Secondary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

Secondary

If Ras I Dowling comes back healthy and maximizes his potential and Dennard keeps improving plus Talib stays. Our secondary could become a slight strength maybe. Who plays the slot with all three of these guys on D. Devin Mccourty is a great safety and Tavon can improve and cover tight ends and blitz occasionaly, we will have a great D. Only thing we need is Myron Pryor healthy and another pass rusher we will be set.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Secondary

The Patriots rolled the dice on Dowling and it looks like he's continuing his injury prone ways in the NFL.  I wouldn't count on him. 

God only knows on Tavon.  Hopefully he'll be a worthy addition.  It's hard to tell with the secondary problems the Pats are having. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to Mooney12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Ras I Dowling comes back healthy and maximizes his potential and Dennard keeps improving plus Talib stays. Our secondary could become a slight strength maybe. Who plays the slot with all three of these guys on D. Devin Mccourty is a great safety and Tavon can improve and cover tight ends and blitz occasionaly, we will have a great D. Only thing we need is Myron Pryor healthy and another pass rusher we will be set.

[/QUOTE] Mc great safety ???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Patriots rolled the dice on Dowling and it looks like he's continuing his injury prone ways in the NFL.  I wouldn't count on him. 

God only knows on Tavon.  Hopefully he'll be a worthy addition.  It's hard to tell with the secondary problems the Pats are having. 

[/QUOTE]

It's too bad because the kid (Dowling) does have the ability to be a very good NFL corner.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

yeah I am really disappointed in Ras-I. I expected big things from him, he got off to a real good start his rookie year, but definitely fell out of favor this year before getting injured. Feel like next year is make or break for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm inclined to agree on Dowling.  I, too, had high hopes for him.  I also agree that, if the stars align, this could be a very good secondary.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I doubt Dowling makes the team next year if Talib gets resigned, but I hope all the best for the guy. With Talib on the team, he has a chance to learn from someone with almost an identical style of play, body mass and all so I hope he comes back healthy and he's asking Aquib everything. 

Hopefully Dennard gets better next season, McCourty gets bigger at safety so that he can be more of a force when it comes to tackling and if Arrington's play improves that he is resigned to a team friendly deal (not the 3 million he's being paid now) our secondary is workable. I'd still like to keep Chung because I believe he's more disciplined that both Gregory, Wilson and Ebner combined, but hey, more teams will pay more money than most New England fans think. 

Talib, Dennard, Arrington at CB are the best CB tandem we've fielded since 2004. McCourty is a damn good deep safety, easily top 10 FS right now and vastly improving. If Chung find the field and make some play we'll have the best safety tandem since 2003. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hey mooney, all

id say we need a wilfork like dt in the draft (ie jenkins), a jones like or better de in the draft (ie ansah), an c/g who can win in the pass and run blocking consistently (ie barrett jones , frederick or other)

a very good fa safety, fa receiver who can get separation on the outside, and maybe a fa vollmer replacement (his back-maybe jake long).

yes if dowling could stay helathy that would be nice to see, after 2 years and 2 irs, teh last for a "thigh", will bb give him one more chance. it might be worth looking for a replacement. we'll see.

and id have re-upped talib after his first game before he thinks he can play well adn make big money anywhere (when we got him, he was glad he was still in the league)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yeah I am really disappointed in Ras-I. I expected big things from him, he got off to a real good start his rookie year, but definitely fell out of favor this year before getting injured. Feel like next year is make or break for him.

[/QUOTE]

dowling was the guy i was looking at at cb for us on the draft thread before the draft 2 years ago (IF HE CHECKED OUT PHYSICALLY FOR BB, IE BB THOUGHT HE WOULD HOLD UP AND THAT HIS LITTL EINJURIES AND 1 BIG ONE WERE NOT EMBELMATIC!)

apparetnly he checked out for bb, but we will see if that was a mistake. its iffy for me whether to move on from him, certianly i wouldnt count on him which may mean needing a corner in fa in offseason.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I doubt Dowling makes the team next year if Talib gets resigned, but I hope all the best for the guy. With Talib on the team, he has a chance to learn from someone with almost an identical style of play, body mass and all so I hope he comes back healthy and he's asking Aquib everything. 

