Saturday forecast calls for heavy rain.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Saturday forecast calls for heavy rain.

Based on the latest forecast it looks like a repeat of the Buffalo game. Another heavy dose of Blount sounds good.

This is a copy and paste from the NWS:

Saturday afternoon and night...
    main focus for a period of heavy rainfall will be late Sat and Sat
    evening as anomalous low level jet brings deep moisture plume into
    the region ahead of a cold front. While GFS may be too robust with
    the strength of the low level jet...European model (ecmwf) around 80 knots and gefs
    ensembles suggest +3sd anomalies for the low level jet and precipitable waters  which
    supports a period of heavy rain...and probs for > 1" quantitative precipitation forecast are 60-80
    percent. We have increasing confidence of rainfall of 1+ inches with
    locally up to 2" possible. There is some marginal elevated
    instability so cant rule out an isolated thunderstorm and the potential of a
    convective fine line along the front. This system is progressive so
    rain should taper off from west to east after midnight...possibly
    sooner out west.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Saturday forecast calls for heavy rain.

Denver forecast for Sunday is partly cloudy and 42 degrees with 20 mph winds, only a 10% chance of precipitation. It looks like Gomer is not going to have to deal with the weather this week. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Blount! Blount! Ridley! Blount! and repeat!!!! Good luck trying to throw the ball in a monsoon!! Mathis will be just another Rush DE with noone to rush!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Blount! Blount! Ridley! Blount! and repeat!!!! Good luck trying to throw the ball in a monsoon!! Mathis will be just another Rush DE with noone to rush!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Bring in Bolden too just for laughs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

speaking selfishly this rain s hit is getting very old and tiresome.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Denver forecast for Sunday is partly cloudy and 42 degrees with 20 mph winds, only a 10% chance of precipitation. It looks like Gomer is not going to have to deal with the weather this week. 

[/QUOTE]

Also means Philip Rivers doesn't have to worry about torching Denver's defense. Keep in mind that Denver lost with a healthy Von Miller on the roster, with Von out, teams don't have to worry about airing it out against Denver. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Run baby run....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L3KU5eiEBo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Sorry, but weather threads are kind of ridiculous. BOTH teams have to deal with the elements.

Cold.....rain......wind.....crappy playing surface.....snow......if BOTH teams are out there, they BOTH have the same difficulties to handle.

I think bad weather games come down to who has better mental toughness, and who can block it out, and just play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

Sorry, but weather threads are kind of ridiculous. BOTH teams have to deal with the elements.

Cold.....rain......wind.....crappy playing surface.....snow......if BOTH teams are out there, they BOTH have the same difficulties to handle.

I think bad weather games come down to who has better mental toughness, and who can block it out, and just play.

If I am not mistaken isn't this a "discussion forum". Why talk about anything with that type of reasoning.

Of course both teams have to play in the same conditions. IMHO, it seems the Pats have the advantage with the run game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it....   We had rain in Vermont all day last monday when they were calling for snow then rain and changing to snow.   NOt a single flake ...  just the pitterepatter of a little sleet before the monsoon.

This after an Ice storm that lasted 3 days the previous weekend which they missed as well (calling for some ice but warming)  wrong.      IN between we have had subzero nights and a couple days of 30 below wind chills.

On a side note the pond hockey ice is in good shape...lol.    trouble is I could skate the 1/2 mile along the road there is so much ice around.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it....   We had rain in Vermont all day last monday when they were calling for snow then rain and changing to snow.   NOt a single flake ...  just the pitterepatter of a little sleet before the monsoon.

This after an Ice storm that lasted 3 days the previous weekend which they missed as well (calling for some ice but warming)  wrong.      IN between we have had subzero nights and a couple days of 30 below wind chills.

On a side note the pond hockey ice is in good shape...lol.    trouble is I could skate the 1/2 mile along the road there is so much ice around.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you guys up north have had a miserable run. Down here in RI not so bad just the cold.

I am dreading the the rain tomorrow. I would rather tailgate and watch the game in frigid temps with zero precipitation then have to deal with torrential rain with temps in the high 30's.

I have been going to games since the late 80's and the Buffalo game a couple of weeks ago could have been one of the worse weather games i have been to. Based on the forecast the OP posted it looks like that Buffalo will be rivaled tomorrow.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oddlyenough. Show oddlyenough's posts

From my expierence, it's more difficult to get things done in cold rain than in snow.  The wetness really sucks away the warmth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to paesan59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If I am not mistaken isn't this a "discussion forum". Why talk about anything with that type of reasoning.

Of course both teams have to play in the same conditions. IMHO, it seems the Pats have the advantage with the run game.

[/QUOTE]

Okay, since you seemed to be so offended by my post......

