Sey it aint so!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Sey it aint so!

After adding DE Osi Umenyiora and RB Stephen Jackson this offseason -- and with a massive extension ahead for QB Matt Ryan -- one might assume the Atlanta Falcons were done adding outside free agents at this point. But, apparently they believe they've got room for one more.

According to Alex Marvez of Fox Sports, the Falcons are in contract talks with veteran D-lineman Richard Seymour. Seymour would upgrade a DT rotation that includes Corey Peters, Peria Jerry and Jonathan Babineaux, and could shore up a defensive line unit that has lagged a little behind some other position groups on the roster in recent campaigns.

It's unclear what Seymour is seeking in a new deal, but we haven't heard much buzz on his landing with other clubs, so his price tag might not be prohibitively high.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Sey it aint so!

In response to rkarp's comment:

After adding DE Osi Umenyiora and RB Stephen Jackson this offseason -- and with a massive extension ahead for QB Matt Ryan -- one might assume the Atlanta Falcons were done adding outside free agents at this point. But, apparently they believe they've got room for one more.

According to Alex Marvez of Fox Sports, the Falcons are in contract talks with veteran D-lineman Richard Seymour. Seymour would upgrade a DT rotation that includes Corey Peters, Peria Jerry and Jonathan Babineaux, and could shore up a defensive line unit that has lagged a little behind some other position groups on the roster in recent campaigns.

It's unclear what Seymour is seeking in a new deal, but we haven't heard much buzz on his landing with other clubs, so his price tag might not be prohibitively high.

Good for him.  As long as its not here. He's going to want Steven Jackson money.  Jackson I wish we signed but for a little less money. Boy it sure looks like Atlanta is a win now mode. I wonder if they think Ryan's window is closing.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

He did very little last year . . . age has caught up with him.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Seymour has a lot left in the tank, he is and has always been bigger, stronger and tougher than those across from him.  He was injured last year for the first time in his career, I don't that means he has lost it.  Defensive lineman do their damage on early downs anyhow.  Atlanta is going to be a tough team this year, we could have used his meanness on the D line so lets hope Kelly brings some attitude with him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Seymour, Abe's, Freeney, Kelly. All salaries being equal, my first choice for the PAts would have been Seymour.

Agree this DL needs some one mean, nasty and willing to mix it up. I would consider each of the 4, including Kelly rotational players.

I wonder if the Pats have one more DT move to make? Pouha? DT could be this teams achilles heel if anything was to happen to Vince.

Yes I like Kelly on this team. Yes I am intrigued with Armstead but think he needs time and needs to get bigger to play DT. I would like to see one more vet come in at DT, not Abraham at DE.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Seymour has a lot left in the tank, he is and has always been bigger, stronger and tougher than those across from him.  He was injured last year for the first time in his career, I don't that means he has lost it.  Defensive lineman do their damage on early downs anyhow.  Atlanta is going to be a tough team this year, we could have used his meanness on the D line so lets hope Kelly brings some attitude with him.

I thought Seymore annually got hurt for us the end of each season toward the end of his time here. If he has anything left he doesn't seem to have the desire, IMO.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Don't mind another team in the NFC  capable of surprising Seattle or SanFran

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I thought Seymore annually got hurt for us the end of each season toward the end of his time here. If he has anything left he doesn't seem to have the desire, IMO.  

You're right.  I know he had a knee problem one year ( can't remember if he had surgery or not) and I think he may have had a back issue also but not sure about that one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Yeah, he played in SB 42, but he was noticeably limited due to injury.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

he was noticeably held alot in SB 42 too

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Seymour, Abe's, Freeney, Kelly. All salaries being equal, my first choice for the PAts would have been Seymour.

Agree this DL needs some one mean, nasty and willing to mix it up. I would consider each of the 4, including Kelly rotational players.

I wonder if the Pats have one more DT move to make? Pouha? DT could be this teams achilles heel if anything was to happen to Vince.

Yes I like Kelly on this team. Yes I am intrigued with Armstead but think he needs time and needs to get bigger to play DT. I would like to see one more vet come in at DT, not Abraham at DE.

If Seymour is your 1st choice you obviously havent really been watching the games!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

If Seymour is your 1st choice you obviously havent really been watching the games!

Your usual expert analysis....your usual have nothing to say but will post something anyways.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to jfaust1954's comment:

Unfortunatley Seymour has lost alot and will not play more than half the snaps...he might be much more useful that way, kept fresh....lately he's been a mini Suh starting stupid fights on the field...he's always had a rep as a dirty player......like the time he swacked Rothelshamberger for no reason and started a riot on the field:

That was a classic.  Roethlisberger deserved it, too . . . maybe not for anything he did on the field, but definitely for what he did off the field. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE BY RKRAP]

Your usual expert analysis....your usual have nothing to say but will post something anyways.

[/QUOTE]

Rkrap I did have something to say and I said it! Just because you dont agree with it is no reason to be rude! Oh I forgot thats you, a rude ignorant pr!ck!! I will say it again so you might understand;  if you choose Seymour over all the folks you listed (Seymour, Abe's, Freeney, Kelly) you are a typical uninformed fan who is going ONLY on name recognition and has not watched the games these folks played in. I am no expert but I do watch the games! But thats you! Just like your dramatic thread title!! LOL troll

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

P.S. Rkrap, funny how every response in this thread agrees with what I said about what Seymour has left!!! Your getting as bad as CC with these dramatic thread titles and then a nonsense thread.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

P.S. Rkrap, funny how every response in this thread agrees with what I said about what Seymour has left!!! Your getting as bad as CC with these dramatic thread titles and then a nonsense thread.

I disagree. Seymour was still rated near the top as arun defender. i posted this a while back. he wasnt a very highly rated pass rusher but what 320 pound 6ft 6 33 year old DT is? Seymour would be a great fit imo, given his salary demands are not insane....which they might be knowing him like we do.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I disagree. Seymour was still rated near the top as arun defender. i posted this a while back. he wasnt a very highly rated pass rusher but what 320 pound 6ft 6 33 year old DT is? Seymour would be a great fit imo, given his salary demands are not insane....which they might be knowing him like we do.

No need to pay any attention what Quagmire. He is wrong as usual but likes to post either wrong info or post nothing. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Seymour was a Pro Bowler as recently as 2011 and apparently some of you think that being the biggest, strongest, meanest player on the field goes away with age. The guy could do more damage on two downs than guys ten years younger but he could still play three.  The guy is the preeminent defensive tackle of his generation and isn't that old, we'd be lucky if he decided to come back and let bygones be bygones.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

no doubt Falcons are going for it!

whether it works or not is another story that has to play out but they see how loaded-and young-SF and SEA are and the NFC in general is a tough road to the SB so they are throwing their hats fully in the ring

and I think Matt Ryan can lead you to a SB championship

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Of course Atlanta is in Win Now mode - they mortgaged their future for a WR a few drafts ago and they are about to start shelling out 20M/year for their QB - they will be in 'rebuild' mode in two years if it doesn't hit next year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

No need to pay any attention what Quagmire. He is wrong as usual but likes to post either wrong info or post nothing. 

QUOTE]

LOL Rkrap, I guess Rusty was right about you. You are a troll. Congrats you got one poster to agree with you. Good job.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

Don't mind another team in the NFC  capable of surprising Seattle or SanFran

I totally agree with this statement!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

he was noticeably held alot in SB 42 too

WAAAH! WAAAH! WAAAH!

sore losing is so unbecoming, honda