SERIOUS QUESTION...Who are the Patriots Strength-Conditioning Coaches and should they get new ones?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

SERIOUS QUESTION...Who are the Patriots Strength-Conditioning Coaches and should they get new ones?

Now I know EVERY team has their Player health issues, but are the Patriots in need of new Strength and Conditioning Caoches? Who ar e these guys and why does it seem the Patriot players are only 2 or 3 down guys? I could be wrong here but Nutrition, Proper Physical conditioning and the right exercise these players should have much better conditioning. I know Big V is fat and he can move fast, but I just think a little less tonage would make him stronger and more durable, Brady is a walking bean pole and Belichick needs new cloths. I dont know I could be wrong here but in my Ninja training days I could leap 30 feet without getting outta breath, these guys just seem way to far outta condition, could more stretching and maybe Richard Simmons be the answer? Help me out here guys please......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION...Who are the Patriots Strength-Conditioning Coaches and should they get new ones?

In Response to SERIOUS QUESTION...Who are the Patriots Strength-Conditioning Coaches and should they get new ones?:
    Now I know EVERY team has their Player health issues, but are the Patriots in need of new Strength and Conditioning Caoches? Who ar e these guys and why does it seem the Patriot players are only 2 or 3 down guys? I could be wrong here but Nutrition, Proper Physical conditioning and the right exercise these players should have much better conditioning. I know Big V is fat and he can move fast, but I just think a little less tonage would make him stronger and more durable, Brady is a walking bean pole and Belichick needs new cloths. I dont know I could be wrong here but in my Ninja training days I could leap 30 feet without getting outta breath, these guys just seem way to far outta condition, could more stretching and maybe Richard Simmons be the answer? Help me out here guys please......
    Posted by Stompper

legit question.  in the last 9 years the pats have led the league in different starters due to injury 4 times.  luckily twice they won super bowls.  03 the pats had 44 different starters which led the league.  04 it was 42.

Another way to look at it is when your team is so successful your season is longer and offseason is shorter so over a span of 10 years the pats have played quite a few more games then other teams

also we were an aging team and with age comes injuries.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION...Who are the Patriots Strength-Conditioning Coaches and should they get new ones?

I've heard internal rave reviews of these guys.

Star players train for longevity on the field.  It hurts the team to lose them.  Fringe players train for speed and strength but not for longevity.  More speed helps the team, but it only slightly hurts the team to lose these JAGs, another guy steps up for the next play, and another JAG can be picked up off of waivers. 

I see lots of fringe players getting injured for the Patriots, but rarely do their star players get injured badly.  Wes Welker's was a freak accident caused by stupid turf in Houston.  Brady was on the field for seven seasons straight without a miss.

In general, the strength and conditioning coaches of a 16-0 team can't be completely bad.  BB's teams have not been below 10-6 since 2001.

