Scoreboard-gate Put to Bed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Scoreboard-gate Put to Bed

The notion put out by Terrell Suggs that the Raven players were confused on the sidelines because of the incorrect showing of downs and distance to go on the scoreboard, was placed to rest...as the league announced that no investigation would be forthcoming.

In addition, Baltimore coach John Harbaugh stated the following: "We knew what the down and distance were on our last series," he said. "The scoreboard was not a factor for us.  Any suggestion that the wrong down information was a deliberate effort to affect the outcome of the game is nonsense." http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-nfl-wont-investigate-scoreboard-issue-at-end-of-afc-championship-game-20120125,0,2637642.story

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Re: Scoreboard-gate Put to Bed

^^^^^ Trolls

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Well its not put to bed--I wondered how many days it would take for ESPN to bring up the whole cheating thing again. not many Mike & Mike did it more subtlely by asking "is Belichick the greatest coach ever"  which allowed everyone to chime in and say no because of  the cheating. Now skip and that other shouting ding d o n g are screaming about the down and distance being wrong and the Patriots did it deliberately.  My question why didn't the ref see it and correct it.

omg can't use the word d o n g

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

The coaches can ask the ref to get the scoreboard corrected without taking a timeout.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sbruce9. Show sbruce9's posts

I understand why the media puts this kind of crap out there.  They make money off of stirring up controversy.  Why fans would believe any of this actually impacts the game is beyond me.  Either they are completely delusional, they are missing some brain cells, or a combination of the two.  It's pretty pathetic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: Scoreboard-gate Put to Bed": [QUOTE]I have more resoecty for Harbaugh for publicly saying something.  Most coaches let this "cheating" garbage fester like jerks. Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE] Harbaugh better say that; he got the coaching job partly due to excellent recommendations from BB to ravnes owner

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

suggs and pollard should wear muzzles!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

