Say it aint so BILLLLLL.....

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Re: Say it aint so BILLLLLL.....

keep in mind " all politics are local" quote by Tip O'Neill. Translated how does it effect me.

I always love Cedrick Maxwell's response when he was asked why he was a republican.

" most of the brothers don't make the scratch I make"

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

If this is true, then it proves Bill is a genius!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mgraham's comment:
    [QUOTE]

keep in mind " all politics are local" quote by Tip O'Neill. Translated how does it effect me.

I always love Cedrick Maxwell's response when he was asked why he was a republican.

" most of the brothers don't make the scratch I make"

[/QUOTE]

and women republicans are worse

[/QUOTE]

i concur , but most likely they have, as Cedric said " the scratch"

I think underlying republican motto is  "them that has ,keeps"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Well of course he is a Republican. He has proven time and again he would never mortgage the future for the present, and he would NEVER go for something as stupid as 'we need to pass the bill to find out whats in it'...

I wish I had written this...

THE TAX SYSTEM EXPLAINED IN A BEER

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100.
    If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this...

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
    The fifth would pay $1.
    The sixth would pay $3.
    The seventh would pay $7.
    The eighth would pay $12.
    The ninth would pay $18.
    The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that's what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve ball.
    "Since you are all such good customers,"
    He said, "I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20."
    Drinks for the ten men would now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes.
    So the first four men were unaffected.
    They would still drink for free.
    But what about the other six men? The paying customers?
    How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share?

They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer.

So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by a higher percentage the poorer he was, to follow the principle of the tax system they had been using, and he proceeded to work out the amounts he suggested that each should now pay.
    And so the fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% saving).
    The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33% saving).
    The seventh now paid $5 instead of $7 (28% saving).
    The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% saving).
    The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% saving).
    The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% saving).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But, once outside the bar, the men began to compare their savings.

"I only got a dollar out of the $20 saving," declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, ?but he got $10!"
    "Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar too. It's unfair that he got ten times more benefit than me!"
    "That's true!" shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back, when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!"
    "Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison, "we didn't get anything at all. This new tax system exploits the poor!" The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had their beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and government ministers, is how our tax system works. The people who already pay the highest taxes will naturally get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas, where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

David R. Kamerschen, Ph.D.
    Professor of Economics.

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
    For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Who cares? I grew up in MA and yes I'm a registered Dem, but like being a natural born Red Sox's fan, hating the Yankees, Sitting on the metal bleechers in 20* weather watching Grogan most of the time lose, going to the Garden sometimes having a beam as your view during The Bruins and loving the fights with O'Reilly, and loving Cheevers in the goal. Being lucky to watch Bird play, These are the things growing up in MA that I cherish and continue to be a fan of all my teams but always voting Democractic is not. Unlike sports you vote for what you feel. All my life I never really knew why my parents were Dem but like them I registered as one but have voted for Republican, some of you must have too, you voted Romney and before him three others Weld being the 1st as Governor. So your vote is not a guarantee because of your state. I live in NYC & making $250 is not rich, we already pay so much in taxes, rents are expensive, the usual answer is by others is move but it's never that easy... Just like living in Boston, I lived there too, expensive. So BB can vote however he wants. He is still the best coach. So worry about your vote!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well of course he is a Republican. He has proven time and again he would never mortgage the future for the present, and he would NEVER go for something as stupid as 'we need to pass the bill to find out whats in it'...

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100.
    If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this...

The fifth would pay $1.
    The sixth would pay $3.
    The ninth would pay $18.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve ball.

How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his fair share?

They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer.

So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by a higher percentage the poorer he was, to follow the principle of the tax system they had been using, and he proceeded to work out the amounts he suggested that each should now pay.

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But, once outside the bar, the men began to compare their savings.

"I only got a dollar out of the $20 saving," declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man, ?but he got $10!"
    "Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar too. It's unfair that he got ten times more benefit than me!"
    "That's true!" shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back, when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!"
    "Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison, "we didn't get anything at all. This new tax system exploits the poor!" The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had their beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and government ministers, is how our tax system works. The people who already pay the highest taxes will naturally get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas, where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

Professor of Economics.

[/QUOTE]

+100000 I love this example, liberal idiots like CC dont understand this.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

[QUOTE]

The fifth would pay $1.
    The sixth would pay $3.
    The ninth would pay $18.

Professor of Economics.

[/QUOTE]

That was freakin awesome! LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

Im proud of bill now.  thanks communist

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Needless to say, I had to stop reading pretty early in this thread, but I do have two quick comments for anyone whose life is empty enough to have read this far:

1) Please keep this nonsense out of our Patriots forum and . . .

2) When did failure become the new success? I must have been absent that day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to getdrunkstupit's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Im proud of bill now.  thanks communist

[/QUOTE]

+1,000,000

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3991581. Show user_3991581's posts

Sorry children - that is not how taxes REALLY work. 

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-24/romney-paid-13-9-percent-tax-rate-on-21-6-million-2010-income.html

"Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s 2010 tax returns and the 13.9 percent rate he paid highlight how wealthy investors can use the preferential treatment of income classified ascapital gains and dividends to minimize payments to the U.S. government."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

another caucasian gary...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to user_3991581's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-24/romney-paid-13-9-percent-tax-rate-on-21-6-million-2010-income.html

"Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s 2010 tax returns and the 13.9 percent rate he paid highlight how wealthy investors can use the preferential treatment of income classified ascapital gains and dividends to minimize payments to the U.S. government."

[/QUOTE]

Way to pick and choose your 'facts'. Go back and read the article, and nt just the Liberal Spewed headline.

Romney’s return indicates that he carried forward $4.8 million in capital losses from previous years, an indication that he didn’t report positive capital gains on his 2009 return. Subract that from his $21.6 million, leaves $16.8 million. Then subtract out the $7 million he gave to charity, and it is under $10 million. THESE ARE BOTH LEGAL. He paid $3,024,000 in taxes (based on your number of 13.9% of $21.6 billion). This is closer to $30% than 13.9.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

because all dems got to hold on to is falsifying facts. like all these jobs they created. hahahahahahahahhahahahahha

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

it's job recycling.  1 job is temp between multiple people.  only allowing a longer stay on unemployment for those people.  Mcdonalds is hiring

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His 13.9% is more than all of us combined on this board. The man pays plenty of taxes. Thanks to him and other successful people we have government programs that others need and use. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Ha.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Way to pick and choose your 'facts'. Go back and read the article, and nt just the Liberal Spewed headline.

Romney’s return indicates that he carried forward $4.8 million in capital losses from previous years, an indication that he didn’t report positive capital gains on his 2009 return. Subract that from his $21.6 million, leaves $16.8 million. Then subtract out the $7 million he gave to charity, and it is under $10 million. THESE ARE BOTH LEGAL. He paid $3,024,000 in taxes (based on your number of 13.9% of $21.6 billion). This is closer to $30% than 13.9.

[/QUOTE] This is where tax reports can get get foggy and stats (politics) can prove both points. I always look at my actual tax burden against both net and adjusted .  I was actually quite surprised that Romney paid that much! Plus if he gave 7 mil to charity .. Kudos !. He isnt that far off from my % ( note: % not $)... I have to figure out how to boost up my St. Vincent DePaul clothing donations!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Great bumper sticker I saw recently said the following:  I think therefore I am republican.

25. This post has been removed.