Schiano's Men - Discord - Rutger Connection

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Schiano's Men - Discord - Rutger Connection

"The players also speak to the influx of multiple Rutgers players from Schiano’s past and the use of the phrase “Schiano Men,” a term that clearly does not apply to Freeman."

Interesting perspective on Bucs' "discord"

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/10/02/josh-freeman-greg-schiano-business/?sct=hp_t2_a1

We got Talib and Blount out of the deal, so, no complaints here.

It is odd that there's a Rutger "connection" w/ Patriots too - between all the Rutger players and BB's son coaching there. Hopefully, there's not an overweighting of reliance w/ these relationships that might compromise the talent pool.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Schiano's Men - Discord - Rutger Connection

Whatever the case... Schiano has really blown it this year.  THe whole Josh Freemen situation is a mess!!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB's "college buddies" approach to GMing is half his problem in getting that job done right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to nyjetsssucc's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Whatever the case... Schiano has really blown it this year.  THe whole Josh Freemen situation is a mess!!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

I agree to some extent...I think Freeman is a sort of headcase who doesn't know how to deal with his own limitations as a player and how that extends to him personally..he hasn't shown an itoa of leadership or grace throughout the last two years...but Sciano also has damaged the team by not moving before this to trade the guy before his value was reduced to nada...it has now devolved into a "lose-lose" situation for both sides

I agree with what you say.

But some very bizarre stories going on... the whole drug test leak, the calling Freeman telling him a meeting is canceled then telling everyone he missed the meeting.. WoW.  Sounds like the coach is pretty looney too unless this is all coming down from the top, which I doubt.  Schiano doesn't strike me as one who would take orders go along with this. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

I think the problem is similar to what Coughlin had with the Giants. Some players like a country club and get used to it, but those players also never win a SB.

If I am Domenik, I stick with Schiano until the QB thing is fixed. It's clear Freeman wasn't putting the time in and Schiao needs his own QB, which will be Glennon for 2013. I think Glennon has looked pretty good and he's a Tom O'Obrien (ex BC coach and ex Marine) recruit.

I am sure you are right about plenty of players like the Country Club atomsphere. However, you also have to be a good coach. The jury is still out on whether Schiano is that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Schiano may be a good college coach..like Saban, but he hasn't proven anything (like Saban) so far in the NFL. Some coaches just can't make the jump, maybe Schiano is one of them. 

What do you say Russ....is BB going to ship Mallett to Schiano for a DT? I'll take McCoy please.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It's a game of inches.

Game 1 at NYJ
    TB kicks a field goal to lead the NYJ 17-15 with 34 seconds remaining. A stupid late hit penalty cost them the game 18-17.

Game 2 vs NO
    TB missed a field goal that would have extended their 14-13 lead with 1:00 remaining. NO went on to win 16-14 with no time remaining.

They could have started 2-0 as easily as the Patriots could have started 0-2.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I think the problem is similar to what Coughlin had with the Giants. Some players like a country club and get used to it, but those players also never win a SB.

If I am Domenik, I stick with Schiano until the QB thing is fixed. It's clear Freeman wasn't putting the time in and Schiao needs his own QB, which will be Glennon for 2013. I think Glennon has looked pretty good and he's a Tom O'Obrien (ex BC coach and ex Marine) recruit.

wth are u talking about? what players on the giants are u talking about? they just won the sb two years ago and 4 yrs before that -surely u remember?-so when did this "country club" take place and what players never win superbowls on their team? nicks? cruz? eli? tuck? diehl?

this ought to be good...

also genius coughlin had to tone down the military bs and rigidity and reach out to the vets most notably strahan or risk losing the team in 07- the result? super bowl 42 title

btw schiano is a joke as a pro coach-will be back in college in two years....if he is not fired for the whole freeman drug mess

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Freeman using drugs ?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20131002/josh-freeman-fine-tampa-bay-buccaneers/?sct=hp_t2_a1&eref=sihp

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

"

The revelation this week that the deposed Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback is in Stage 1 of the NFL's drug program forced Freeman to disclose he has an exemption for medication to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

No one should have to explain himself publicly for a medical issue if he hasn't failed a drug test that resulted in a suspension. In Freeman's case, it's bad for his marketability, too, as he sits on the trading block."

another source. Being treated for ADHD

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/buccaneers/2013/10/02/josh-freeman-tampa-bay-buccaneers-greg-schiano-nfl/2912693/

violation of HIPPA?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Violation of more than HIPPA And the NFL rules... It's well timed and done purposefully. They want freeman out, but don't want to be viewed as the bad guys, or, having picked a bust. This type of info is going to be hard to track to a source..no one loses their job in Tampa except freeman. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You don't want to violate hippa.  That's bad business. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Schiano may be a good college coach..like Saban, but he hasn't proven anything (like Saban) so far in the NFL. Some coaches just can't make the jump, maybe Schiano is one of them. 

What do you say Russ....is BB going to ship Mallett to Schiano for a DT? I'll take McCoy please.

Don't see it now with a BB devleoped QB playing like Hoyer is with more experience. Plus, it's rare for trades to go down within the conference.

Go ahead and dangle a 2nd rd pick to the Giants for DT Linval Joseph.    Vince might want to take him and Vellano under his wing.   NYGs have other contracts to deal with after this season and may just want to save some money at the DT spot moving forward. If not, grab Cullen Jenkins, Shaun Rogers or Mike Patterson on the cheap.   ROgers or Patterson might be extra hungry for a SB run at their ages:

Linval Joseph | Defensive Lineman Team:  New York Giants Age / DOB:   ( 24) / 10/10/1988 Ht / Wt:   6'4' / 323 College:  East Carolina Contract:  view contract details Share:  New York Giants LATEST NEWS RECENT NEWS ESPN New York expects the Giants to prioritize re-signing DT Linval Joseph. It's a bad sign when you're already discussing next year's free agency plans three weeks into the season. The Giants have a few big-name players operating on expiring contracts. Hakeem Nicks and Justin Tuck are the main two. However, Nicks and Tuck haven't played well during the Giants' 0-3 start. Joseph is only 24 years old. He's above average against the run and as a pass rusher. Sep 28 - 11:49 AM Source:  ESPN New York

What are you talking about?  Been Drinking early again?