Hopefully Dennard gets better next season, McCourty gets bigger at safety so that he can be more of a force when it comes to tackling and if Arrington's play improves that he is resigned to a team friendly deal (not the 3 million he's being paid now) our secondary is workable. I'd still like to keep Chung because I believe he's more disciplined that both Gregory, Wilson and Ebner combined, but hey, more teams will pay more money than most New England fans think. 

Talib, Dennard, Arrington at CB are the best CB tandem we've fielded since 2004. McCourty is a damn good deep safety, easily top 10 FS right now and vastly improving. If Chung find the field and make some play we'll have the best safety tandem since 2003. 

[/QUOTE]

chung is too weak in coverage. not even mentioning his injury prone-ness.

might be wise to let him go. 

given his years he may warrant a lot more than hes worth.

very safety has to be abel to cover in the current nfl.

moving mccourty to safety has been something ive been saying over a year (to huge outcry here). not too many shouting down the move now or calling bb crazy or stupid for doing it [as they did me])

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hey mooney, all

id say we need a wilfork like dt in the draft (ie jenkins), a jones like or better de in the draft (ie ansah), an c/g who can win in the pass and run blocking consistently (ie barrett jones , frederick or other)

a very good fa safety, fa receiver who can get separation on the outside, and maybe a fa vollmer replacement (his back-maybe jake long).

yes if dowling could stay helathy that would be nice to see, after 2 years and 2 irs, teh last for a "thigh", will bb give him one more chance. it might be worth looking for a replacement. we'll see.

and id have re-upped talib after his first game before he thinks he can play well adn make big money anywhere (when we got him, he was glad he was still in the league)

[/QUOTE]

I would hate for the Patriots to draft a DE next year, we just drafted Bequette and I want him to play along side Chandler. I do agree though, we need someone to help out Vince as he gets older. 

Not sure we need another safety, especially since we have two rookies, and Chung at the position. Would like to see either Wilson or Ebner develop and take the job, would be nice to have Chung another year to keep their seats warm. 

We also don't need another OT, if Vollmer walks, which I hope he doesn't, we have Cannon in the waiting. Cannon's play has gotten a lot better this year. 

I don't think we need another deep threat, I know everyone wanted Randy Moss when we got Lloyd, but Lloyd is every bit the deep threat we wanted. He commands the opposing team's best CB and sometimes he even demands safety help. He's no scrub. 

My wishlist is simple: a DT  and  resign Talib and we'll be set. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hey mooney, all

[/QUOTE]

I would hate for the Patriots to draft a DE next year, we just drafted Bequette and I want him to play along side Chandler. I do agree though, we need someone to help out Vince as he gets older. 

Not sure we need another safety, especially since we have two rookies, and Chung at the position. Would like to see either Wilson or Ebner develop and take the job, would be nice to have Chung another year to keep their seats warm. 

We also don't need another OT, if Vollmer walks, which I hope he doesn't, we have Cannon in the waiting. Cannon's play has gotten a lot better this year. 

I don't think we need another deep threat, I know everyone wanted Randy Moss when we got Lloyd, but Lloyd is every bit the deep threat we wanted. He commands the opposing team's best CB and sometimes he even demands safety help. He's no scrub. 

[/QUOTE]

49, chungs contract is up. we aretn going to get him for a year or cheap. we have $ decisiosn to make. i dont think chung willbe worth the $.

id love to see ebner devcelop into a good safety. he years behind in football experience. to hope it happens by next year. im building a super bowl winning team. i dont know trhat wilson is good enough right now. so id i could id get a very good safety.

bequette cannot even play well enough to rush on 3rd down (unless everyone is hurt). i would not count on him to be a 3 down pass rusher who can also stop the pass.

its not jsut a deep threat its and outside wr that can get separation. lloyd can catch, but cannnot get separation, therefore he is no threat,. an outside wr who can will make it easier to run effectively and tgo hit gronk, hern and welker.

lastly oour o line is not stout enough to run adn pass block consistently agaisint better lines. so thats why i have the playre there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

hey mooney, all

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

49, chungs contract is up. we aretn going to get him for a year or cheap. we have $ decisiosn to make. i dont think chung willbe worth the $.

