Sapp is a terrible person...simply a bad human

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Sapp is a terrible person...simply a bad human

If anyone commented on this, I missed it. Sapp and Brandon Marshall had a public, through the media, war of words.

Here's a quick rundown in case you missed it:

Sterling Sharpe commented that he didn't think marshall gave a good effort in the game against MIA.

Marshall responded with: "commentators need to stop worrying about stuff they know nothing about."

So, Sapp then takes it upon himself to say players today have no respect for history, and about Marshall specifically, "He's the first 100-catch receiver (tight end) back to back, retard." Sapp was talking about Shannon Sharpe. Apparently unaware Marshall directed his comments to elder Sterling. Who's the retard?

Anyway, here's Marshall's BRILLIANT response:

I got a really disturbing heads-up on something Warren Sapp said, called me retarded. That's really disappointing to hear that from an NFL legend, but I'm going to take this as a lesson, and I think we all can learn from this. Be very careful who you take advice from. You want to surround yourself with good people, godly people.

When I look at Warren Sapp, I can't go to him and talk about finances because he filed for bankruptcy. I can't go to him and talk about my marriage because he filed for divorce. I can't go to him and talk about being a father because one day I'm going to have children because he's not active in his children's life.

He SHREDDED that fat piece of garbage. After this, through some back and forth via twitter and email...Sapp challenged marshall to a fight! What a LOSER! I don't HATE many people, but as I said a few months back, this guy is simply a bad human being. He's slime, selfish, totally self absorbed and I'll be glad when his stupid round face doesn't appear on television, and his slurring fat guy voice, which he spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to correct (fail) doesn't pollute the airwaves.

Marshall has since apologized...while maintaining he believes everything he said. just wished he didn't say it publicly.

HA! Good for you Brandon!

No apology from Sapp regarding his callous use of the word 'retard' either. Again showing how totally clueless he is. Did I mention he's a fat slob yet? Well, he is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Sapp is a terrible person...simply a bad human

And this surprises you? I've known Sapp is an awful, awful person for a long time now. Seriously anyone who thought Sapp was a good person needs to step back and actually take a look at their standards. The reason he has a job like this is because he is a hatable person and as well all know people who act like idiots and like to make abrasive statements (caugh* Felger) get ratings.

*I'd like to point out that Felger, although annoying and abrasive does actually make resonable arguments and brings some facts to support them, even if they are wrong (knid of like Rusty and Babe at times). Where as Sapp just makes wild statements with no evidence other then what he makes up in his mind

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Thinking Marshall is good or bad as a WR had nothing to do with any of this. Sapp took a swipe at Marshall and called him a retard....Marshall systematically shredded every facet of Sapp's life with facts. Then Sapp challenged him to a fight, as if these two guys are 13 years old. I wonder if he challenged to meet him behind the bleachers of his stadium of choice?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I agree that Brandon Marshall is a re-tard. If you don't like what the media is saying don't watch/read it..pretty simple. Or is it more fun to go on rants about why they aren't qualified to do the job they have? 

PS Sterling Sharpe had back to back 100 reception seasons in 92 and 93. Shannon never once had 100 receptions in a season.......no offense man but please check your facts before posting with such certainty.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

File this under terrible person please:

Posted Image

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

When did I say Marshall isn't a bad guy? I'm not standing up for anything he has/hasn't done other than supporting his dismantling of Sapp's character.

My point, AGAIN, is simply to have a laugh at Sapp's expense. Sapp can dish it out, but someone gives it back and suddenly he wants to fight them? He's a piece of sh!t, more so than Marshall.

At any rate, seems to me Marshall was cleared, numerous times, by the judicial system, just like many americans every day. I guess that means nothing. Marshall has admitted problems and talked about a medical diagnosis he struggles with many times, but go ahead and judge him. That glass house you live in must be gorgeous.

Of those people that file for bankruptcy every day...how many made millions in a single decade? How many were then bringing in 500k a year on salary? To compare him to americans struggling in this economy is beyond laughable. When rich people p!ss away money like that, they deserve to be laughed at. I've known people who filed for bankruptcy, and more often than not it's because they lose a job, can't find one for months, and debt, often tens of thousands in college loans, come back to haunt them. Who's defending who here?

