Short term fix at CB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFanInFlorida. Show BostonFanInFlorida's posts

Short term fix at CB

How about Merriweather opposite McCourty. He could certainly add an intimidation factor and he has some experience at CB. We can then alternate Page, Sanders and McGowan opposite Chung and also on slot/TE coverage. I would also like to see Page get a shot.

Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Short term fix at CB

I'm for putting anyone in who can do a good job. 

I would imagine BB tried several people at practice in the spot (pre season) and Butler looked best in practice.  Maybe he tries whoever looked second best because Butler hasn't looked good in the first two games.  I think Jarrod Paige has also done CB before.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Merriweather would add experience and intimidation? You're kidding right. Experience at what? Being an over rated safety that misses tackles, assignments and makes the pro bowl because everyone else that you ever heard of was hurt. Plus he's not big enough to intimidate anyone...That's why people bounce off him and keep going. He has really gangster hair and attitude though, maybe that will scare some people? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I haven't seen any evidence that Merriweather can cover top wideouts one-on-one. Plus, his lack of discipline at safety might be even more dangerous at corner.  I think if BB thought Merriweather could play corner, he'd have already put him there.  The Pats, after all, have had problems at corner for the last three seasons (at least) and if Merriweather was an answer, he would have been playing there over Wilhite last year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I don't know what the answer is but having Merriweather , Page and Sanders at safety..something has to give and I am thinking one of them will be dealy by the trading deadline . Sanders is my guess.............for some other help..oline or rb

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In case you haven't notices Mr. Whiffel's has been demoted from starter, at the much easier Safety position.  And to think they spent a first round pick on this guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from choppabrady. Show choppabrady's posts

Something has to be done at Corner, NOW.  Why not try Merriweather?  Anyone at this point.  Maybe a different position player may surprise at cb...have we all forgotten Vrabel catching td passes?  Brown on d? Maybe BostonFaninFlorida would like a shot a cb.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Short term fix at CB:
    [QUOTE]How about Merriweather opposite McCourty. He could certainly add an intimidation factor and he has some experience at CB. We can then alternate Page, Sanders and McGowan opposite Chung and also on slot/TE coverage. I would also like to see Page get a shot. Your thoughts?
    Posted by BostonFanInFlorida[/QUOTE]McGowan is gone. The Pats need to stick with Butler through his struggles.This is there best option at CB. This will only make him stronger as the year goes on. I am dissapointed like the rest of you. But let's see how the kid responds this week,  before we call for his head.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hinkle. Show hinkle's posts

TY LAW !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

In Response to Re: Short term fix at CB:
    [QUOTE]    TY LAW !!!
    Posted by hinkle[/QUOTE]
    Raymond Clayborn !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

He doesn't have the quickness to cover top end Wideouts. Not a bad idea otherwise.

Quickness and speed vs versatile and size are usually the two factors that seperate CB's from safeties.

Imagine Rodney Harrison trying to keep up with Marvin Harrison all those years....never could have happened. But Rodney sure could put a lick on anyone going over the middle!