id love to see ebner devcelop into a good safety. he years behind in football experience. to hope it happens by next year. im building a super bowl winning team. i dont know trhat wilson is good enough right now. so id i could id get a very good safety.

bequette cannot even play well enough to rush on 3rd down (unless everyone is hurt). i would not count on him to be a 3 down pass rusher who can also stop the pass.

its not jsut a deep threat its and outside wr that can get separation. lloyd can catch, but cannnot get separation, therefore he is no threat,. an outside wr who can will make it easier to run effectively and tgo hit gronk, hern and welker.

lastly oour o line is not stout enough to run adn pass block consistently agaisint better lines. so thats why i have the playre there.

[/QUOTE]

First of all, you need to lay off Chung, you keep saying he's not good in coverage, but he's better than average. He's better than Gregory, too. Chung's weakness comes from man coverage, he's a stout run defender and a very intelligent Safety. If Chung comes back at his current contract level, BB would lock him up instantly. 

Give up on Ebner, if he ever becomes a starter in the NFL it won't be in a year. Wilson is different, he only needs to learn how to read offenses better and he could be a workable safety. He already has a nose for the ball and has great playmaker ability, but he's not very disciplined. An offseason of film study with Rodney or Devin McCourty and Wilson will be ready to go. 

On Bequette, I lost hope in him, instantly after watching, on a week to week basis, Ninkovich stink up the joint. If you can't beat out Ninkovich, I don't know what to tell you. I don't see a bright future for you. That's like Jonathan Wilhite keeping you off the field as a CB (See Darius Butler), but people believe in him. I'd try to get Dwight Freeny, but he's going to cost an arm and a leg. 

The outside WR is a pipe dream, you guys think if Brady wanted a deep threat BB would be against it? Clearly Brady like small, posessions and great route runners. His weakness is THROWING THE DEEP BALL (BABE!!!). He doens't like going deep, plus, I don't think Welker will be here next year unless he's taking a team friendly deal. 

Our OL is fine, our problem has been injuries. Logan and Seabastian both came into the season injured. This is Nate's first season as a starter so he'll get better as time goes on and Connolly is playing a new position. The only OL position I can think of drafting or signing for is the Center position. 

Either way, I don't see nearly as many holes in the team as you do. I see a SB winning team with a couple of missing pieces that would make them virtually unstoppable, but not nearly as many needs as you. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

assuming you are talking about next year and I honestly wouldnt include Ras in the mix until he makes it past training camp in good health.  He has been a mystery here. Starts first 2 games a rookie and goes on I/R. then comes back in the doghouse next year with healthy scratched until he was needed to fill in at LB to cover the RB in one game and then played again and got hurt so I dont know if  they like him anymore...Have to gauge our CBs week to week unfortunately so I dont know if I can projest anything , not even Talib or Dennard for that matter(legal troubles done?) so we could have a brand new starting tandem at Cb next year if you ask me,,  smh

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Ebner = the New Chung

Wilson played much better here than Chung and he was shown the door after his contract and never got any real money so I would say the same for Chung, esp after his injuries the last 2 season...cant pay a guy who doesnt play. I wish him the best though,. In the NFC that is...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Kyle Arrington is a good slot cover corner! Why would we let him go? He held Devon Bess last week to 6 yards on only one catch, a guy that has hurt us in the past. Yes he is not a good corner on the outside but he is dependable on the slot. Plus he is best coming foward and making tackles, and last week he led the team in tackles. For instance Vince Wilfork wouldn't be a very good 4-3 DE, yes hes still on the line but its not his position. Thats what happens when you need players to play spots that are not their position. Why write off a player who plays hard and the right way and is dependable at HIS POSITION?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ebner = the New Chung

Wilson played much better here than Chung and he was shown the door after his contract and never got any real money so I would say the same for Chung, esp after his injuries the last 2 season...cant pay a guy who doesnt play. I wish him the best though,. In the NFC that is...

