Seau to return to Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waltham781. Show Waltham781's posts

Seau to return to Pats

Seau will be signed this week

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

Re: Seau to return to Pats

hmm seems a little early, but ok. who gets cut to make roster space? galloway? yes, that seems right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Seau to return to Pats:
    [QUOTE]Seau will be signed this week
    Posted by Waltham781[/QUOTE]
    Is this your personal prediction or do you have some actual basis in fact for making this statement?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waltham781. Show Waltham781's posts

In Response to Re: Seau to return to Pats:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Seau to return to Pats : Is this your personal prediction or do you have some actual basis in fact for making this statement?
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

its on boston.com....espn's adam scheffter(sp?) via twitter

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waltham781. Show Waltham781's posts

In Response to Re: Seau to return to Pats:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seau to return to Pats : its on boston.com....espn's adam scheffter(sp?) via twitter
    Posted by Waltham781[/QUOTE]

< Back to front page Text size +

Report: Seau to return to Patriots

Posted by Christopher L. Gasper, Globe Staff October 4, 2009 09:54 PM

FOXBOROUGH -- According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Patriots are expected to sign Junior Seau this week. Schefter put a post on his Twitter page last night that read:

"Some stories and players never get old. Barring unforeseen, Patriots are expected to sign veteran 40-year-old LB Junior Seau this week."

Seau was in town last week for his new Versus show, "Sports Jobs with Junior Seau." He was coy in an interview with the Globe last Friday, when asked about a comeback.

Seau, who came out of pseudo-retirement last year to play the final four games of the season for the Patriots, had said in a radio interview earlier this year that he could only give a team six games this year.

"The Pats are the team I'll answer a call for and the only team," Seau said on Friday. "You and I both know the reason being is the relationship between [Bill] Belichick and I. Belichick if he does call, he doesn't call anyone without having a plan, and for me I believe in what he does, that's No. 1. No. 2, I know the system, so if I'm every going to stick my neck out there in the gridiron I know that I have to have a chance to succeed, not only for myself but for the team and for the city."

Seau said that he and Belichick had chatted, but about surfing and not a return to the team