Sayers Hits Mark With Cutler/Bears Criticism

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Re: Sayers Hits Mark With Cutler/Bears Criticism

In Response to Re: Sayers Hits Mark With Cutler/Bears Criticism:
    In Response to Re: Sayers Hits Mark With Cutler/Bears Criticism :      
    Posted by TexasPat3

TexasPat:

1) My obsession with defending Ind:  HUH??? I wrote one reply to your post and thats an obsession??  I am not the one, like you, starting a new thread on Indy every other day.  Also, I noticed how you didnt answer my question.  Didnt your mother ever tell you not to answer a question with a question?

2) GM was contridicted by two of the OL:

Are you serious? what did you expect them to say?  it was there fault??  If you watched the game you can draw your on conclusions who was at fault.  If you believe manning fine, but the GM and plenty of other people obviously disagree with you.

3) So its ok to blame the Pats O-line because it was "obvious" but if its not "obvious" to you its a big deal and throwing them under the bus.  Interesting slant there.

4) Will agree that the pass rush from the giants was worse then what Manning faced vs the Saints, but he was certainly rushed more then you would expect if the OL was doing its job.  Also, the OL needs to RUN block and they didnt do a good job of that all day (ok can't wait to see how you twirl that into being Mannings fault).  If team can run the ball effectively it eases up the pass rush.

5)  I said if you have sustained pressure on a QB, no matter the QB, they will be less effective.  Somehow you twisted that into Manning being under more pressure then Brady.  It was a general observation, but again you read it the way you wanted too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Sayers Hits Mark With Cutler/Bears Criticism : TexasPat: 1) My obsession with defending Ind:  HUH??? I wrote one reply to your post and thats an obsession??  I am not the one, like you, starting a new thread on Indy every other day.  Also, I noticed how you didnt answer my question.  Didnt your mother ever tell you not to answer a question with a question?

RESPONSE: Starting a new thread on Indy every day?? Are you and the Dog(gg) long lost cousins...LOL!! Furthermore, unlike you, I no longer live with my mother.   

2) GM was contridicted by two of the OL: Are you serious? what did you expect them to say?  it was there fault??  If you watched the game you can draw your on conclusions who was at fault.  If you believe manning fine, but the GM and plenty of other people obviously disagree with you.

RESPONSE: No one agrees with Polian, other than Peyton worshippers and Indy koolaid drinkers, such as Underdog(gg), and yourself.

3) So its ok to blame the Pats O-line because it was "obvious" but if its not "obvious" to you its a big deal and throwing them under the bus.  Interesting slant there.

RESPONSE: Interesting sentence, there. What the hell are you talking about??

4) Will agree that the pass rush from the giants was worse then what Manning faced vs the Saints, but he was certainly rushed more then you would expect if the OL was doing its job.

RESPONSE: Did you see the game?? When was Manning pressured?

Also, the OL needs to RUN block and they didnt do a good job of that all day (ok can't wait to see how you twirl that into being Mannings fault).  If team can run the ball effectively it eases up the pass rush.

RESPONSE: Again, did you see the game? Joseph Addai ran wild. The Colts might have won had they kept giving Addai the ball.

5)  I said if you have sustained pressure on a QB, no matter the QB, they will be less effective.  Somehow you twisted that into Manning being under more pressure then Brady.  It was a general observation, but again you read it the way you wanted too.

RESPONSE: Cut the BS. You were clearly implying that the alleged pressure that Manning was under caused the pick-6, that cost Indy the game.
    Posted by Patsman2

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

patsman - haven't you learned never to question TP's assumptions. where he is concerned, even if they are assumptions about what YOU said, what YOU think means nothing.
    Posted by underdoggg

Dog(gg):

Me thinks that thou protests too much. When a person is asked simple questions, yet responds to each like a politician, you know that they're covering up, or not being truthful.

