Shane Vereen shaken up during practice?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BB-IS-BEST. Show BB-IS-BEST's posts

Shane Vereen shaken up during practice?

Mike Reiss

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: Shane Vereen shaken up during practice?

Great......come Friday he will be on the IR list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

i knew the whole log jam at RB would work it self out always does.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Shane Vereen shaken up during practice?:
    [QUOTE]Great......come Friday he will be on the IR list.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    I hear ya. Hopefully he isn't another Crable...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from emiliosCA. Show emiliosCA's posts

fingers crossed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

seems like it always happens to a guy who comes into camp late and then pushes himself too much. i hope this isnt one of those injuries that nags through the whole season. at least its the one position we have depth at (until sammy morris goes on IR by week 2 at the latest).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I agree with Reiss. I hope it isn't too serious at all, and sometimes, in the first few days of camp it isn't, and they pull the player for precautionary measures.

But the reviews of his performance at camp said he looked incredibly quick and had great hands. That is exactly the kind of runner NE needs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I was so excited for a runningback who didn't need to be substituted in order for teams to respect the pass AND the run

BJGE = run
    (in fact, the poor guy gets stuck running that same f***ing downhill zone blocking play out of 3wr sets that always got Maroney stuffed, which the Pats RARELY run couters or play actions out of ... maybe 3/10 times with the other 7 being those broadcasted runs for little gain... anyhow, I digress)

Woodhead = pass, and maybe a rare scat run but he's not an every down player by virtue of his size (wear and tear)

Faulk = pass, and maybe a rare scat run, but he's too old to be an every down player and could never stay healthy (or hold onto the ball) back when he was used in that fashion

Ridley = runner, simply because his hips look too stiff to be fluid in space, nor did I see anything suggesting that he could be an elite pass-catcher

So Vereen is our only dual-threat RB.  Get well soon kid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Too bad - - - hope this doesn't keep him out of practice too much.  We really can use the kind of back he has the potential to be--for all the reasons Artist so ably articulates directly above . . . 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]Great......come Friday he will be on the IR list.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

well, if we have too many RBs on the roster - one way to "save" Vareen until next year is IR?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Vereen shaken up during practice? : well, if we have too many RBs on the roster - one way to "save" Vareen until next year is IR?
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

I sure hope it doesnt come to that.   Hopefully this thing is minor because Im really looking forward to seeing him bring it.  He's probably the most versatile back on our team right now, short of Faulk.  But at Faulk's age, and considering the injury, I'd probably go ahead and give that nod now to Vereen. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

He's probably alright, but if not, you certainly have enough bodies to find someone who can fill his role...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

any news on this?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Hope he is ok, but sure is a good thing we have Faulk and The Woodhead to play his position anyway!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

The only thing that got Maroney stuffed was Maroney

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

I hope he is ok.  At this point he could be a bust however when is the last time we have had a fast home run hitting back?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

[QUOTE]Hope he is ok, but sure is a good thing we have Faulk and The Woodhead to play his position anyway!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

......."his position" with his talent will hopefully be the replacement to Curtis Martin...IE a running back who is a threat in BOTH  the running and passing game.....In BB's ultimate scheme....Vereen would be as much a feature back as the Pats would need with the no fumbling, hole pounding BJGE playing both fullback at times and goalline/short yardage situations and WOODY as Dave Meggett.........Faulk god bless him will be a bonus if he can make the squad.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

[QUOTE]I hope he is ok.  At this point he could be a bust however when is the last time we have had a fast home run hitting back?  
    Posted by RANDIBUS81[/QUOTE]

At this point he could be a bust?  Really?  How about we wait and see about the extent of the injury and then find out if he can be a quality NFL back before we start tossing out the bust label.  I think we're about 2 years early to be trotting out the bust tag line. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shane Vereen shaken up during practice? : ......."his position" with his talent will hopefully be the replacement to Curtis Martin...IE a running back who is a threat in BOTH  the running and passing game.....In BB's ultimate scheme....Vereen would be as much a feature back as the Pats would need with the no fumbling, hole pounding BJGE playing both fullback at times and goalline/short yardage situations and WOODY as Dave Meggett.........Faulk god bless him will be a bonus if he can make the squad.
    Posted by mojobag101[/QUOTE]

Curtis "The Traitor" Martin
    Parcells and Martin singlehandedly destroyed the ORIGINAL Pats dynasty with their betrayal of the Kraft family and the Patriots organization.Thank god karma is a Beeyatch because the day BB 1st accepted, turned down the Jets and then became OUR coach.....as they say.the rest was history!!!

.....Jets fans may giggle at their puny conquest in last yrs playoff which led to .....um nothing,but WE as Pats fans will soon enjoy a knee slapping, stomach tightning, vein popping guffaw as  we ceebrate yet another Super Bowl victory parade.................worry not jets fans,you always have the memory of Joe Namath in PANTY HOSE to keep you warm at night!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]The only thing that got Maroney stuffed was Maroney
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Erroneous

They only ever ran one run play for him, and it was obvious because it was the same run play they ran almost every single time out of 11 personnel (3wr, 1 te, 1rb)

He screwed up, but the playcalling was also atrocious.  BenJarvis Green-Ellis is clearly better and manages to scrounge for 3 yards on those plays, but it's so painfully obvious

They rarely ever run plays off of it.  It's actually pathetic.  I'd kill to see just a false-step counter, a toss, a reverse, something really, and more than just occasionally because they waste 9 plays running for no gain to set up one fake.  Not an efficient use of downs at all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

monwalker Monique Walker @

@IsaacAndreu Vereen didn't practice today. Just to answer your question from earlier. No update on his status.

I am really exited about this guy, he is fast, good hands and STRONG his bench press is great !!!! so i guess is hard to take him down and can pick up some blitzes.

I bet the coaches are gonna take it slow with him, not risk anything... if he has to be out a week, so be it...

i don´t care if he is at his best at week 4 or 5.

go pats !