In this "discussion"...I totally disagree with you, and think that the media makes weather more of a factor than it is. If both teams have to deal with it, it's a wash.

Happy?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay, since you seemed to be so offended by my post......

In this "discussion"...I totally disagree with you, and think that the media makes weather more of a factor than it is. If both teams have to deal with it, it's a wash.

Happy?

[/QUOTE]

In rain games do turnovers increase or decrease?

More dropped passes or less?

Fumbles from the center snap to the QB increase or decrease?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you guys up north have had a miserable run. Down here in RI not so bad just the cold.

I am dreading the the rain tomorrow. I would rather tailgate and watch the game in frigid temps with zero precipitation then have to deal with torrential rain with temps in the high 30's.

I have been going to games since the late 80's and the Buffalo game a couple of weeks ago could have been one of the worse weather games i have been to. Based on the forecast the OP posted it looks like that Buffalo will be rivaled tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]

I hear ya....   wow.   For me it is like skiing in the rain.   You can dress for it but it only goes so far...  meaning after a while you get soaked through and it is not close to fun anymore.  Golfing in the rain you can use umbrellas but you still get wet.  If I were sitting I would just use sheets of poly with holes cut in them for your head.  Get comfortable and GET LOUD.

For the fans at the game it is tough but also for the away team.   Think about INdy coming from their cushy domed stadium lol .......   right....?  These conditions will affect a "soft" team who is not used to it to a much greater extent.  The possibility exists that they will more likely pack it in as soon as Blount pounds in his first TD....lol.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you're in need of some snow I can send you some. Not from my neighborhood in Syracuse but 30 miles north of here directly east of lake Ontario they had around 5' in the last week forcing Rt 81 from Syracuse to the Canadian border to be closed for 2 days.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you're in need of some snow I can send you some. Not from my neighborhood in Syracuse but 30 miles north of here directly east of lake Ontario they had around 5' in the last week forcing Rt 81 from Syracuse to the Canadian border to be closed for 2 days.

[/QUOTE]

NOt fair.    5' would be just fine in the mountains.       The skiing is OK and its snowing now....   but since that ice storm (started 12-21) it has been a miserable stretch of weather.   What sucks is how good it was before that ....   We still have the good base of snow jsut needs to be Improved with a couple solid storms.  (latest forecast ... ice and rain tomorrow.....ugh)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NOt fair.    5' would be just fine in the mountains.       The skiing is OK and its snowing now....   but since that ice storm (started 12-21) it has been a miserable stretch of weather.   What sucks is how good it was before that ....   We still have the good base of snow jsut needs to be Improved with a couple solid storms.  (latest forecast ... ice and rain tomorrow.....ugh)

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the skiers here think so too. Those lake effect bands don't get all the way to the mountains but that area is a snowmobiler's paradise. Hundreds of miles of trails.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All the above for (BOTH) teams. Saying one has an advanatge over the other is what I disagree with.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All the above for (BOTH) teams. Saying one has an advanatge over the other is what I disagree with.

[/QUOTE]

What if there's flood warnings and only one team has a boat?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Based on the latest forecast it looks like a repeat of the Buffalo game. Another heavy dose of Blount sounds good.

the strength of the low level jet...European model (ecmwf) around 80 knots and gefs
    ensembles suggest +3sd anomalies for the low level jet and precipitable waters  which
    supports a period of heavy rain...and probs for > 1" quantitative precipitation forecast are 60-80
    sooner out west.

[/QUOTE]

The wind is also big. I couldn't find any games where Luck played in a wind of 20 MPH or more.

It's essentially the same weather as the Buffalo game. Nice.

It's an OLs dream with a good run game.

[/QUOTE]
    Here's some splits on Luck and Brady this season. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/25711/splits/

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5228/splits/

Better outdoors than indoors.  Better rating than Brady this year in windy conditions.  Better rating than Brady in cold weather. 

And what does this all mean for tomorrows game?  Nothing. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

sooner out west.

[/QUOTE]

The wind is also big. I couldn't find any games where Luck played in a wind of 20 MPH or more.

[/QUOTE]

Better outdoors than indoors.  Better rating than Brady this year in windy conditions.  Better rating than Brady in cold weather. 

[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that the weather has the same level of meaning as your opinion

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

sooner out west.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO

First of all, what does Yahoo consider "windy"??? Luck played in a 20 MPH+ wind this year or last year?

Where and when, please?

If you don't think a driving wind and rain on the road against a team off a Bye that can really run the ball means "nothing", then you're just a moron as we already know.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know - does it really matter?  What I said meant nothing were the stats that showed Luck better than Brady in the conditions you mentioned.  But I'll tell you what I do think matters, and that is having a quarterback that can run. 

In these conditions, there could be a lot of slipping and sliding by receivers, running backs and defenders.  A QB that can run could be valuable.