Should the Patriots trade the #22 pick for Brandon Marshall?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Should the Patriots trade the #22 pick for Brandon Marshall?

I would if that was all.yes they need pass rushers,but they will need a good proven receiver also.maybe two.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Probably not at the salary Marshall would demand. He'd likely end up whining about whatever he got paid anyway.

Great talent though.

Maybe Benn falls to our top 2nd round pick, or else Demaruius Thomas with our 2nd or 3rd second rounder.

Thomas could be as good as Calvin Johnson for all I know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Absolutely, 100% yes!!!!!

But it will never happen. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

No thank you.  We need quality players, not just talented players. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Best tallent your going to find at 22. This kid is a nut job, but his skills are fantastic. He's got size, speed, quickness of a smaller player, experience,production. This is the type of value the pats I'm sure think about and Brady could use a replacement for Moss as his career winds down.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i would talk to marshall first and try to work out a contract, if it is reasonable i don't see why not, with moss as his mentor he would learn to keep his mouth shut very quickly and just play. He probably would be paid similar (a little more) to our first round pick anyways, and he has all the skills we are looking for in a 2nd WR. Then on draft day trade the first down and pick up a 3rd/4th round pick while maintaining a 1st round pick and pick him up. This way we get a 3rd/4th round pick and Marshall for our first.  (maybe the saints/colts/ravens/chargers/etc would want to move up due to the fact that they can't sign FA in the offseason) yes this gives denver the opportunity to match the bid but we could just put a poison pill in the contract stipulating that if he plays one game for Denver is contract goes up to 14 million per season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

for the money that he would comand i would rather they sign moss, atleast we know that he is a team player!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Nope.  Shop one of their #2's and pick up Boldin instead.  That way your still selecting in the 1st Rd. - and two 2nd's - along with picking up WR A. Boldin! (If the Cards bite of course).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Excuse me ... but off the field this guy draws fire ( i.e. bullets!!!). I wouldn't want him out clubbing with any of our guys!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

Waaaay to much talent in this draft on the defensive side of the ball. And the Pats need allot of help on D. Plus the kids a major head case. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

if we trade the first down to later in the first round before trading it to denver we pick up an additional pick in the 3rd or fourth thus allowing us to still pick the same # of players while getting a top notch WR.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriothead22. Show Patriothead22's posts

Are you all insane!?!?!

You would rather take a chance on a rookie DE or rush linebacker than a proven receiver in Marshall?

Sure, the guy has had problems off of the field, but still, his talent is nearly unmatched in the league.

Bill Belichick drafts value, not by immediate need, so I think this would be an amazing deal if they were able to snag him, as he has more value than 95% of the players in this draft.  Plus, this would leave the option to get Moss out of there, and redeem value for him now, opposed to him just retiring or leaving next year.

Plus, the guy is only 26, only a few years older than some of the players coming from this draft.  He's got a long career ahead of him. 

If Orton can get this guy TDs, how many you think Brady-Marshall can put up? 

As we have seen, we can get to the Super Bowl with no defense.

There are plenty of other picks for defensive ends.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

remember, moss was a head case as well

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Yeah. I'd rather take my chances with whoever we get in the draft rather than Brandon Marshall.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

If this can work get Marshall?  I hope we can get him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Now, if this was a first or second for Boldin, that would be a different story.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Nope, fix the defense. As bland as the offense was last year, they were still one of the better offenses in the league. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

with welker being injured at the end of the season made the offense go to nothing.add him missing half the season.the offense will be nothing.yes edelman showed some flashes here and there,but not enough to say the offense is great.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

he's young, he's explosive on the field, fast, and a big threat, he was quiet in Denver for the first 10 games and didn't complain too much under McDaniels. I say roll the dice and take a chance. BB has succeed on taking malcontent players from other teams why stop doing what has worked for us so far (dillion, harrison, moss, etc.) if we can get an arguably top 5 WR and a 3rd/4th round pick for our first round pick I am all for it. put his locker right next to brady and have him meet with moss and brady everyday of the offseason and he won't be a problem, he will be the second deep threat we have needed since stallworth left.  (marshall, moss, welker, endelman would be a great WR set) all our offense would need would be a RT, a OG, A hardhitting RB, and a TE. Most of these we would be able to get in the draft (veldeer in the 2nd/3rd, Dwyer/gerhart in the 2nd, and graham in the 4th) with the rest of the picks we select all defensive players.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Moss was a totally different headcase.  He was down and acting nuts due to losing.  He is so competitive he could not handle the losses.  Marshall is just crazy and a trainwreck.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Hells no! Not only would you have to give up the #22 pick, but you also want to give him a ridiculous contract? How is this even an idea? Stupid stupid stupid. Build the trenches first, not outside in. 

And, as Mord adds, he's a headcase. Remember him not practicing due to his 'injury'? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Maybe next year but first we need to solve the pass rush problem on both sides of the ball.

All we need at third reciever is someone who can hold onto the ball.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

id take marshall in a heartbeat. he'd make this offense more explosive then the 07 one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I guess you could make a case either way! His talent level is top 5,he's also on one guys hit list and that guy doesn't play football. Is he worth a 1rst round pick? I'd probably say no,is he worth the 58th pick over all? Yes! So if the Broncos want to rid themselves of this nutjob they will have to be satisfied with the 2nd round pick,the most important part of this equation is will Josh trade a playmaker to the Patriots knowing full well it could mean his teams chances decrease at winning the AFC championship.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriothead22. Show Patriothead22's posts

Yeah, okay?  Pay the guy what he wants.  This is coming from the same people who are begging for Peppers.  You think he will take a paycut?

Brandon Marshall gets open and he gives it all on every play.  Just watch some highlights from the past couple years, the guy fights for the first down.

We just saw that a team like the Saints can win games and the Super Bowl by playing great offense. 

The Patriots D last year was bad, but it wasn't like Rams or Lions bad.  They just couldn't get off the field on 3rd down.

If this is so "great" of a draft class, then why wouldn't there be 3 great players waiting for the Patriots at their 3 second rounders?  Players that I think highly of that will be there include: Ricky Sapp, Jerry Hughes, Alex Carrington.  Possibly Jared Odrick, Everson Griffen, and Carlos Dunlap as well.

Why take a chance on a WR in the draft, when you know you can get a playmaker like Marshall?