Schedule

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

Schedule

I was just looking over the schedule for the rest of the season and noticed that for this season the Pats have:

1 Thursday game

1 Monday night game

3 Sunday night games

That makes five of their sixteen games with absolutely no competition.  Add to that where they have 3 late afternoon Sunday games (and are/were probably the featured national game) that makes half of their schedule that most of the nation could see them.  Now add the occassional game in local markets and WOW!

How did they get this many with the Manning-Brees-Rogers-etc. loving, Patriot hating networks?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Re: Schedule

Every team is playing a game on Thursday night this year, I recall reading that earlier. Then I believe the networks with prime time games on Sunday and Monday night (ESPN and CBS) get to cherry pick the game they want to broadcast because they only get the one game each week. Fox (NFC) and NBC (AFC) then switch back and forth between getting 2 Sunday afternoon games or only one, and negotiate which game is broadcast in the higher rated 4:30 slot. The Pats games with Atlanta, Houston and Denver looked like prime matchups when the schedule was released, so those were no brainers for Sunday Night Football, although now the Houston game is not so enticing. I guess ESPN decided that Pats-Carolina was Monday night worthy as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Every team is playing a game on Thursday night this year, I recall reading that earlier. Then I believe the networks with prime time games on Sunday and Monday night (ESPN and CBS) get to cherry pick the game they want to broadcast because they only get the one game each week. Fox (NFC) and NBC (AFC) then switch back and forth between getting 2 Sunday afternoon games or only one, and negotiate which game is broadcast in the higher rated 4:30 slot. The Pats games with Atlanta, Houston and Denver looked like prime matchups when the schedule was released, so those were no brainers for Sunday Night Football, although now the Houston game is not so enticing. I guess ESPN decided that Pats-Carolina was Monday night worthy as well.

[/QUOTE]

The pats have of the possible 60 teams for the combined nights?  Still seems like a lot when it gets to about 1/2 a teams's schedule.

BTW, as the season progresses, the schedule can change further as to prime time games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Wait for the Flex schedule to begin.  I'm sure we can add a few more 4:00 games to the list.