Seymour back after 1 season w/ Oakland

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Seymour back after 1 season w/ Oakland

Who's to say he wont come back?  Then we'll have Seymour back, plus Oakland's draft pick.  I say he comes back after 1 year w/ Oakland.  He surely wont resign there.... and in 1 year Oakland isnt going to do anything worthy to keep him there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Re: Seymour back after 1 season w/ Oakland

how about i haul off and slapp you like a female dog throw a stick at you ala "white fang" and then call you up next year......... that is rediculous!

This guy will end up in Atlanta with Tom Dimitrioff and Mike Smith in 364 days

I will bet on it!

The patriots have seen the last of Seymour... they need to look into there crytal ball and figure out how they can keep there offensive neucleous together while maintaining the contracts of Mayo, Wilfork, Brace, MeriWheather, hopefully (butler, Wheatley and Wilhite as well) Not to mention we are going to need a beastly OLB to replace Adalious thomas NEXT year.... the guy is over paid and over rated i would rather start Woods than pay that guy 9 million a year!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

tagandtrade, wow a little harsh, but I like it. Seymour is not going to come back. It doesn't seem that he left on very good terms. He is probably feeling like he got used and thrown to the curb, oh wait its much worse he got thrown to Oakland. Unless somehow he agrees to a contract to stay in Oakland or gets franchised he will go to one of the FOUR. Browns, Jets, KC, or Atlanta.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Tully Banta Cain aside, the Pats seldom look back.  They could've made a play to re-acquire Law and Malloy but didn't.  An intriguing thought to your post is that it is unlikely Seymour stays with the Raiders past the one season which is great since we are getting their 2011 pick.  Even if Richard helps them to a 7-9 record this year they will go back to 4-12 the following year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Big Sey was great, he's a Georgia Boy, and I hope after this year he goes to Atlanta for a few good years, and then retires a Patriot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Why?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xavyre. Show xavyre's posts

In Response to Seymour back after 1 season w/ Oakland:
    [QUOTE]Who's to say he wont come back?  Then we'll have Seymour back, plus Oakland's draft pick.  I say he comes back after 1 year w/ Oakland.  He surely wont resign there.... and in 1 year Oakland isnt going to do anything worthy to keep him there.
    Posted by Plastics017[/QUOTE]

Who's to say the Pats want him back? He's gotten worse over the last three years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

We can be pretty certain Seymour won't be back. Although this trade makes sense to me, it surely feels disrespectful to him to be traded to Oakland of all places after his years of dedicated championship service. We also see that most veterans in his situation (with multiple rings on their fingers heading into their 30s), tend to go to the highest bidder in a halfway decent situation. That would all but rule the Pats out on two counts (personal issues and $). Professional sports can be rough like that. Best thing is to wish him well and hope we can account for his absence this year in particular. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Seymour back after 1 season w/ Oakland:
    [QUOTE]how about i haul off and slapp you like a female dog throw a stick at you ala "white fang" and then call you up next year......... that is rediculous! This guy will end up in Atlanta with Tom Dimitrioff and Mike Smith in 364 days I will bet on it! The patriots have seen the last of Seymour... they need to look into there crytal ball and figure out how they can keep there offensive neucleous together while maintaining the contracts of Mayo, Wilfork, Brace, MeriWheather, hopefully (butler, Wheatley and Wilhite as well) Not to mention we are going to need a beastly OLB to replace Adalious thomas NEXT year.... the guy is over paid and over rated i would rather start Woods than pay that guy 9 million a year!
    Posted by tagandtrade[/QUOTE]

Brace? Maintaining the contract of Brace? Is this a joke?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

The only time Seymour is coming back is if the Patriots are on the schedule against whatever team he is with. He is determined to shove BB and the tories who call themselves fans down the proverbial toilet bowl.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

[QUOTE]how about i haul off and slapp you like a female dog throw a stick at you ala "white fang" and then call you up next year......... that is rediculous! This guy will end up in Atlanta with Tom Dimitrioff and Mike Smith in 364 days I will bet on it! The patriots have seen the last of Seymour... they need to look into there crytal ball and figure out how they can keep there offensive neucleous together while maintaining the contracts of Mayo, Wilfork, Brace, MeriWheather, hopefully (butler, Wheatley and Wilhite as well) Not to mention we are going to need a beastly OLB to replace Adalious thomas NEXT year.... the guy is over paid and over rated i would rather start Woods than pay that guy 9 million a year!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

If you are disappointed in Thomas now, wait until you see his performance now that Seymour isn't in the front line any longer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

