SF 49ers this weekend vs NY Giants to avenge loss last year & also for me, avenge, Pats loss to NY last 2 times !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

SF 49ers this weekend vs NY Giants to avenge loss last year & also for me, avenge, Pats loss to NY last 2 times !!!

I typed my comments on Word Pad & tried to copy & paste here but "Paste" feature not allowed but it is available in a "reply to" so I'm responding to my own email.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Re: SF 49ers this weekend vs NY Giants to avenge loss last year & also for me, avenge, Pats loss to NY last 2 times !!!

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I typed my comments on Word Pad & tried to copy & paste here but "Paste" feature not allowed but it is available in a "reply to" so I'm responding to my own email.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This 49er fan(45 years in SF) and 1st 21 in Maine so a Boston team fan first hopes the 49ers avenge their playoff loss last year and also avenge for the Pats the Giants ruining their unbeaten season 2 years ago & then beating the Pats again in last year's superbowl. I am as dissapointed in that 49er loss as I still am in the Celtics losing to the Lakers in 2010 after they had a 13 pt lead in the 3rd qtr but could not overcome the egregious difference in foul shot awarded, 41 to 18, with more to the Lakers in the 4th Qtr, 21 foul shots, than to Boston in the whole game !

I was at the SF game and a fluke bounce hitting the receiver's knee by 1/2 inch gives NY the ball at 20 yd line & they score a TD. I do not care if the ball was downed on the 1 foot line the receiver should have stayed away from it !  There were other breaks ---Bradshaw stripped of the ball while upright causing a fumble at NY 20 yard line but refs called play stopped  in The Grasp and could not be challenged.  Ridiculous as he was a running back not a QB risking injury.   On 2 occasions there were 2 not 1 SF defenders knocking down a pass but also colliding preventing interceptions.  The same receiver who had the ball nick his knee---he was a replacement for 49er regular kick off return man, Ted Ginn, who was hurt---in OT fumbles and gives NY a gift wrapped win with a 20 yd field goal in OT. Manning was hit 21 times and sacked 6 times. NY needed to punt 10 times in 2nd half and only scored their 10 points on a TD from the fluke bounce ball & a field goal in OT from the fumble. If the Giant fans did not admit they were lucky to win that game they are not true football fans !!!

So, then I was waiting for the Pats to avenge their loss 2 years ago and, for me, the 49ers loss !  The first drive by Giants resulting in a safety giving them 2 pts was the first step toward gifts to NY.  On the next drive the Pats defense results in a fumble at about the 10 yd line I think and they recover but had 12 men on the field. NY then went on to score and led 9 to 0. The Pats then go on to score 17 points in a row.  And in that same period they caused 2 NY fumbles and as luck would have it, the Giants recovered both times. Then, of course, the dropped passes by Welker & Hernandez who normally would catch these 9 out of 10 times  which were claimed to not be on target still should have been caught. These would have continued to give the Pats possession. I do not have stats but NY had to have had the ball 1 1/2 times as long in the game as we did and I believe on their last drive our defense was fatigued.   Also, notable, Brady made 16 passes in a row surpassing Montana' s SB record of 13.  With NE ahead 17-9, it is still only a 1 score game needing a 2 pt conversion.  We tried to kill the clock running the ball and needing to pass on 3rd down.  We did not have the backs to sustain running play 1st down drives.  We needed to continue to pass short 5 yarders perhaps as Brady was under constant pressure and I know this is not run the clock down but keeping possession by passes does.  If we had more than an 8 point lead, yup, perhaps run the ball twice in a possession.

As opposed to the 49ers, the Pats did not pressure Manning as much. On the last possession from the 12 yd line the miracle acrobatic pass to Manningham was excruciating as I never saw the refs confirm the play that he was in bounds. I guess we didn't have a challenge left ? Incredible that Welker & Hernandez drop much easier balls and this guy was able to stay in bounds and hold on to the ball as he was hit pretty hard too and yup, skill in Mannings throw & the catch too but still very lucky !!!

I do not even want the Giants in the playoffs this year. I mean last year they get in with a 9-7 record & beat GB & SF on home fields.  Anything can happen in the playoffs.  So, I hope the 49ers thrash all the NY State teams as they have taken care of the Jets & Bills so need now to do so to the NY Giants, whom I hate as much as the Yankees !!!

It would have been interesting last year a 49er-Pat superbowl. I would have rooted for the PATs but would not have been devastated had the 49ers won.

