shaunnessy says cancel PENN STATE season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

shaunnessy says cancel PENN STATE season

What a complete pompous do-gooder righteous jacka$s.  These types who trumpet their supposed .morality are usually the ones with their own secrets to hide .

Plus he's wrong .  The team and their fans will pay respect to all victims of assault using the game as a platform.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: shaunnessy says cancel PENN STATE season

"The team and their fans will pay respect to all victims of assault using the game as a platform."

Not if they riot as they have in support of a coach and staff that allowed boys to be subjected to rape in his house under his watch.  It boggles the mind how twisted that thinking is. I agree with the PA Gov. who called the student rioters- knuckleheads- I have a few choice words of my own.

While I don't necessarily think the players should be penalized by the corruption of the program, the leadership is rotten to the core. They need to speak out and acknowledge that what happened is inexcusable and a disgrace to thier institution.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

The student president is organizing the " other 95%" , the ones who don't get covered by the media, to unite in this cause .  They deserve this opportunity to make the school be about them and not the pathetic administration .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Re: shaunnessy says cancel PENN STATE season:
    [QUOTE]The student president is organizing the " other 95%" , the ones who don't get covered by the media, to unite in this cause .  They deserve this opportunity to make the school be about them and not the pathetic administration .
    Posted by coolade2[/QUOTE]

My prayer is that the youth on campus rise above the rhetoric.

By the way coolade2...we are all pathetic and fall far short of the glory and majesty of true righteousness.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

In Response to shaunnessy says cancel PENN STATE season:
    [QUOTE]What a complete pompous do-gooder righteous jacka$s.  These types who trumpet their supposed .morality are usually the ones with their own secrets to hide .   Plus he's wrong .  The team and their fans will pay respect to all victims of assault using the game as a platform.

He's not the only one calling for it. It doesn't mean though that your do-gooder rant isn't garbage. But hey if you think that opposition to butt phucking a ten year old is trying to claim morallity you're as full of crap as all who tried to sweep it under the rug. As for 'paying tribute' to the children... Yeah that's really going to help at this stage.

The only reason why the 3 games left will be played is the same reason why the whole thing was covered up-money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanVA33. Show PatsFanVA33's posts

The victims lawyer has gone on the record as saying they should not have fired Joe Paterno...Why? Because once again they (PSU officials) did not take into consideration the implications cast upon the victims, he feels they did what's in the best interest of PSU but not the victims.

He has maintained those in charge must think of the ramifications against these victims with regard to all decisions moving forward not just what's in the best interest of the school; it's bad enough they fired Paterno, if they were to cancel the game and/or worse the rest of the season it would make things that much worse for all of the victims!

Here's a thought that actually may do some good: how about providing all of the remaining gate receipts for all PSU games (not just their last home game) and concession receipts to a fund for abused children.  That includes the price paid for all season ticket holders of the tickets for those games...even the bowl game money they are/were to get!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

When the Catholic diocese had their scandal , they didn't cancel church .

I agree that as human beings we are expected to make mistakes,  and since we have brains we are expected to learn from them . 

And there are things called laws to help people make those decisions .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You can't cancel the season just because it would create even more victims of this evil man.

Some of these kids have hopes of making the pro's and cancelling the rest of the season could me the difference of being a late round pick or signing as a UDFA instead of being on the street.

If at the end of the season they want to cancel next season and give the kids a chance to transfer to another college, that's one thing but cancelling in the middle of the season only hurts the players in the end.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Lets try and use a little discretion here evil. thanks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to shaunnessy says cancel PENN STATE season : He's not the only one calling for it. It doesn't mean though that your do-gooder rant isn't garbage. But hey if you think that opposition to butt phucking a ten year old is trying to claim morallity you're as full of crap as all who tried to sweep it under the rug. As for 'paying tribute' to the children... Yeah that's really going to help at this stage. The only reason why the 3 games left will be played is the same reason why the whole thing was covered up-money.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

If you're in favor of a scorched earth response that punishes a world of innocent people because you're pissed off...  That's called displaced hostility .  Maybe you all should learn to deal with it better . 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: shaunnessy says cancel PENN STATE season : ...By the way coolade2...we are all pathetic and fall far short of the glory and majesty of true righteousness.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

i agree. a lot of people say big things about what they would have done in that situation. i bet most failed to do the right thing in much smaller situations. imho, if you don't have the courage to do right in smaller tests, you are not likely to do right in the biggest ones. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I think it is awesome watching and listening to the philanderer Lou Holtz chime in on the subject on ESPN.

The NCAA is corrupt to the core, and has fostered an environment for corruption.   It's ludicrous in this day to have state schools more focused on making money through sports programs, and taking care of their little napoleons and their tiny empires, instead of preparing students for the real job market.

How insane is it now to look back at the past decade, beginning every season with the question of whether or not Joe Paterno SHOULD retire, leaving the decision to him, an 84 year old, who also would name his own heir? 

Is it any crazier than the 40-50 year reigns of Arab dictators that have been overthrown in the past year?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Cancelling the season would not be fair to the players that had nothing to do with this incident at all.  However, all coaches and administrative staff involved at the time these crimes occurred should be fired and have chargers brought against them for concealing crimes against these victims.  That included Joe P. and Mike McQueary.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

How about we put the criminals in jail, and let the football players play football.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]How about we put the criminals in jail, and let the football players play football.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]
    Sounds good to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Punish all who deserves to be punished for allowing this to happen/continue to happen in this horrific tragedy.  Don't punish those players who had nothing to do with it.  Clearly, Shaunnessy is a complete idiot with this statement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]When the Catholic diocese had their scandal , they didn't cancel church . 

Lost opportunity . . . 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]How about we put the criminals in jail, and let the football players play football.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

That would pretty much wipe out the AFC North no?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to shaunnessy says cancel PENN STATE season : He's not the only one calling for it. It doesn't mean though that your do-gooder rant isn't garbage. But hey if you think that opposition to butt phucking a ten year old is trying to claim morallity you're as full of crap as all who tried to sweep it under the rug. As for 'paying tribute' to the children... Yeah that's really going to help at this stage. The only reason why the 3 games left will be played is the same reason why the whole thing was covered up-money.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

Evil, I think  you and I have agreed on this whole thing, and I understand those calling for PSU ending their season, but I don't agree with it. 

The players would be negatively affected by doing so, and they had nothing to do with this scandal.  They shouldn't have to be punished for it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Teams are always getting sanctioned because a player borrowed some boosters car or had a dinner bought for him-- yada yada yada-what should happen to Penn State when the President, head coach, Athletic Director on and on turned their backs on these poor kids who were being molested by this monster! What a joke the NCAA is! I don't know about you, but if I witness,(McCreary), a 10 year old kid, up against the Locker room shower wall with a 45 year old man behind him pinning his arms against the wall and both naked, I wouldn't just go home and tell my father!!!!! I am not able to say on this post what I would do to the bunch of these Aholes especially the sick perverted scum called Sandusky!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

That wouldn't be fair to the players who had nothing to do with it. 

Full criminal charges should be brought against anyone who had any knowledge of what was going on and failed to contact the police. 

It's sickening and it's the same way the Catholic Church handled the sex abuse problems. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]When the Catholic diocese had their scandal , they didn't cancel church . I agree that as human beings we are expected to make mistakes,  and since we have brains we are expected to learn from them .  And there are things called laws to help people make those decisions .

Yeah, and priests don't tend to get 400+ years behind bars, either.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

SHUNNESSY is a drunken sot in the same mold as Col. Dave Egan for those with institutional memory.