No, it won't happen for whatever reason BB decided that now is the time. I'm positive that it was a difficult decision. Currently RS is the healthiest that he's been in several years and had a good preseason increasing his value and making himself expendable.  During RS's  tenure on the pup and Ir the Pats remained competitive and will continue to be. The acquisitions of Pryor and Brace also made his departure feasible. The potential return makes the deal even greater. Why the 2011 insistance of a first round draft pick, could it be that they have their sights fixed on that special player. Perhaps a replacement at Qb when TB retires. who knows.  RS will be missed but not forgotton. He's a great player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

First - Oakland can franchise him @ around 12 million

Second - None of the Patriot veterans who were cast off in their older years EVER came home again, despite opportunities when cut or FA's. So no chance of that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

go "blowhard" somewhere else you are not making sense with Thomas and Burgess on the same side we are stronger than Seymour and Thomas!!!!!!!!!

Your a moron, Burgess and Thomas can both switch at any point during the game and the switch is going to make it impossible for the opposing team to double one or the other which means the OL will have to zone block rather than double down... this means they have to decide there assignment at the very last minute ala Giants SB defense when they threw Umi, Tuk, and Kavika Mitchell at us on every down only they continuously switch and fired that C gap from those three positions... then you throw in an occasional safety blitz off the other end to keep the running back on a swivel....

YEAH... BRACE AKA 4:3 Tampa tampa two/Buddy Ryan 46 nickel AKA Ravens defense... Believe it... that is the trend big in the middle (Brace, Wilfork, Mayo, Meriwheather) that is the middle of the3 defense now!!!!!!!! Fast on the corners Butler, Wilhite, Wheatley, Bodden ALL run 4.3 40's and cover two man means what????????? we can rush four down lineman on every play make interchangeable stunts with thomas/burgess/banta cain combo... moving ty warren to the strong side on every play and rotating thomas/burgess to the weakside on every down....

This Style will also allow us to use Adalious as a FS in the Nickle and Dime package as he was used in Baltimore

Coinsidentally Mayo is compared to Lewis and Brace/Wilfork is compared to Saragusa/Adams the best defense in the last 9 years

2000 Ravens...

Your an idiot if you cannot see this comming

It is a copy cat league so does BB do he copies the most prolific defense in the last 9 years Ravens... and that game...................... the one we lost in the super bowl................ Yeah BRACE!!!!!!!!!!! Yourself

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Seymour back after 1 season w/ Oakland : Who's to say the Pats want him back? He's gotten worse over the last three years.
    Posted by xavyre[/QUOTE]

First let me say I have NO issue with the trade and that I like it. They weren't going to be able to resign him and got maximum value for him why he still had value and they had leverage to use that value.

BUT... you obviously forgot to watch the pats season last year or are just stuck in the previous years when Seymour was not healthy because he was not just good but excellent last year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

regardless of anything else. Im pretty sure this trade ruined N.E in seymours eyes.

He will never come back

also this trade was genious

NE has one of the deapest lines in the nfl and can replace his production. I loved seymour but its business

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Gotta learn to let them go!  Wasn't this sentiment floated around when McGinnis left?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Seymore has been pi**ed at Belichick since 2002 whe BB benched him for not getting back in the the excused time when he went to a grandparents funeral.  Remember his grandparents raised him. and I don't blame him.

Guess he's really angry, but he should have thought of that the last two times he "bargained" with the Patriots.

He'll never ever be back

Wonder if BB has Lost the locker room again!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

no way bill has lost the locker room.

and sad as Vince may be about this, deep down, he has to realize that he probably played a part

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Seymour back after 1 season w/ Oakland : Who's to say the Pats want him back? He's gotten worse over the last three years.
    Posted by xavyre[/QUOTE]
    Amen to that! His skills have eroded big-time and they'll continue to decline as he gets older. I can't believe BB got a 1st rounder for him. No way do we want him back, especially for the type of money he'll  be looking for.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Patriots have multiple options in their front 7, and all will provide diff. looks that benefit diff. situations.

You can plant 675 lbs of Wilfork/Brace in the middle and another 585 lbs of Warren/Green on the ends and just dare teams to run on that. There will be lots 3rd and shorts that go nowhere b/c of the beef.

You can play the traditional 3-4, with Green over Seymour, a lineup we've gone to countless times in the past 3 years (esp. w/ Richard hurt). Then you can have Burgess and/or Thomas moving up or down, playing OLB or DE, creating confusion and a solid pass rush.

Or you can go pure 4-3 w/ Burgess and Green the pass rush ends, Warren as a more mobile DT than Brace.

I'm still FAR more concerned about the OLB spot opposite Thomas then I am about DE. Replacing Vrabel with Banta-Cain is much worse than replacing Seymour w/ Burgess and Brace.