[/QUOTE]

Enber is the new Chung? Don't disrespect Chung like that, Ebner only tackles. He can't read, he can't man up, he's not disciplined, he's nothing but a tackler. Again, Chung is an above average safety in the NFL, Ebner is a bad safety because he's so raw. 

And are you talking about Eugene Wilson? Because I Eugene was not nearly the player Patrick Chung is. 

Don't know what's with all the Chung hate, but just because you have one bad game it doesn't mean you're the worst player ever. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to maine12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kyle Arrington is a good slot cover corner! Why would we let him go? He held Devon Bess last week to 6 yards on only one catch, a guy that has hurt us in the past. Yes he is not a good corner on the outside but he is dependable on the slot. Plus he is best coming foward and making tackles, and last week he led the team in tackles. For instance Vince Wilfork wouldn't be a very good 4-3 DE, yes hes still on the line but its not his position. Thats what happens when you need players to play spots that are not their position. Why write off a player who plays hard and the right way and is dependable at HIS POSITION?

[/QUOTE]

I don't know who said let Arrington go, but Wifork doesn't play 4-3 DE. Wilfork plays DT/NT.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know who said let Arrington go, but Wifork doesn't play 4-3 DE. Wilfork plays DT/NT.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ebner = the New Chung

[/QUOTE]

Enber is the new Chung? Don't disrespect Chung like that, Ebner only tackles. He can't read, he can't man up, he's not disciplined, he's nothing but a tackler. Again, Chung is an above average safety in the NFL, Ebner is a bad safety because he's so raw. 

And are you talking about Eugene Wilson? Because I Eugene was not nearly the player Patrick Chung is. 

Don't know what's with all the Chung hate, but just because you have one bad game it doesn't mean you're the worst player ever. 

[/QUOTE]

Listen, I have supported Chung from day 1 and loved the pic coming out, even scouted him. The thing is I have to grade him yearly. Since his 2010 year what has he done??  He is about to finish a 2 year span where he MAY Play a total of like 10- 12 games, and add to that , he hasnt made ANY Plays this year when on the field and last year gave up the game winning catch on his side to lose the SB, the guy hasnt done much lately. I know he is better than Wilson, the comparison is because BB doesnt sign many rookies after their 1st contract unless you are a Brady, Wilfork,(franchise players or a Nink, J.Sanders type (hard working, dependable guys who play for cheap) then you dont get re-signed. Its not hard to figure out. Go down the list 49. I once wanted him re-signed but what sense would that make?? Didnt everyone here clown S.D. for picking up B.Sanders??  So why would be pay a guy even more in the same situation with a less stellar career. Just take your bias out the equation and look at BBs history and Kiss Chung goodbye or wager on it. Its not debatable, its the BB system.

as far as Ebner, I never said anything about how good he is. He isnt anything right now, but im projecting he will play next year after an offseason or why did they draft him? What he looks like once he plays is anyones guess but he will have a roster spot next year and Chung wont. Bet on it

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ebner = the New Chung

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Also, I did say that Chung was a better player then Wilson than I had to check myself. Chung SHOULD have been a better player than Wilson seeing as he was drafted as a safety and Wilson a CB thrown into the fire. Lets look at stats first. In a 4 year period from rookie to 4th year.

Wilson Compiled 159 tackles, 32 Pass Deflections, 14 INT's and 3 Forced Fumbles while playing a big role in 2 CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS and made many impact plays in the Playoffs, namely knocking out Any Colts recievers.

Chung as compiled 153 tackles,. 16  Pass deflections, 5 Int's and NO forced Fumbles while being known for 2 things in the playoffs. Calling his own fake punt in 10' vs the Jets helping to a loss and getting burned by Eli in the Sb to win the game and let me remind u again, Wilson was not even offered a contract.

So to me, Chung may have more talent but he obviously has UNDER achieved here in contrast to others so care to make that wager??    Cmon dude...  and I thought Wilson was pretty bad once Rodney left but noone will remember Chung if his career ended now. Cant say the same for a winner like Wilson

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Im just replying to the orignal post that excluded Arrington. Thats my point, Wilfork is a DT and we shouldnt ask him to play DE because that would put him out of position just like Arrington playing the outside as a CB.