[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Re: SF 49ers this weekend vs NY Giants to avenge loss last year & also for me, avenge, Pats loss to NY last 2 times !!!

[QUOTE]

I was at the SF game and a fluke bounce hitting the receiver's knee by 1/2 inch gives NY the ball at 20 yd line & they score a TD.

[/QUOTE]

It looked like it missed his knee to me, but a player or team should never put himself or themselves in a position to let the refs decide the outcome of a game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

That Championship game was one of the hardest to watch ever.  I would of given SF a better chance to win if I was QB'ing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxvsGiants. Show RedSoxvsGiants's posts

I hear ya,  the Super Bowl was suppose to be the revenge game for the Niners losing such a heart breaker.  I was pissed about the entire Kyle Williams situation.  I have to give Harbaugh credit for taking him back.  If I was coach I would have thought him to be a pariah and he wouldnt of been on my roster but Harbaugh kept him and he is doing well so far.  I like how Harbaugh builds up his players even if they suck like Alex Smith.  I would love to see the Niners destroy Manning and put up points like they did against Buffalo.  Watched the super bowl last year with a buddy from Ludlow high school out here in San Rafael Ca and needless to say we left the bar speechless shaking our heads.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

The giants blow. They took a big step back. Luck ain't going to help them this year!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Jints fan can be a real **S, though he has been much better of late (thanks dude) but he is absolutely not Babe. Babe had a unique style and was one of the worst people to ever post in the BDC forum. He is not missed.

I'd love to see the 49ers beat the Giants but to be honest the sweetest victory is beating your biggest nemesis. 

Mostly I'm happy if the Pats make the Super Bowl they will only have to play one of the great NFC teams/QBs

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jints fan can be a real **S, though he has been much better of late (thanks dude) but he is absolutely not Babe. Babe had a unique style and was one of the worst people to ever post in the BDC forum. He is not missed.

I'd love to see the 49ers beat the Giants but to be honest the sweetest victory is beating your biggest nemesis. 

Mostly I'm happy if the Pats make the Super Bowl they will only have to play one of the great NFC teams/QBs

[/QUOTE]

Giant fans are correct. History can't be changed. But if the 49s beat the Giants by a large margin it will 1.) give the 49s a lot of confidence that they can play and beat the world champs, and 2.) put a thought of fear into the Giants going forward. This could determine if they Giants even make the playoffs. Don't get me wrong I think the Giants are dawn good team but they do have one of the more difficult schedules in the NFL. So even if they do make it to the playoffs most likely they'll have to face the 49s again. This meeting could just could have a direct psychological affect on that game if it happens.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This 49er fan(45 years in SF) and 1st 21 in Maine so a Boston team fan first hopes the 49ers avenge their playoff loss last year and also avenge for the Pats the Giants ruining their unbeaten season 2 years ago & then beating the Pats again in last year's superbowl. I am as dissapointed in that 49er loss as I still am in the Celtics losing to the Lakers in 2010 after they had a 13 pt lead in the 3rd qtr but could not overcome the egregious difference in foul shot awarded, 41 to 18, with more to the Lakers in the 4th Qtr, 21 foul shots, than to Boston in the whole game !

I was at the SF game and a fluke bounce hitting the receiver's knee by 1/2 inch gives NY the ball at 20 yd line & they score a TD. I do not care if the ball was downed on the 1 foot line the receiver should have stayed away from it !  There were other breaks ---Bradshaw stripped of the ball while upright causing a fumble at NY 20 yard line but refs called play stopped  in The Grasp and could not be challenged.  Ridiculous as he was a running back not a QB risking injury.   On 2 occasions there were 2 not 1 SF defenders knocking down a pass but also colliding preventing interceptions.  The same receiver who had the ball nick his knee---he was a replacement for 49er regular kick off return man, Ted Ginn, who was hurt---in OT fumbles and gives NY a gift wrapped win with a 20 yd field goal in OT. Manning was hit 21 times and sacked 6 times. NY needed to punt 10 times in 2nd half and only scored their 10 points on a TD from the fluke bounce ball & a field goal in OT from the fumble. If the Giant fans did not admit they were lucky to win that game they are not true football fans !!!