If you want to keep defending Sapp, go right on ahead...speaks more about your character than anything else.

As for the Shannon/Sterling thing, Sapp said Shannon had the back to back seasons. Maybe he meant Sterling, maybe not. He asaid it, not me, I'm just relaying the facts of what people said. Oh, and he definitely meant Shannon as he referenced Marshall playing 3 years in Denver and not understanding the history of the game.

Add extreme ignorance to Sapp's growing list of deplorable character issues.

Brandon Marshall may very well act like a 're tard', but to go on a national television station and throw that word around is totally unprofessional. If that's ok...is it ok to call someone derogatory names based on race? how about religion? Oh, it's ok when you're talking about mentally handicapped slurs though.

Quote all the arrests you want while you defend this guy Del. I'm honestly shocked. I can't believe ANYONE would defend Sapp. You should go take a look in the mirror...that is if you have any in that see-through house of yours.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to WeDerrWEBACK's comment:
    [QUOTE]

File this under terrible person please:

Posted Image

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This woman needs to take that jersey off and get sent away. Just like all those twitter toughguys after the Bruins lost.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"What am I wrong about?"

Tom Brady for one. 

Felger makes better football arguments than you and does it without berating and mocking those who disagree with him. 

Felger has his flaws but at least he is not fueled by his constant rage like you are.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thinking Marshall is good or bad as a WR had nothing to do with any of this. Sapp took a swipe at Marshall and called him a retard....Marshall systematically shredded every facet of Sapp's life with facts. Then Sapp challenged him to a fight, as if these two guys are 13 years old. I wonder if he challenged to meet him behind the bleachers of his stadium of choice?

[/QUOTE]

It's the flagpole at 3:15 when school gets out. Bring your "uncles" and "cousins".

Unless it's a factually based comment, I ignore what ex-jocks have to say. They bore me so.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"What am I wrong about?"

Tom Brady for one. 

Felger makes better football arguments than you and does it without berating and mocking those who disagree with him. 

Felger has his flaws but at least he is not fueled by his constant rage like you are.

[/QUOTE]

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Ever since Sapp knocked Chad Clifton out with that blind side hit I've thought he was a moron. Every time this guy opens his mouth...stupidity poors out. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

I thought Marshall's response was f'in hysterical. He nailed every loser aspect of Sapps life in a brilliant reply. Is Marshall perfect? Obviously FAAAR from it, but you don't call people "r"tards these days. It just isn't done... especially if you're any kind of celebrity (Actually it's a BANNED word here LOL)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, Sapp calling a reject like Marshall a reject, albeit with an unpolitically correct term, and being absolutely correct about that, is a "piece of shyt" for calling out Marshall?

I think it's great that future HOF players call out posing wannabe great players like Marshall.

I wish more would do it. These entitled little primadonnas need a slap verbally, just like that.

[/QUOTE]

You keep making the argument something it isn't. I never took issue with Sapp calling him a name, other than, as you agree with, his poor choice of words.

I never said anything like "how dare he". I never said "where does he get off saying that."

I'll explain it ONE more time, this makes three:

I HATE Sapp, I think he's a deplorable person. I was applauding Marshall for saying VERY publicly what he did, which was a character assassination. I was not commenting on Marshall as a football player or person. I wasn't commenting on Sapp having the right to say anything. Beyond what Marshall so eloquently worded, I only further had anything to say about the fught challenge. I'm still unsure why you felt the need to defend Sapp. He doesn't deserve it.

As Vadercheck pointed out, his cheap shot, and consequent comments on/about Clifton made it clear the type of person he is, and he's only reinforced that since.

Calling him a piece of garbage wasn't right though...some people like garbage. Nobody likes Sapp. Well, 'cept maybe for you.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Well, to be honest, Marshall is a somewhat different case.

