Schefter: Pats Eye OT Winston

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Schefter: Pats Eye OT Winston

Probably isn't as good as Vollmer when Vollmer is healthy, but on the upside he hasn't missed a game in the last 6 years which is when he became a full time starter.  Might be a bit cheaper, but I have to think Vollmer's health issues might knock him down a bit in terms of price.  I find it unlikely that this guy will be that much if any cheaper than SeaBass so I expect him to return.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

I posted this on another thread:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h

Former Chiefs/Texans OT Eric Winston is visiting Dolphins today. Deal could happen. Eagles, Pats, Chargers, Cowboys also interested.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Probably isn't as good as Vollmer when Vollmer is healthy, but on the upside he hasn't missed a game in the last 6 years which is when he became a full time starter.  Might be a bit cheaper, but I have to think Vollmer's health issues might knock him down a bit in terms of price.

Yeah. Could go either way. Also, I wonder what Winston wants at this point. Play with Mike Vick in Philly with a new coach, a rebuild in Miami or with Brady, BB and the Pats for a chance at a ring?

why do you wonder what Winston wants? He wants the money. It isnt going to come from the Pats. Didnt you already make that abundantly clear in our arguement #106?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I believe Winston fell out of favor in K.C. in terms of running his mouth so Im surprised the Pats are interested but even with a clean bill of health, he may be cheaper as Vollmer is the better player. I would welcome him as competition at a reasonable rate, but Ive seen too many no names promoted here to want to pay big money to a tackle

Does this mean you no longer believe Cannon will be the starting RT rusty?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Im the REAL KING. Show Im the REAL KING's posts

Going out on a limb here , But the Vollmer situation seems to be all but done. 

He will be gone. I feel it in the best interrest of the team..

Tired of seeing guys like Chung always being hurt, it's time to break away from the Glass boned players...............Hope to see Gronk and Hernandez on the field for at least a full season together. Time will tell.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I believe Winston fell out of favor in K.C. in terms of running his mouth so Im surprised the Pats are interested but even with a clean bill of health, he may be cheaper as Vollmer is the better player.

Are you referring to when he ripped the fans for cheering Matt Cassel's head injury?  I sincerely doubt the new FO in KC cares about that.  Most likely it's that he excels in a zone-blocking scheme which is not what Reid does.  In addition the top prospects for the #1 pick are tackles.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I believe Winston fell out of favor in K.C. in terms of running his mouth so Im surprised the Pats are interested but even with a clean bill of health, he may be cheaper as Vollmer is the better player.

Are you referring to when he ripped the fans for cheering Matt Cassel's head injury?  I sincerely doubt the new FO in KC cares about that.  Most likely it's that he excels in a zone-blocking scheme which is not what Reid does.  In addition the top prospects for the #1 pick are tackles.

Couldnt find where I read it but I remember it being just normal outspoken locker room stuff. I dont think its the same issue with Cassel which wouldnt make sense, but anyway, just something I remember hearing when he was released. May be nothing...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Dolphins hosting RT Eric Winston Wednesday

Free agent RT Eric Winston is visiting the Dolphins Wednesday.

The Dolphins' plan to replace Jake Long is coming together. Although they'd still have to coach up Jonathan Martin on Ryan Tannehill's blind side, Winston is very capable of handling himself on the right. He's also an asset in the running game -- especially as a zone-blocker. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Eagles, Patriots, Chargers and Cowboys are interested if Winston leaves South Beach without a deal. Note that Matt Winston, Eric's older brother, is a scout in Miami's organization.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

When he was cut by KC I immediately thought he would make a nice fit here, but something tells me he doesn't make it out of Miami without a deal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Given the 'phins need at tackle and their willingness to spend he may very well sign with them.