You didn't hear Golic mention the cheating as a reason why many people don't think Belichick is the greatest coach ever.  and he said it because it had been brought up earlier.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In Response to Re: Scoreboard-gate Put to Bed:
    [QUOTE]No, he must have mentioned it afterwards. I didn't hear that. Even Greenberg said it's better to go to 5 SBs than only go to 4 when Golic said BB is 4-1 in SBs. Greenberg is correct. Some duck lucky throw and catch doesn't really put a smear onto the BB coaching resume. Sort of a dumb premise. If you go to 5 SBs as a coach, that's insane, especially as a head coach in this era.  BB is going to his 8th SB for cyring out loud!  3 as a Def Coordinator, 5 as head coach. That's just sick. No one in the history of the league has coached in 8 championship games except for Paul Brown as head coach, but we know the league back then isn't remotely close to the degree of difficulty today. And when Bill Cowher tells the entire world he did what BB did, amongst other former coaches, some HOF coaches, there is no way on earth you can cherrypick that being used against the resume of the best coach in NFL history and the best GM in the cap era. It just screams like you have an agenda or are ordered to keep that angle going as part of being an employee in the media. Unless ESPN does an expose with how the Denver Broncos cheated the cap in 1997 and 1998 by signing and keeping like 4-6 important All Pro players by falsifying Elway and Terrell Davis's real contracts, I dont' want to hear another word about it. Denver had an advantage no other NFL teams have ever had and in those seasons, they had 16 game+ advantages by sneaking around with financials in order to improve a pass rush (Neil Smith) and Special Teams in particular Darien Gordon).  They also were able to add small components to weak spots on the roster with this as well.  Howard Griffith was a great FB they added from Carolina who helped Terrell Davis. They overpaid Ray Crockeet in 1995 and then kept him on board, too. Keith Traylor was another one.  And Mark Schelreth played on these teams! And he sits there subtly referencing this crap from time to time?  Gee, I wonder if Denver could have afforded you, Mark, even they didn't cheat their balls off hiding financials from the NFL? The lies and shaping/framing of what cheating is and what NE did with a drippy video intern to mock Manboobs in 2007 vs ignoring what Denver did to the point not one NFL fan really knows about it is a fascinating study with how stupid our society is. They think all facts and reality is a click on an internet page. This is ridiculous. Kraft needs to put the hammer down. I feel if he had sued the Herald, winning that slam dunk case, ESPN and others wouldn't be doing this.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Good one RWTK.  I agree with you on all counts here especially on Mark Schelreth.  The hypocrisy of most of these talking heads is terrible yet they continue to perform in this manner totally unchallenged.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Scoreboard-gate Put to Bed:
    [QUOTE]No, he must have mentioned it afterwards. I didn't hear that. Even Greenberg said it's better to go to 5 SBs than only go to 4 when Golic said BB is 4-1 in SBs. Greenberg is correct. Some duck lucky throw and catch doesn't really put a smear onto the BB coaching resume. Sort of a dumb premise. If you go to 5 SBs as a coach, that's insane, especially as a head coach in this era.  BB is going to his 8th SB for cyring out loud!  3 as a Def Coordinator, 5 as head coach. That's just sick. No one in the history of the league has coached in 8 championship games except for Paul Brown as head coach, but we know the league back then isn't remotely close to the degree of difficulty today. And when Bill Cowher tells the entire world he did what BB did, amongst other former coaches, some HOF coaches, there is no way on earth you can cherrypick that being used against the resume of the best coach in NFL history and the best GM in the cap era. It just screams like you have an agenda or are ordered to keep that angle going as part of being an employee in the media. Unless ESPN does an expose with how the Denver Broncos cheated the cap in 1997 and 1998 by signing and keeping like 4-6 important All Pro players by falsifying Elway and Terrell Davis's real contracts, I dont' want to hear another word about it. Denver had an advantage no other NFL teams have ever had and in those seasons, they had 16 game+ advantages by sneaking around with financials in order to improve a pass rush (Neil Smith) and Special Teams in particular Darien Gordon).  They also were able to add small components to weak spots on the roster with this as well.  Howard Griffith was a great FB they added from Carolina who helped Terrell Davis. They overpaid Ray Crockeet in 1995 and then kept him on board, too. Keith Traylor was another one.  And Mark Schelreth played on these teams! And he sits there subtly referencing this crap from time to time?  Gee, I wonder if Denver could have afforded you, Mark, even they didn't cheat their balls off hiding financials from the NFL? The lies and shaping/framing of what cheating is and what NE did with a drippy video intern to mock Manboobs in 2007 vs ignoring what Denver did to the point not one NFL fan really knows about it is a fascinating study with how stupid our society is. They think all facts and reality is a click on an internet page. This is ridiculous. Kraft needs to put the hammer down. I feel if he had sued the Herald, winning that slam dunk case, ESPN and others wouldn't be doing this.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

The whole "cheating/spygate" think was a concoction of the NY media, because their poor little Jetsies were getting manhandled, year after year, by the Patriots.

Then, with the Giants in the SB to challenge the 18-0 Patriots, the NY media concocted "spygate II", with the aid of useful idiots, Arlen Specter, and the justifiably despised John Tomase. They released the latest wad of BS on the eve of the game, timing it for affect, to distract BB, and the Patriots. 

Expect a rehashing of this throughout the next 10 days, leading up to the game. Don't be surprised if these sophisticated bums drudge up more mud to toss on the Pats on the eve of the game.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Hate is ineveitable when you are the best team in your sport.  Look at the hate for the Yankees and it's not just NE, it's all over.  I have been away from NE for 30+ years and if you are not a Yankee Fan you Hate them for their success.  I use to hate the Cowboy when they were winning in the 90's, I could care less about them these day.  So let them hate, but all know it's BS. 

I hope you are right and they use it as motivation and put a beat down on the Giants it will be good for our souls!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonHa. Show DonHa's posts

The media wants to talk about the score board being wrong but not a word about Smith draging McCourty down the field by his faskmask. I guess thats part of being a pat fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

We need a new name for this scoreboard thing.  Gate has been over used.  Since the Ravens didn't know the Down and yardage, can we call it Down Syndrome or is that insensitive to the Ravens?