Sebastian Vollmer

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Re: Sebastian Vollmer

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Nice to have him back. A lot of people want more FA's here.

It will be interesting to see the numbers, not sure how much more the Pats can spend.

I would be surprised if,after this deal, they have much more than 3-4million left.  They only had 6-7 Available prior to SV for fa's.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Very pleased with the signing. I wasn't thrilled with the idea of Cannon, and I understood Miami and Philly hard on Vollmer. I am hearing some of the guarantee is tied into number of snaps played, so the assumption is this is a favorable deal  for the Pats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Very pleased with the signing. I wasn't thrilled with the idea of Cannon, and I understood Miami and Philly hard on Vollmer. I am hearing some of the guarantee is tied into number of snaps played, so the assumption is this is a favorable deal  for the Pats.

That would be ideal. More $ to utilize on other 3-4 needs outside of draft.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Very nice!   Glad vollmer is here!   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Nice to have him back. A lot of people want more FA's here.

It will be interesting to see the numbers, not sure how much more the Pats can spend.

I would be surprised if,after this deal, they have much more than 3-4million left.  They only had 6-7 Available prior to SV for fa's.  

They can cut Gregory and Gostkowski and save like 6 million.  Just run the numbers again and see if someone like Vince might restructure, too. BB ain't messing around.

Agreed. this could get very exciting the next month or so!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

The fact it is a four year deal means they can manipulate the cap hit pretty easily. I am guessing it will include a fairly sizeable guaratee/signing bonus with small salaries in the first two years like the arrington deal. I would also guess the yearly guaranteed money is no more than 5M/yr, maybe as high as 6M.

I think this probably leaves them with 11-12M minus rookie/reserve money of 5-7M, so maybe 5M left to use for FAs. That could be 2-5 additional FAs. Suspect Abraham is 1.5-2M, Edelman is probably 1-1.5M (woodhead money), and most others are going to be 800K-1M. A high rated CB is unlikely except for maybe a winfield type in his mid-thirties.

I like Spikes, but with Hightower draft wonder if a two down LB like Spikes will be chased next year. I could even see him as trade bait this year.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I would assume Vollmer signed for 4/$21-25 with $8-12 guaranteed void able $$$ based on snap count. I would assume anywhere between $2-.3.5 cap hit in year 1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Before Vollmer they were roughly at $107.9 mill.

Glad to see Vollmer back, now have the entire starting line back for the season.

Still need a good WR, hopefully one who can provide a deeper threat, CB, DL

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I would assume Vollmer signed for 4/$21-25 with $8-12 guaranteed void able $$$ based on snap count. I would assume anywhere between $2-.3.5 cap hit in year 1

Your assumptions are also awful, so we know what those usually mean.

You thought Buffalo overpaying for Leodis McKelvin as a 1st rd bust in Buffalo to play nickel would mean BB would overpay Arrington as the 2nd ranked nickel in the NFL last year here.

Lets see what the numbers are for Vollmer. I am thinking I am correct as usual.

you were wrong on the numbers for Reed and AWilson, also as usual

BB did overpay for Arrington, again making you wrong, as usual

Fact is, I didn't speculate on what Arrington would get paid. I posted speculation by FYates. You called him a hack, but he was spot on.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

You do not have an understanding on Arringtons contract. That is very obvious. If you review his contract and have a 5 th grade math education, you would see you are wrong. Look at the numbers

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Before Vollmer they were roughly at $107.9 mill.

Glad to see Vollmer back, now have the entire starting line back for the season.

Still need a good WR, hopefully one who can provide a deeper threat, CB, DL

Vollmer was willing to work with BB as was Arrington and even Talib.  Truth hurts. Welker wanted to get paid and didn't.

You have to put the ring first, even if slightly ahead of the paycheck.

Just curious, do we have Vollmers numbers yet?

LOL at Arrington willing to work with the Pats.  The dude got over paid!! He wouldn't have gone anywhere else and received nearly the amount the Pats paid to him.

And Talib hasn't proved himself yet, doesn't deserve to get paid. Don't know what other teams offered him.

Just another pathetic Rusty post.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You've turned into quite the troll the last 10 days or so, wouldn't you say? 

Just calling you out on all the lies and garbage you spew HERE!  Felt it was time to take a stand and expose all your nonsense!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

What is a "spew year"?

Fixed it for ya!  Thanks, Mr. Spelling Policeman!!  Maybe instead of wasting time on correcting peoples spelling you should spend your time on getting your football facts straight.  Not all of us a pro typing keyboard warriors like you!! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Here is what I show as Arrington's contract.. Is this correct?

25. This post has been removed.