collie is playing concussed every week and was left for dead 2 years ago. He shouldnt even be in the league , let alone starting a playoff game. Amendola so far has come as advertised. So my point was if you get a 4th WR to replace your # 1, you still havent done anything. I dont think Holmes is any different than a Gonzo or Jenkins at this point. I still dont see a # Wr in this offense.  I would aim higher for a better VET. IF the Pats looked at Fitzy last year they obviously are aiming higher as well but the opptys must exist. They tried a bit with Sanders but as always were too cheap to Really commit. With the injuries we have, I would look to get a durable vet in his prime.

You think Amendola, 3 returning rooks and S.Holmes is the answer?  Maybe but I would look to get a guy who can actually still play. You said yourselve KT may not make the team. Dobson is a question mark, only showed flashes and Boyce was unimpressive to me outside of his speed. I dont get excited with speed merchants. Considering Brady is in LA in offseason how are he and the rooks gonna get aclimated?  Danny was there with him and look at their chemistry? Maybe talent is the issue

[/QUOTE]

Don't you think that with his money and his giant house that Brady couldn't host the receivers for pre pre season work?

[/QUOTE]

Don't laugh, but this isn't that far from the truth, last spring he did this with Amendola in California - it was reported that Hernandez was there too, but that was a lie..he was down in Miami shooting guys in the face at that time.

Do you remember any of this? At the time everyone around here was saying, "see this is why we didn't resign Welker, Hernandez is going to be the new slot guy, he's in California right now working on taking over that role". It later was reported that Hernandez went to the pats telling them he thought his life was in danger and they told him to lay low and get out of the area...who reported that he was working out with Brady? I have no idea, but it was a story at the time.