Nice try, Dog(gg)...but no sale.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Sayers Hits Mark With Cutler/Bears Criticism :      Dog(gg):      Me thinks that thou protests too much. When a person is asked simple questions, yet responds to each like a politician, you know that they're covering up, or not being truthful.      Nice try, Dog(gg)...but no sale.
    Posted by TexasPat3

i protest too much? lol. wake up interrogator. next time if you just do as i asked and answer your own questions first (or even at all - still waiting), then maybe you will be better able to lead me to the answers you want me to give.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Tex how can getting your starting MLB back on the field not make your defense better? He is the starter on that team for a reason, because he is their best player at that position. That would be the exact same as saying when Brady came back in 2009 from injury that the Patriots didn't get any better from the year before.

RESPONSE: This is what you originally stated:

"Bears will be better this year than last. D will be better with Urlacher back and Peppers should help out. Run game will be better with some moves they made at the TE position which will allow Olsen to be used more as a receiver. Cutler will look better in Martz scheme. Having said all that I don't think SB is in the near future."

I disagree with you that the Bears will be better this year than last. Why? Because the three other teams in their division have improved as well, primarily through the draft. Because of some foolish trades, the Bears didn't have a 1st or 2nd rounder.

While their defense may be better on paper with Urlacher and the addition of Peppers, I don't see it being appreciably better. I don't see Urlacher returning to his pre-injury, pre-thirties form. As for Peppers, he's a good player...but he's no Reggie White.  

Again, I never said the Bears were winning their division and not once did I say the other teams in their division took a step backwards.

RESPONSE: I never accused you of saying those things. The Vikings, Lions, and Packers all improved through the draft...where the Bears did not.

Conntrary to what you may think, it is possible in the NFLfor a team to get better from year to year and have other teams in the division not do any worseand even get better as well. If you told me the Lions were going to win 10 games this season, that doesn't mean the Bears are a worse team to me. What remaains to be seen? If key players stay heallthy or if the if the Bears are a better team?

RESPONSE: Again, I don't believe that the Bears' defense will be appreciably better. Furthermore, I have no confidence in Jay Cutler. Cutler is the most overrated player in the game.

I said you fondled children. This was a controlled experiment to see if you react the same way Urlachher reacted to Sayers' comments.

RESPONSE: Again, Sayers made no personal attack against Urlacher. He stated his opinion as a fan...as we all do. 

You said Urlacher should stop whining and play to win. Then you respond to fondling children by saying it is ridiculous.

RESPONSE: It was a ridiculous analogy.

Then you try to insult me by compaaring me to the Dogggand wwe all know how you feel about him.

I didn't compare you to the Dog(gg). What I implied was that since you were making such an off-base analogy, I can see why you enjoy Dog(gg)'s contributions. But, if it came across that I did compare you with him, my deepest apologies to you, sir. To compare other posters to him is indeed an insult...LOL!!!

Actually, I have no personal animousity against the Dog(gg). Between us girls, I actually kind of like the guy. I just enjoy busting his chops every now and then...LOL!!!   

You say one thing, you do another. You gget all fired up when someoneone doesn't agree with your opinion

RESPONSE: So you say.

You have convinced yourself that your opinion is fact. It seems to me that there are four posters on this thread alone who have singled you out, maybe we are not the problem, maybbe it is a common link.

RESPONSE: Excuse me if I disagree with you. As for the four posters that I allegedly have singled out, two are Indy trolls, while Russ is a person who constantly engages in personal attacks. If you see my disagreements with you as that as a personal attack, perhaps its' you who have the problem, sir.