So, then I was waiting for the Pats to avenge their loss 2 years ago and, for me, the 49ers loss !  The first drive by Giants resulting in a safety giving them 2 pts was the first step toward gifts to NY.  On the next drive the Pats defense results in a fumble at about the 10 yd line I think and they recover but had 12 men on the field. NY then went on to score and led 9 to 0. The Pats then go on to score 17 points in a row.  And in that same period they caused 2 NY fumbles and as luck would have it, the Giants recovered both times. Then, of course, the dropped passes by Welker & Hernandez who normally would catch these 9 out of 10 times  which were claimed to not be on target still should have been caught. These would have continued to give the Pats possession. I do not have stats but NY had to have had the ball 1 1/2 times as long in the game as we did and I believe on their last drive our defense was fatigued.   Also, notable, Brady made 16 passes in a row surpassing Montana' s SB record of 13.  With NE ahead 17-9, it is still only a 1 score game needing a 2 pt conversion.  We tried to kill the clock running the ball and needing to pass on 3rd down.  We did not have the backs to sustain running play 1st down drives.  We needed to continue to pass short 5 yarders perhaps as Brady was under constant pressure and I know this is not run the clock down but keeping possession by passes does.  If we had more than an 8 point lead, yup, perhaps run the ball twice in a possession.

As opposed to the 49ers, the Pats did not pressure Manning as much. On the last possession from the 12 yd line the miracle acrobatic pass to Manningham was excruciating as I never saw the refs confirm the play that he was in bounds. I guess we didn't have a challenge left ? Incredible that Welker & Hernandez drop much easier balls and this guy was able to stay in bounds and hold on to the ball as he was hit pretty hard too and yup, skill in Mannings throw & the catch too but still very lucky !!!

I do not even want the Giants in the playoffs this year. I mean last year they get in with a 9-7 record & beat GB & SF on home fields.  Anything can happen in the playoffs.  So, I hope the 49ers thrash all the NY State teams as they have taken care of the Jets & Bills so need now to do so to the NY Giants, whom I hate as much as the Yankees !!!

It would have been interesting last year a 49er-Pat superbowl. I would have rooted for the PATs but would not have been devastated had the 49ers won.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you don't need a tissue, you need a whole carton!!  Where to begin.....

You can point to all the "fluke" plays, or bad calls or bad luck you want.  The reality is every game has these elements and they go both ways.  Good teams win in spite of these things, losing teams don't.  You might recall, that the previous week in GB the Giants were victims of some poor calls, they still won by 20.  Clay Matthewes said the Packers "beat themselves".... LOL beat themselves by 3 scores!!

Kyle Williams screwed up, twice.  Sometimes not making mistakes wins games.  Ask Lee Evans or Billy Cundiff.   I love that you point to Ginn Jr being hurt... hilarious, all teams have injuries, most more significant than Ted Ginn.  It is especially ironic pertaining to 49ers and Giants since in 1991 the Giants went into Candlestick and beat the 49ers with a BACKUP QB!!!  Losers make excuses, winners find ways to win.

As to the Super Bowl whine session, for starters the Manningham catch was challenged, any "true fan" would know that. It proved to be a costly waste of a time out. Calling the Manning to Manningham pass "luck" is pathetic.  Especially when you juxtapose it with the Welker/Hernandez drops.  Again, good teams make plays, losing teams make mistakes.

Any team that ever won a Super Bowl had a fortunate bounce or lucky call go their way. The Patriots dynasty and the legend of Tom Brady began with probably the most controversial call in league history.  If that is ruled a fumble the Pats dynasty may never happen. Loser Raider fans cried about the tuck rule and Loser Rams fans cried about spygate and the Patriots won Super Bowls. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to GO47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Giant fans are correct. History can't be changed. But if the 49s beat the Giants by a large margin it will 1.) give the 49s a lot of confidence that they can play and beat the world champs, and 2.) put a thought of fear into the Giants going forward. This could determine if they Giants even make the playoffs. Don't get me wrong I think the Giants are dawn good team but they do have one of the more difficult schedules in the NFL. So even if they do make it to the playoffs most likely they'll have to face the 49s again. This meeting could just could have a direct psychological affect on that game if it happens.

[/QUOTE]

I think after 2007 and 2011 the Giants feel pretty confident against anyone they may face in the play-offs, although as you point out, with their schedule, getting to the play-offs will be very tough.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you don't need a tissue, you need a whole carton!!  Where to begin.....