The Pats have this image of being an "aging team" only because people concentrate on their past championships.  The team actually carries an inordinate number of high draft choices learning the ropes:  four second rounders and two third rounders from last year, and a projected three second rounders this April (that number can change fast).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Stompper Im not sure what your talking about...I dont think you know what your talking about either. Who are these guys that come off the field and only play 2-3 downs. BTW after 3 downs most of your D is suppose to come off the field and let others play...their called special teams.(LOL next week we can go over adverbs and pro-nouns class) Please name them besides big Vince? And its pretty simple and clear why he comes off the field on 3rd down. Most of the time its a passing down when he comes off and Vince's best asset is his ability to stop the run. So they take him out to try and get more pressure on the QB , whats the big deal?  And again who are these players that are 2-3 down guys? Im not sure if you know this , but most players have their own trainers , regiments , philosophy etc. They train with the PATS coaches during training camp and the season. Some will train with them all year , but most dont. And as far as Brady's concerned hes as tough as they come , are you kidding me? Hurt , injured , whatever the guy is in there , last year he played with broken ribs and for jezzys sake they guy has has a "hurt" shoulder for 9 years LOL. Moss played almost the entire year with a freakin seperated shoulder and a bad back. And Gridlocked the fact that we disappeared in the second half had little to do with our "conditioning" and more to do with us su cking. We couldnt make adjustments and when we did we couldnt capitalize on them because we didnt have the players to execute them. Also the PATS were extremely predictable on both sides of the ball and teams did to us what we used to do to them. Kind of like what some great boxers , mostly counter punchers do , see what you got , what your game plan is for the first couple rounds or first two quarters. They figure out what you want to do , what your game plan is and they attack your holes and weakness. Most of the time this year teams didnt even have to wait until halftime , you dont have to be Lombardi to know what we want to do. I mean on O we only have one real , legitimate scoring threat. Double Randy with your best corner and keep a S over the top and you pretty much stop our O. Seriously who else are you scared of? We have no running game at all , no tight end , and Im sorry I know everyone loves that lil' dirtdog WW , but teams gave him underneath ALL DAY! Nobody gameplans to stop him , their all to happy with him catching 10 yard bubble screens because as good as he is , he just doesnt get into the end zone. Really there you go , thats are O , LOL its a joke. And our D is just as bad. We didnt have the players to run the two gap scheme this year and suffered for it. We had no-one to fill Seys shoes at the 5 technique so teams ran at his side all year. We had nobody to rush the passer , just no good players for a pass rush and no pure pass rushers. Take LaMarr Woodley for example , great player , but lets be honest , hes a pure pass rusher and an OLB in name only. Hes a small DE that really can only attack the QB. Im not trying to knock him , just being honest from what I see. Conversely Cushing can rush the passer and plays the run well. We also need a ILB as bad as a OLB. The play at that position was terrible. We were slow , ineffective , did a bad job at diagnosing and reading plays and a terrible job tackling and wrapping up. LOL and Ive read on here from a couple different post/thread that we set , we're ok and stacked at the S position. Im sorry , but if you think that then you really have no freakin clue/idea about football and how its suppose to be played. Meriweather took 10 steps back , he made a couple athletic plays because hes an athletic player , thats it. He gave up way more than he made. He couldnt read/diagnose any plays all year , couldnt tackle and when he did get there he didnt wrap up. The angles he took on guys were putrid and please , it wasnt just the last Ravens game , it was all year. Like I said he made a couple nice plays because hes an athlete. Listen Im actaully a fan of his and was hoping for a big year for him , but was extremely disappointed from what I saw. Hey I hope he comes back , but he had a very bad year. McGowan was pretty good the first half , butstill gave up easy plays. Most of them were misjudgments in the passing game , although he made a couple bad attempts at tackling also. And faded quick and wasnt good enough the second half. I like Sanders , but he still needs some real work.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

In Response to Re: SERIOUS QUESTION...Who are the Patriots Strength-Conditioning Coaches and should they get new ones?:
    The Pats used to be the best conditioned team in football. They won by wearing the other team down and playing four quarters of tough smash mouth football.   The Pats are the ones worn down now. They disappear in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Thats not open to debate. We see it and it gets commented on by the broadcasters who see it. Statistics show it also.
    Posted by gridlocked

I  agree with your post.  This year the Pats were able to take the lead in thr first half, sometimes by comfortable magins, only to blow it in the secon half.  Often they lost.  Why?  several reasons.  Conditioning or lack there of, poor defense, a running game that could not eat up the clock

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Stomper and ALL:

I know the guy's name is something like Mike Womacik or Wocik or something.  And the poster Jason IS correct that He has been on something ridiculous like 6 SB teams (Dallas and NE I believe).  BUT ALL this being said, I remember both an article on ESPN.com's AFC East page a year or two ago and also several answers to questions about who the Patriot's S & C Coach is being fielded by the writers on Patriots.com PFW- wherein he was touted as being one of the best in the business (his credibility due mainly because of his SB winning teams).  See ALL the questions poised where of concern about NE's strength and conditioning training, of which I have had for some time, Very similiar concerns...  This is the first year (last season) that I can even recall where NE didn't have an absurd amount of team injuries (it was like 5 year previous run of just decimations).  I viewed it as a somewhat minor miracle this past season that NE finally had about the same amount of injuries as other teams for freakin' once. 

What I'm saying in otherwords is That I AGREE with you...just because this dude's been on 6 SB eams in like a 20 or more year career, It's like saying I must be a beast of a soldier and a hero because I was an Army mailman for a Corp (for instance) that were the victors in a bunch of battles...  Doesn't make sense.  IF that's not the best analogy, then at the very least one has to consider How Long one can live off the past merits and successes of others which you have very minor overall influence over during their actual performance (on gameday)?  I mean there's massive leaps and bounds in physical training achieved each day seemingly, So really-IS this guy still having our players do the same stuff from 20 years ago, or what?

Shawn Crable:  "I ain't doin' it Mick, I mean Mike. I'm gonna look like a fool."
    Mike (strength trainer): "I tells ya, You IS doin's it...cause If you can catch that chicken, you'll be as fast as greased lightnin'. Apollo won't lay a glove on ya's."
    Shawn Crable:  "WhoTH is Apollo, is he on the jets? Look, I'm gonna break my ankle."
    Mike:  "I'M gonna break your ankle if you's don't. Now, sh^t your yap and get that bird!"
    <cut to foreigner song: 'Trying hard nowww, Getting strong nowww-dum-dum-dum' as scene fades to dark- Then sound of *SNAP!  "My ankle!" />