Posted by MaritimePatsFan

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Sayers Hits Mark With Cutler/Bears Criticism : i protest too much? lol. wake up interrogator. next time if you just do as i asked and answer your own questions first (or even at all - still waiting), then maybe you will be better able to lead me to the answers you want me to give.
    Posted by underdoggg

Whatever you say, Congressman...LOL!!! You simply refuse to accept the obvious...something that Jeff Saturday, Ryan Diem, and everybody else knows...that Polian threw his OL under the bus to shield the fragile ego, and shaky legacy of Peyton Manning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

tp - i'd tell you that you have been exposed, but everyone on this board for any length of time already knows that the only opinion you value is your own. maybe i should laud you for your unwavering self-love. there's got to be something redeeming about it, but then there is that common phrase "to a fault" that so aptly applies.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

tp - i'd tell you that you have been exposed, but everyone on this board for any length of time already knows that the only opinion you value is your own. maybe i should laud you for your unwavering self-love. there's got to be something redeeming about it, but then there is that common phrase "to a fault" that so aptly applies.
    Posted by underdoggg

So now you're speaking for everyone here, Congressman?? LOL!!! You are the one who has been exposed, time after time, for the troll that you are.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Posted by TexasPat3

TexasPat reminds me of that kid on the corner that use to always say, im rubber and your glue whatever you say bounces of me and sticks on you!!!! 

Everytime you ask him a question, rather then answer it, he bounces it back in the form of a question of his own.  Maybe its a texas thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

You don't see Urlacher returning to his pre injury form? His pre-wrist injury form?

RESPONSE: A wrist injury is a serious football injury. As a LB, you're constantly warding off blockers...shucking them away, using your arms, and your wrists. Furthermore, the guy is now 32 years old. 

The Bears improved through FA where the Vikings, Packers, Lions did not.

RESPONSE: Untrue. The Lions picked up  free agent WR Nate Burleson, and DE Kyle VandenBoch. In addition, they traded for DT Corey Williams, TE Tony Scheffler, CB Chris Houston, and OG Rob Simms...Minnesota signed CB Lito Sheppard;

Sayers did make a personal attack towards Urlacher and Cutler, not just as a fan like you or me, but as an ex player trying to crawl back into the limelight.

RESPONSE: So you say. Dick Butkus has been joined by Mike Hampton and Mike Ditka in backing Sayers, and condemning the childish response of Urlacher: 
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/21/mike-ditka-dan-hampton-pile-on-brian-urlacher/

It was not a ridiculous analogy. You did compare me to the Dogg. You implied my "off base" analogy was similar to something the Dogg would post. Even though you were trying to insult me, I do not find comparing me to the Dogg as such. So say us all. Two are not Indy trolls. One is an Indy fan and the other is a true Pats fan who has simply disagreed with you and thus you try and label him as such, because your opinion is considered by you as fact.

RESPONSE: So you say.

As for Russ, I agree he can be animated at times. I have had disagreements with him before on certain things but he has always had respect. Therefore I respect his opinions, which are normally well thought out and intelligent, but sometimes on the other side of the fence as mine. As for me. I do not feel like you have "attacked" me, nor have I said this.

RESPONSE: Then fine...lets' just agree to disagree, and move on. I believe that Jay Cutler is vastly overrated, and that the players obtained by the Vikings, Lions, and Packers in the draft outweigh the gains made by the Bears through free agency.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Sayers Hits Mark With Cutler/Bears Criticism :      So now you're speaking for everyone here, Congressman?? LOL!!! You are the one who has been exposed, time after time, for the troll that you are.
    Posted by TexasPat3

Wrong again (this is beginning to get a bit embarrasing for you) - I would never (nor could I ever) assume that fantasy mantle that you so enthusiastically believe yourself to have. 

That "all hail TP'' sound you think you hear.  Its only in your mind. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Sayers Hits Mark With Cutler/Bears Criticism : TexasPat reminds me of that kid on the corner that use to always say, im rubber and your glue whatever you say bounces of me and sticks on you!!!!

RESPONSE: That about sums up your mentality, pal...LOL!! 

Everytime you ask him a question, rather then answer it, he bounces it back in the form of a question of his own.  Maybe its a texas thing.

RESPONSE: Oh...you have a question for me?? By all means, enlighten us with your wisdom.  People from Indiana should hardly be casting stones at anyone from other locales.