You can point to all the "fluke" plays, or bad calls or bad luck you want.  The reality is every game has these elements and they go both ways.  Good teams win in spite of these things, losing teams don't.  You might recall, that the previous week in GB the Giants were victims of some poor calls, they still won by 20.  Clay Matthewes said the Packers "beat themselves".... LOL beat themselves by 3 scores!!

Kyle Williams screwed up, twice.  Sometimes not making mistakes wins games.  Ask Lee Evans or Billy Cundiff.   I love that you point to Ginn Jr being hurt... hilarious, all teams have injuries, most more significant than Ted Ginn.  It is especially ironic pertaining to 49ers and Giants since in 1991 the Giants went into Candlestick and beat the 49ers with a BACKUP QB!!!  Losers make excuses, winners find ways to win.

As to the Super Bowl whine session, for starters the Manningham catch was challenged, any "true fan" would know that. It proved to be a costly waste of a time out. Calling the Manning to Manningham pass "luck" is pathetic.  Especially when you juxtapose it with the Welker/Hernandez drops.  Again, good teams make plays, losing teams make mistakes.

Any team that ever won a Super Bowl had a fortunate bounce or lucky call go their way. The Patriots dynasty and the legend of Tom Brady began with probably the most controversial call in league history.  If that is ruled a fumble the Pats dynasty may never happen. Loser Raider fans cried about the tuck rule and Loser Rams fans cried about spygate and the Patriots won Super Bowls. 

[/QUOTE]

Regarding NY beating Green Bay, Rodgers said that the loss of a son by a coach affected him and many players deeply ---was this an excuse on his part that GB played poorly ? Maybe and Maybe not ! I was so happy that the Giants won as I did not want the 49ers to go to Green bay.

Regarding Kyle Williams, I said in my post that I didn't care if the ball was downed on the 1 ft line, he should have stayed away from it---yup, not bad luck but a stupid play & 49ers deserved to be punished for it as they were. But now, the guy who walks on water in SF these days, Harbaugh makes the decision to have Williams again in OT receive the ball & he fumbles...Harbaugh should have used even Gore who does not run back kicks but the most important key is to maintain the ball & I would expect Williams to be nervous after the first stupid miscue.

Living in SF Bay area, I am too a Raider fan, except when they play the Pats and same for 49ers, I root for Pats first. But I agree with you that not calling that a fumble in that snowstorm game was egregious...almost as egregious as I said above in my first post:

Bradshaw stripped of the ball while upright causing a fumble at NY 20 yard line but refs called play stopped and in The Grasp and could not be challenged.  Ridiculous calling in the grasp not to risk further injury as I saw him still upright and he was a running back not a QB so was trying to break lose & continue advancing.

Anyway, hope you are looking foward to Sunday's game as much as I and, hopefully, may there be no questionable calls determining the victor !!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I hope SF absolutely destroys NYG and kicks them after they've taken their lunch money.  I can't stand the Giants anymore.  A shame...as a kid, they were my favorite team.  Now after 2007, they turn my stomach.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to GO47's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think after 2007 and 2011 the Giants feel pretty confident against anyone they may face in the play-offs, although as you point out, with their schedule, getting to the play-offs will be very tough.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree that 49ers beating NY this weekend would put a thought of fear in them going forward. Recall that last year the Giants lost to SF at Candlestick in November so I really don't want them in the playoffs at all. Don't forget too that they were only 9-7 & then went undefeated vs GB & SF in away games & then beat the Pats.

Bringing up bad memories, recall that in 2010 in December the Pats beat the Jets 45-3, a real thrashing yet a month later in the Divisional Playoffs, the Jets off to a 14-3 lead end up keeping the Pats out of the playoffs winning 27-20 and I didn't see any fear in the NY Jets as a result of the loss a month earlier. Actually, it probably embarrassed them &  motivated them more while the Pats felt they could just show up !!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Say what you like about the Giants being lucky or unlucky, but if Samuel and Welker can manage to actually catch balls that hit them smack dab in both hands then the luck talk is moot. It pains me to say it, but it is the truth; you can only tip your hat when the other guy makes the plays and you choked. Simple as that.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Say what you like about the Giants being lucky or unlucky, but if Samuel and Welker can manage to actually catch balls that hit them smack dab in both hands then the luck talk is moot. It pains me to say it, but it is the truth; you can only tip your hat when the other guy makes the plays and you choked. Simple as that.

[/QUOTE]

if only it were that simple to Queenie...alas

[/QUOTE]

as always jints...

Picture

23. This post has been removed.