Should Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis get more of a workload this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotway. Show Patriotway's posts

Should Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis get more of a workload this year?

The "Law Firm" has shown to run hard between the tackles and has always impressed in preseason (granted against inferior talent). Is this guy just rotting on the bench and should he be given more of a chance to prove his worth against an aging and mediorce running back corps?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Re: Should Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis get more of a workload this year?

No! He is not that good. There is some myth among some patriot fans he is a stud RB. He is not. That is why Belichick has left him on the bench.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriotway. Show Patriotway's posts

You're saying he's not that good. What are you basing that on? Is that something you know or are you just assuming because "In Bill you trust"? Is it out of the realm of possibility that he could give you more than Sammy Morris?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm guessing between him and Maroney that one or the other of them does not make it out of camp.  My guess is Maroney won't.  I am probably wrong in this, but I'm thinking if he's dancing, he's gone.  As far as the "In Bill we trust"  comment, Patriotway, don't we ALL have to assume that? Whatever dynamic has caused this situation, it has been created by Bill.  So we have to trust that he has been right, or has seen fit to make a correction.  Such as what he did to our tight end position.  I still don't understand what happened with Eugene Wilson, who can play and DID play well for us, but whatever it was, neither party is talking, I can only assume it was the right call.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

All I heard about Benny so far during this camp is that he was overmatched by several players during protection drills.
    Last year during a preseason game, he carried two defenders on his back into the endzone.  BB came running down the sideline to congratulate him.  It was incredible.
    Maybe he can't block?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

He had all the opportunity to shine last year with the injuries we had and couldn't cut it. He's not as good a runner as Maroney and the Pats are disappointed with his ability to pick up blitzes. If Taylor and Morris get hurt again this year and he is still around he'll get his shot again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

barring an injury to one of the other backs, BJGE will be cut. He may even be cut if there is no injury to the other 4 RBs. The only way he is not cut is if he has a spectacular pre-season. Maroney may end up becomming the replacement for Kevin Faulk

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In Response to Re: Should Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis get more of a workload this year?:
    [QUOTE]You're saying he's not that good. What are you basing that on? Is that something you know or are you just assuming because "In Bill you trust"? Is it out of the realm of possibility that he could give you more than Sammy Morris?
    Posted by Patriotway[/QUOTE]
    No, I'm basing it on the fact he has never done anything in the league. He had a few good games in 2008. Thats it. If he was that great Belichick would have him out there. He is not that fast.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Can we please stop with the Maroney = Faulk nonsense.  Maroney has been a 2 down back since college.  He can't catch worth beans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

BJGE is the last RB off the bench, at best. Like the man said, he's had numerous opportunities to show his stuff but he's only shown that he's not feature back material.

I've never understood why some people think he's our savior at RB. He had a couple of good games in pre-season and one regular season game in which he gained 70 something yards but that's it! He's had 100 attempts over the last two years for an 3.9 average.

Unless he shows some vast improvement in pre-season, I see him remaining at the far end of the bench.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Sometimes it's good to have someone that's not so good that someone else wants them, but good enough to be a cheap backup who knows the plays.  Eventually he'll get cut and probably his career will be over.  He's had several years and several games to show he has something.  An UFA only gets so many chances to show his stuff and I think he's wore those opportunities out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

he should get plenty of work... on the practice squad.  it's easy to be enamored with his hard running style but i think there's limited space for power backs like him with a limited skill set.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

If the Pats cut any back it should be used up Taylor.  He did nothing last year and is near rigor mortis professionally.  I like BenJarvus, who has run well in limited opportunities and is young!  He will make this team and be productive if given some carries behing Moronry, Morris, and Faulk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Should Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis get more of a workload this year?:
    [QUOTE]The "Law Firm" has shown to run hard between the tackles and has always impressed in preseason (granted against inferior talent). Is this guy just rotting on the bench and should he be given more of a chance to prove his worth against an aging and mediorce running back corps?
    Posted by Patriotway[/QUOTE]

Every time i read a post like this I have to laugh. I know you are simply posting a nice conversation question so thats cool but really I am always hearing how this guy or that guy on the team should get this or needs that chance.

There is no conspiracy theory. The organization and coaches, while not infallible, know what they are doing. The best players start and play, if they are healthy.