Posted by Patsman2

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

LOL - TP - I am still waiting for the day when you say for the first time that you were ever wrong about anything. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

lol- a new board rule has been instituted. only people from Indiana are permitted to disagree with TP. SO LET IT BE WRITTEN. SO LET IT BE DONE. ALL HAIL TEXAS PAT. (crickets)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Two of the worst moves of the last 5 years: 1.  Angelo trading all that for Cutler. 2.  The Jets trading up for Mark Sanchez. Both will be paid millions, take up cap space and never lead their teams to a SB. Just awful decision making. 
    Posted by russgriswold

QFT

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Posted by TexasPat3

Just to set the record straight, I am not from Indiana, not that there is anything wrong with that.

As far as trying to enlighten you with my wisdom, i will save that for someone who has an open mind.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Once again, UD, is defending the spoiled puuke from Santa Claus, Indiana. Cutler is a bust, period. Not even the great Mike Martz will turn this guy around. When everybody gets to know Cutler, they all come to the same conclusion as Sayers. I look forward to another year of Cutler staring at his shoes as he walks off the field after throwing a non playoff clinching INT at regular seasons end, again.
    Cutler has never had a winning season since high school, but thats not enough proof for UD.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

jbolt - I am willing to give Cutler the benefit of the doubt, but I also realize I am running out of rope. 

I defended Cutler in the McDaniels spat because 1) I think Cutler has the tools to be great 2) I thought McDaniels was showing his own immaturity by the way he handled things (btw - this is great for the chargers - another failure in the AFC West means the Chargers just keep on taking the crown). 

As hindsight is 20/20, I admit that McDaniels (regardless of my opinion of the handling of the situation) managed to get at least, if not more than, full value for the trade.  He deserves to be commended for that. 

Cutler did not produce last year as many (including me) thought he should to get the monkey (his handling of the Bronco situation) off his back.  So, I will support him again this year, but if he does not perform, then I may have to admit that I was wrong about him. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

A wrist injury is not a serious injury. A back, kneck, or head injury is a serious injury. They are possible career ending injuries. A wrist injury is somewheres between knee/foot injury and bruised pinky.

RESPONSE: Whatever you say...LOL!!  

Burleson is overrated.

RESPONSE: Burleson is no pro-bowler, but he's better than anything that the Bears have at WR.

Corey Williams, Chris Houston and Rob Simms? Who are they?

RESPONSE: Football players...who will make the Lion's roster. Simms should start at guard.

Scheffler will provide competition, but they lost their star LB Ernie Sims to acquire him.

RESPONSE: Ernie Sims a star?? Sims never panned out in Detroit. Why do you think that the Eagles were able to get him so cheaply?

Lito Sheppard is a declining nickel corner. Was overrated three years ago and now people know what he really is.

RESPONSE: He is better than anything the Bears have at the nickel position.

Oh yea VandenBosch will be 32 this November. 32 is the age you deem too old for the NFL correct.

RESPONSE: Thirty-two is old for a player who has been injury prone, like Urlacher. To expect him to be the player he was three years ago is unrealistic. As for VandenBoch, no one is saying that hhe's a star. But, he's been a good, durable player...who will help. Here are his stats:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=2582

Aren't Sayers, Urlacher, Ditka, Hampton, and Butkis all childish for even getting into any of this. The fact that the other three old timers got into something that had nothing to do with them shows their true colors. That is exactly what happened.

RESPONSE: Yeah, you're right. They're all  idiots...LOL!!!

It seems to me when you know you are caught dead wrong, you respond with "So you say." As if to take the high road, this pompous arrogance does not bode well for you Tex.

RESPONSE: I disagree with you. If that makes me arrogant, so be it. 

I too think certain people think Cutler is better than he really is. The disagreement we have had has never been whether the other teams in the division have improved more or less than the Bears. I simply stated from my first post that the Bears will be better this year than they were last year.

RESPONSE: The Bears finished 7-9 last season. I don't see them improving on that in 2010.