Here's a few things I consider:

-He has a very real medical diagnosis. Does that make it ok? Certainly not. But I don't think his physical altercations are indicitive of the person he is, I think it's more a product of what he suffers with. Again, that doesn't make it ok, but it is a somewhat mitigating circumstance.

-More than once someone has claimed he hit them, and then not followed through with the charges. Does that mean it didn't happen? No. Does the woman stating something mean it definitely DID happen? Also no.

-He's gone to trial ONE (1) time, and was acquitted. All other charges were dropped, in one case after he completed anger management. Oh, and there was the DUI which he served a year of probation for. So I guess that's 3 times kind of in trial, once acquitted, once dismissed after anger management, probation for one year.

-Lastly, we don't know all the facts, because often it didn't go to trial and none were presented. He's certainly done enough to know that there IS something there...but what, exactly? Did she provoke him? Instigate it? Strike him first? I don't know. I know i'll catch heat for this, but sometimes it's ok to hit a woman. If a grown WOMAN wants to hit someone first, she opens herself to getting hit back. Is that what happened? Again, I don't know.

I do KNOW Sapp blindsided Clifton. I do KNOW he then defended his nearly paralyzing a guy 35 yards from the play. I KNOW he challenged then Coach McCarthy to "put a jersey on" and come play. I do KNOW he said he would retire if the Pats didn't give up a sack, and then proved how empty his words are. I do KNOW he's had plenty to say about other people, but when Marshall said something back, he simply couldn't take it. He's a bully, he's a loudmouth, and he certainly thinks he's better than most around him. When this Sapp/Marshall incident started, both Big zerO Glen Ordway and Michael Holley went out of their ways to point out that he is one person on camera, and once "the red light goes off" he's a totally different person and treats people like dirt. I don't have a lot of respect for Ordway, and my respect for Holley is waning, but neither strike me as the kind of person to simply make that up. And they spent a good, solid minute of airtime expressing this opinion before moving on to the story. They also said he's certainly not the ONLY guy like this, but may very well be the worst one of them. All that wrapped together, and more i've undoubtedly forgotten paint a picture of a man I don't respect, or like. In fat, it's crossed over to HATE. I truly HATE people like him, and wish I didn't have to share the same planet with them.

All that said, do I want Marshall on the Pats? Nope. Do I want him dating a family member? Definitely nope. Am I going to condemn him for suffering with a medical condition? Thrice nope. He currently is on medication, and gets the help he obviously needs. He hasn't had a legal run-in in 3.5 years (5 years since any legal finding against him) at some point, he shouldn't be judged so harshly for what he did as a younger man, many years ago. Being someone who carries one mistake from 10 years ago and STILL has it effect me, maybe I'm more sensitive to that. It's worth considering I suppose.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

About the Chad Clifton hit by Sapp...I'm a huge fan of physical football..love it. I loved the way Rodney played and I even like the way Pollard plays. I was a fan of some of the dirtier hockey players (Ken Linesman, etc.), because I liked their intensity and how they could change a game teetering on the edge of the rules, but the hit on Clifton was disgusting to me. I have never been so furious about a single play as I was over that one - and I realize it was a legal play at the time - however I had never seen such a malicious, intent to hurt someone, when it didn't need to be done. It was disgusting.

Sapp has been for the most part disgusting since he has played football. I can recall this guy bragging in an interview how he didn't let his 4 year old dughter cry when she got hurt, because there was no crying in his house. That's one messed up guy right there.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

We could have an entire thread about how having played the game doesn't necessarily qualify you to comment upon it . . .   at least not over the ariwaves, but there's not really any such thing as a "sports journalist" anymore, so if we want to watch and hear commentary, we're stuck (mostly) with moron jocks and the Joe Bucks of the world.

When guys like Sharpe and Sapp don't say stupid things . . .   that's news! I'm not entirely sure that being an idiot necessarily makes you a "horrible person," but the guy who said "don't listen" has a pretty good point.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If anyone commented on this, I missed it. Sapp and Brandon Marshall had a public, through the media, war of words.

[/QUOTE]
    I can't watch the guy. I literally change the channel when I see Warren Sapp on a progam.