Scariest teams for the Pats to play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmatador1225. Show elmatador1225's posts

Scariest teams for the Pats to play

The pats are guarenteed a playoff spot.  Many feel that the Steelers and Ravens are in as well.  Who scares you the most to see in January.  I think that the Steelers are a huge threat in January.  They are always a team that competes, and can play well in the elements of winter.  God willing, if we get to the big game, the falcons, saints, and eagles could be tough to play against.  Hopefully the pats can stay on this roll.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Scariest teams for the Pats to play

No one in the AFC, no one on the NFC north or NFC west. Saints or Giants

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Assuming the PATS get #1 Seed in AFC and all home games.....

In order of Concern:

1. Ravens
    2. Giants
    3. Saints
    4. Steelers

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Kansas City.  GO AHEAD AND LAUGH.  They can run it, pass it, play defense, and they know exactly how we run our offense, what formations to what, how our defense works, what we like to do on both sides.  They have a gread OC and DC, and will not make dumb mistakes.  

Of the rest, Saints.  Giants don't scare me.  It's NOT 2007, we can pass to tight ends, wideouts, running backs, whatever.  Rush is neutralized.  A team that can score with us is the threat from my point of view.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Scariest teams for the Pats to play:
    [QUOTE]Kansas City.  GO AHEAD AND LAUGH.  They can run it, pass it, play defense, and they know exactly how we run our offense, what formations to what, how our defense works, what we like to do on both sides.  They have a gread OC and DC, and will not make dumb mistakes.   Of the rest, Saints.  Giants don't scare me.  It's NOT 2007, we can pass to tight ends, wideouts, running backs, whatever.  Rush is neutralized.  A team that can score with us is the threat from my point of view.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

i agree on kc. they probably know every weakness of bb's d. they probably also know every tendency of tb.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

In Response to Re: Scariest teams for the Pats to play:
    [QUOTE]Kansas City.  GO AHEAD AND LAUGH.  They can run it, pass it, play defense, and they know exactly how we run our offense, what formations to what, how our defense works, what we like to do on both sides.  They have a gread OC and DC, and will not make dumb mistakes.   Of the rest, Saints.  Giants don't scare me.  It's NOT 2007, we can pass to tight ends, wideouts, running backs, whatever.  Rush is neutralized.  A team that can score with us is the threat from my point of view.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    "they know exactly how we run our offense." You mean the guys who left years ago and now we have a totally different offensive style from our SB years and Moss years. By that statement you could also then say that BB knows exactly what the Chiefs are going to do also.

Seriously, this offense has proven no matter what team or scheme you throw at us we can win. This offense is so much better than the one who showed up in Cleveland weeks ago. This defense has also made the big plays to win the game and against some of the best teams in the league we have shut them down. This team knows they still have things to work on and can get better, but we can do almost all the things the 07 team couldn't do. I like this team a lot, sure the Giants and Saints look tough, but we have showed much more consistency and dominance than they have.

I don't want to see the Giants but I know Brady would be motivated, Saints just have a good passing attack but our defense is much better now. Steelers would be looking to get back, but they show no sign of being as good as us. Ravens defense is getting old and Flacco still can't put up huge numbers with his weapons. BB will game plan and the players will execute, doesn't matter who we play as long as we go out prepared and focused.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

1. Saints
          - /> The only other team that can match us for QBs.  Also the only other team that can match us for scoring, with David Thomas and Jeremy Shockey being equal pass-catching threats from the TE position and Colston, Meachem, and Henderson at WR, while Ivory can run and Bush is good in space.  Their defense is still opportunistic and Mike Williams cooks up some aggressive schemes

2. Steelers
          - /> Great LB corps allows them to throw out some exotic looks.  Harrison and Woodley are both threats off the edge while Farrior and Timmons are a great 1-2 punch in the middle.  Polamalu is a missile.  Casey Hampton is the most underrated, unheralded NT in the league and never gets mentioned when people discuss the best DTs (Williamses in Minnesota, Wilfork, Jamal Anderson in SD pre-injury, Kris Jenkins, and Holati Ngata all get mentioned before Hampton does...).  They have no pass-blocking, but Roethlisberger seems to be getting by... they definitely have pass-catching weapons and a decent RB if they can get the blocking.  Their special teams units round them out as one of the most complete teams in the league, kicker aside

3. Giants
          - /> Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs provide a good combo at RB to take pressure off of Eli Manning, who turned the ball over 5 times in a win against the hapless Cowboys.  I think we can confuse Manning.  We would need pass-blocking, though against Tuck, Umenyiora, and Kiwanuka.  Also, Antrelle Rolle and Kenny Phillips form the best safety DUO in the NFL.

4. Chargers
          - /> Imagine if they have the brains to Godfather-offer Bill Cowher and get a decent head coach who understands discipline?  They have boatloads of talent on offense with Rivers leading RBs Matthews & Tolbert along with TE Gates and a bevy of receivers - Jackson, Floyd, and the underrated Legadu Nanee form one of the most complete receiver corps in the NFL top to bottom.  Their defense is fast and Shaun Phillips still gets after QBs even without Merriman across from him.  Their corners have been the real surprise as it seems Quentin Jammer might have been a late bloomer.

5. Ravens
          - /> Their corners are atypically weak, but they still have Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.  Suggs has 10 sacks this year and Haloti Ngata is one of the best NTs in the game.  Boldin was a good addition for their offense and Derrick Mason is a great route-runner and technician.  Heap is still a decent pass-catching threat.  Ray Rice is a piece of sh*t who is single-handedly dragging down my Brady-led fantasy team, but Willis McGahee has shown a penchant for finishing drives that Ray Rice should have been able to finish himself with touchdown scores that my fantasy team misses out on.  Flacco seems to get flustered and I think the Pats would win in a close game or a game where they jumped out to an early lead.

6. Chiefs
          - /> The sleeper threat that doesn't look spectacular on paper, but are dangerous on a deeper level.  They understand how Belichick thinks and they could use it to their advnatage situationally to fool the Pats.  They also understand how Braddy thinks.  Crennel is great at drawing things up to confuse opposing QBs.  Weis knows how to call an offense and he did a good job of protecting a young Brady before our future HOFer was ready to carry the team, so I think he could do the same for a developing Cassel, utilizing Charles and Jones to set up play action to McCluster and Bowe.  Their safety was a top pick and they have that Texas OLB along with Vrabel as the wise veteran presence who understands Crennel's defense.  Nonetheless, I think the Pats would still win just based on far superior talent.  The Pats would have to screw up royal to lose to this Kansas City team that might not even make the playoffs if they don't win out because they essentially forfeited the game against the Chargers.