Not better than the Lions, Pack or Vikes. Simply, the 2010 Bears will be better than the 2009 Bears. You need to take the blinders off and stop spinning arguements to the arguements you want to have and understand what people are actually saying.

RESPONSE: I don't agree with your statement that the Bears will be better than last year...and I completely disagree with you on the Urlacher issue. What else can I say.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

lol- a new board rule has been instituted. only people from Indiana are permitted to disagree with TP. SO LET IT BE WRITTEN. SO LET IT BE DONE. ALL HAIL TEXAS PAT. (crickets)
    Posted by underdoggg

Letting your 10 year old brother do your posting for you again, I see.

I understand your wanting to avoid discussing how Polian threw his OL under the bus in a desperate attempt to salvage the legacy and ego of his star QB. It must be difficult accepting that your hero is so delicate...LOL!!!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Maritime - Cutler has definitely shown his childish side and performance is the only way to repair that image.  It has worked for Philip Rivers. 

The bears may not be any better this year, but if Cutler is to redeem himself, he cannot be a part of that mediocrity.  One of the things that I would say he has going against him may also be the thing he has going for him.  Mike Martz. 

New coordinator, different system, 3rd in 3 years.  That's tough.  That said, if he's got his head on straight and if he works with his receivers and backs in the offseason, maybe that can learn this system effectively and it can work for them.  Like TP, Martz thinks he's the greatest.  Just ask them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

TP - who is being immature??

I answered your questions long ago.  I figured they were asked because you wanted to begin a mature discussion on the subject.  In order to do that, one of the things that must be done is for you to provide your opinion of your questions (which have been requested a half-dozen times) so that we may understand our differences and discuss from there.  You resistance to dooing this suggests you want no part of that discussion. 

So be it.  In the future, I will assume that your questions have no basis other than to create a platform from which you can continue with your immature ways.  

Cheers.  Smile

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

"Aren't Sayers, Urlacher, Ditka, Hampton, and Butkis all childish for even getting into any of this. The fact that the other three old timers got into something that had nothing to do with them shows their true colors. That is exactly what happened."

Thanks for the info. that merely gives credence to my opinion of Cutler.
    Ta-ra-ra-goon-dee-aah

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I personally believe the Bears have an underrated receiving corps. Burleson is still overrated. They are career back-ups. Simms may start at guard, only because the Lions have one of the worst OL in football. I meant to write "starter" not "star" but yes I believe as do many others that he is one of the better young LBs in the league. He just happened to play for the Lions so he flies under the radar. It is an unknown if Sheppard is better than anything on the Bears roster. They have two CBs better than Sheppard in Tillman and Bowman. I am not familiar enough with the Bears roster to know who will emerge as their Nickel Corner. I do not need to look at VandenBosch's stats. I personally think he is a very good player. You said 32 is too old. Urlacher is a former DROY, 2005 DPOY, 6 time pro bowler and was considered the best at his position, along with Ray Lewis, for years. Now Patrick Willis has come on as of late but Urlacher when healthy still gets his name thrown around there at the top. Its not that you disagree, its that you argue your point and when I post my rebuttal, that has trumped your arguement and you are defeated, you simply write "So you say." It is the fact that you comment on everything and try and point out people's mistakes but when people have corrected you or put you in your place your response is "agree to disagree" when in fact you are wrong and cannot admit to it. That is what you makes come off as arrogant. The Bears may or may not have a better record then 7-9 this year and personally I do not care. I think if they stay healthy at all the key positions they will be a better team. I know Parcell's old saying "You are what your record says you are." or whatever it is exactly but it is still possible to be a better team and have the same or worse record from year to year. What can you say? You can say that you concede the fact that you do not know everything about the NFL. You can concede the fact that you do not know what is going through Gale Sayers' mind, Brian Urlacher's mind. That you do not know what everyone else on the planet should do or say at any given time.

I concede, oh mighty Maritime.  :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

LOL - TP, you really can't do it.   Pity