Should Chris Culliver apologize?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Should Chris Culliver apologize?

Oh well....... Patriots sign Talib yet?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

if he is so anti gay, why is he iopenly  The irony in his comments are comical. I like Talib too Getzo, but I fear the Pats have enough oft-injured DB's on troar roster. I think he and Donte Stallworth share the same hamstrings:)

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Another idiot who made the decision to open his mouth at the wrong time. Not too surprising... didn't really expect the NFL to be pumping out Rhodes Scholars.

That said, there are plenty of smart people associated with the NFL. But I digress.

The long and short... yes he should apologize. 

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

In response to Getzo's comment:

i'm sure you can find a thread where grown men sit around in the offseason and ponder if and when their favorite team will give millions of $ to another man. enjoy!

Are you serious?  You are on the same board... lol...  Sorry man.  IThe guy should have kept his mouth shut but he expressed his feelings.  Shouldn't we say at least he likes to speak his mind.  Doesn't like gays... probably votes against gay marriage too. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

i'm sure you can find a thread where grown men sit around in the offseason and ponder if and when their favorite team will give millions of $ to another man. enjoy!

Are you serious?  You are on the same board... lol...  Sorry man.  IThe guy should have kept his mouth shut but he expressed his feelings.  Shouldn't we say at least he likes to speak his mind.  Doesn't like gays... probably votes against gay marriage too. 

It's a damn shame that this type of thinking, or idealogy should I say, still exists today. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

During an interview with radio personality Artie Lange, San Francisco 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver said he would not be welcoming of a gay player on his team, Yahoo! Sports reported:

“I don’t do the gay guys man,” said Culliver, whose Niners play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. “I don’t do that. No, we don’t got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.”

“Can’t be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can’t be…in the locker room man. Nah.”

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/01/30/1518711/san-francisco-49ers-player-wouldnt-tolerate-gay-teammate-cant-be-with-that-sweet-stuff/?mobile=nc

would NE fans be open to an openly gay player playing for the patriots? i wonder how the people of Provincetown like TSWFAN and kansaspatriot feel about this?

more urban street thug ignorance that sadly infests the black culture....not all and it's getting better but there is a ways to go

i feel for any gay athlete-and they are there and in all sports-and the pressure to keep it hidden, must be incredibly difficult

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

During an interview with radio personality Artie Lange, San Francisco 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver said he would not be welcoming of a gay player on his team, Yahoo! Sports reported:

“I don’t do the gay guys man,” said Culliver, whose Niners play the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. “I don’t do that. No, we don’t got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.”

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2013/01/30/1518711/san-francisco-49ers-player-wouldnt-tolerate-gay-teammate-cant-be-with-that-sweet-stuff/?mobile=nc

would NE fans be open to an openly gay player playing for the patriots? i wonder how the people of Provincetown like TSWFAN and kansaspatriot feel about this?

Culliver is probably gay himself.  I always get a kick out of people who are so overly vocal on issues that really have no relevance to them, nor is it being their business.

Personally, I could care less if the person was blue, gay and had one arm.  If they are good, they're good.

Spot on.

+1

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Ok Rick, your thread is getting play now!

@42&46 Wow... street culture?...  Many religious groups feel the same way.   

@dreighver As far as idealogy.. well marriage is in Gods eyes you know, especially when it is done in a church, right?  I believe this brings us to a conversation regarding a serperation of church and state, right?...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

@dreighver As far as idealogy.. well marriage is in Gods eyes you know, especially when it is done in a church, right?  I believe this brings us to a conversation regarding a serperation of church and state, right?...

God is an opinion -- travel the world and you'll here about many different 'Gods'. To discriminate against a group of people because a certain book says so is absolutely ludicrous... it's mind-boggling that it's still going on in 2013.

And yes, it does come back to church-and-state. Marriage has largely become a secular ceremony -- a bonding of two people who love one another. Furthermore, it provides many tangible benefits, so discriminating against a group of people (based on an uncontrollable condition) and denying them these rights is wrong. 

Slavery was legal at one point.

Interracial marriage was illegal at one point.

This is really no different in my opinion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

true.. most religions actually

Look my point in all of this is I am playing a devils advocate if you will.  Saying 'street culture' about someone that MAYBE is speaking upon a religious outlook, is just as bad as speaking out about gay people in that manner.  People have their own beliefs. 

That's why I typically don't get involved with these discussions.  It's almost impossible not to get angry, upset, or thrown under the bus...  Football can do that too, but at least we all want the best for the Pats besides the trolls.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

God is an opinion -- travel the world and you'll here about many different 'Gods'. To discriminate against a group of people because a certain book says so is absolutely ludicrous... it's mind-boggling that it's still going on in 2013.

And yes, it does come back to church-and-state. Marriage has largely become a secular ceremony -- a bonding of two people who love one another. Furthermore, it provides many tangible benefits, so discriminating against a group of people (based on an uncontrollable condition) and denying them these rights is wrong. 

Slavery was legal at one point.

Interracial marriage was illegal at one point.

This is really no different in my opinion.

And right from wrong is always up to debate too, right?  There's always two sides to all this stuff is all I am saying.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

oh getzo i completely agree....the fanatics in all religions consider homosexuality a "sin" and condemn it

i just keyed on black street culture-the underside of it in this case-in this particular case

but yes religion too

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

Culliver is probably gay himself.  I always get a kick out of people who are so overly vocal on issues that really have no relevance to them, nor is it being their business.

Personally, I could care less if the person was blue, gay and had one arm.  If they are good, they're good.

here we completely agree although i would venture your reasons are more logical than humane...in fact i am sure of it

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

oh getzo i completely agree....the fanatics in all religions consider homosexuality a "sin" and condemn it

i just keyed on black street culture-the underside of it in this case-in this particular case

but yes religion too

I ain't trying to attack you, but making a comment like that is very hypocritical is all.  Look - that guy should shut his mouth.  No doubt.  But what would Tebow say about this matter.. he may say NO.. in a nicer way.. I dunno/. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Why did a post get deleted? I don't remember seeing anything bad. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

but yes religion too

I ain't trying to attack you, but making a comment like that is very hypocritical is all.  Look - that guy should shut his mouth.  No doubt.  But what would Tebow say about this matter.. he may say NO.. in a nicer way.. I dunno/. 

huh? what is "hypocritical" about it? i made an observation of why this person feels this way and i based it on what i have observed of a culture i consider him a part of-no different than whites, latins, jews, liberals, conservatives, catholics...they feel as they do on certain issues in part because of the culture that surrounds them

i said i was not commenting on any other player or group or issue, just this player this comment and this issue

as for tebow i agreed with you that religion has an anti-gayb bias too