Should BB give Al Davis another call?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Should BB give Al Davis another call?

The Raiders needs some defensive help, they took an aging Seymour although still considered an eliete player and he played like one.
    I think Al might at least consider trading Justin Fargas for AD, we could even throw his way a 7th round pick in 2011.

Fargas is 29 but has always played as part of a rotation of RBs.  He has good size and speed from what I've seen.  He would be an upgrade over Laura and I'm even going to call him and upgrade over Taylor.

Fargas is on his last year of a 3 year contract.  The Raiders have drafted young RBs the last few years and have them sitting mostly because of injuries but if they are healthy they will get more playing time than Fargas.

Just a thought.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Should BB give Al Davis another call?

Not a horrible thought but A.T. is no Seymour!, and AT can be had for free pretty soon as the Patriots will cut him because there will not be a cap hit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from munichpatsfan. Show munichpatsfan's posts

wouldn´t go after Fargas, but I would trade him for Schilens.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Pats7393:

Good thought...but, it won't happen. If Uncle Al traded for Thomas, he'd have to pick up the option on his contract, which I, believe, guarantees him $5mil. next season. Thomas likely will be released, and signed by the Jets...where he'll be re-united with his former DC in Baltimore, Rex Ryan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

Thomas will go to KC......everybody else is going there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Thomas wouldn't go to KC. It's not like the staff there knows how he is a player or anything. Wilfork, I can see but not Adios Thomas.

I think to really play hardball, Bill's going to trade him somewhere. I hope he trades him to the Rams. We don't want to see a pissed off Thomas against Brady twice a year, do we?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Bush is great but also was only drafted in 2008, is young and would not come cheap.  Fargas I see more of a even trade for AD but agree Bush would be awesome but it would also take some draft picks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

1.  Only pick emotional throwaway guys, people like Corey Dillon and Randy Moss who just want to get out of Dodge because the coach picks on him.

2.  Don't give anything to Al Davis that will improve the Raiders' 2010 season.  The Pats have the Raiders' #1 pick and it's going to be a doozie.  It's ok to give the Raiders some late round 2010 picks (late round rookies don't win many games) or 2011 picks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

DaBlade why would you simply cut him? He certainly has trade value. He was a starter on a  playoff caliber team. A starter since he has been here for a 18-1 team, a 11-5 team, and a 10-6 team. I don't think you simply throw him away out of spite. It would not be very good business sense.

Not to mention you can explain away his lack of stats based on his responsibilities in the defensive scheme he was in.

We love to focus on our own and forget about the talent around the league so before anyone tries to say who would want him he is a stiff use your brain and think about all the pathetic defenses around the league that he would be an upgrade for.

The question would be if they thought his 2010 salary was to restrictive I guess? Maybe you get a lower draft pick in return because his 2010 salary will be a bit high? In any case we gave a 3rd and 5th for Burgess. AT has got to be worth something similar to that I would think?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"DaBlade why would you simply cut him? He certainly has trade value. He was a starter on a  playoff caliber team. A starter since he has been here for a 18-1 team, a 11-5 team, and a 10-6 team. I don't think you simply throw him away out of spite. It would not be very good business sense."

Any team that trades for him will be on the hook for his 2010 salary of $4.9 mil.  Don't be so sure that he has legitimate trade value.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Fargas also has the unique distinction of being Antonio "Huggy Bear' Fargas' son. So you can bet he's got the inside info on how Al Davis' mind really works and where to score quality Parrish/Faulk-worthy weed. I don't think the Pats need him and the draft will be deep for RBs (Spiller, Dwyer, Blount etc....).

Not many teams will want AT's contract. Future picks might be the most you get and I would trade him out of the division (conference if possible). Is Ray Guy available ?

Peppers has little experience in the 3-4. The prize was Demarcus Ware and he signed an extension with Cowpokes (worth every penny if he stays healthy). Smart move on their part. Price costly, length of contract ?.  Do a tag and trade deal ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"The Pats wont cut Adalius Thomas, if they are smart. He will be a Jet faster then you can say dont let the door hit you on the way out. And his best years were with Rex Ryan and I still think he is a good player."

Ideally the Pats would love to be able to trade him but what do you do if nobody will trade for him because of his contract??  I think too many bridges have been burned and can't see him playing for Belichick again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Thomas will be cut due to too high of a salary and we can avoid a cap hit due to an uncapped year.  We will be offered nothing in trade for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

siesta yeah it might be a little high but the franchise numbers I think are around 8.3 for linebackers and 8.9 for defensive ends. 

Peppers made like 16 and was a mental no show for part of the year.

4.9 isn't cheap but it might be cheaper for some teams that have a higher priced guy in one of those two positions that they don't feel is all that much better than AT would be for them.

I don't know everyone else's rosters of contract situations in those two positions but I still don't think you simply cut him. 

Maybe he won't ultimately have "any" trade value. You might be right not saying i know for certain he does.  

I do know that everyone is always saying BB doesn't use him right blah blah.

What's to say someone like Carolina can't work out a long term deal with Peppers and doesn't want to again spend that kind of premium money to franchise him again. Maybe they think AT can get some sacks in a role just rushing the passer and not having to worry about dropping into coverage, etc.

If Carolina Franchises peppers again it would cost 21 million. AT is 4.9 million. I am sure potentially losing 4-7 sacks might be worth saving 16-17 million dollars don't you?

So a scenario like that might bring back something like a 5th like we lost by giving it up for burgess.

Not only that but if you are a team interested in AT but think, oh, we'll not trade for him we'll just wait for him to be cut you are not thinking clearly because you have to risk being in a competition for his services with every other team that might try to sway him and if you are an undesirable team you don't have a chance most likely. So a team that might want him that is a less desirable location/franchise to a payer "will" make a trade to keep it from being an open competition for the players services.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I expect him to be cut.  I don't expect him to be taken by the Jets like so many of you.  It will be 4 years since he was with the Ravens by next training camp.  Even Ryan can see the deterioration of his skills.  How many very good games did he have in 3 seasons with the Pats?   I count 1 ... the pick 6 game.
    His best years were ages ago in NFL terms, and it can be argued that he looked better because of the Ravens system and playing alongside (better) players like Suggs, Lewis and Reed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

New England fans are brutal. People only remember that last spectacular thing a player ever did and make it a career. They decide they don't like a guy anymore and all of a sudden he was never nothing. He didn't live up to their own outrageous expectations and all of a sudden he is a worthless stiff.  Ridiculous!

2007 Suggs had fewer solo tackles and sacks than Adalius. Yep Adalius had more tackles AND sacks.

2008 Suggs had 8 sacks in 16 games. Adalius had 5 sacks in less than 9 full games. He broke his arm in the 9th game and was IR'd. He was on pace for double digit sacks and having a good year.

2009 who the heck knows what went on this year. dog house, bad attitude, what ever, but I am not convinced he can't play. If he couldn't BB wouldn't keep putting him back out there.

Besides, if a pick 6 is what qualifies as a very good game then there are tons of over paid guys not having many very good games each season. Only one very good game? Come on man. 

I would argue he was the best player on Defense in the super bowl for the Patriots. Tied for 2nd in solo tackles, 2 sacks AND a forced fumble in that game. Get real.