Should the Pats bench Wilhite?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Should the Pats bench Wilhite?

What do you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Should the Pats bench Wilhite?

He should be third or fourth CB behinds Springs and Bodden. Who else is going to play other than him and Butler behind those two?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I posted this on another thread.  Wilhite leads the league in completion %, it's too bad he's not a QB.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

You know, I heard we should bench him...Somewhere

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Personally, I'd say no, but this an area you should probably talk to Mighty about, he's been very adamant about it just . . .

oh . . .

wait . . .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

He should be third or fourth CB behinds Springs and Bodden. Who else is going to play other than him and Butler behind those two?

Anyone ... Duane Starks, Hank Poteat, Rex Banner, anyone.   A hologram could cover better than Wilhite.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Wow mighty, this is the first I've heard of you not liking him :^)  I hope you're not going to go postal on us if you see him play Sunday.  We need you to keep the offseason threads spirited.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

My Magic Eight Ball says Wilhite will own Manning in the conference championship the way Ty Law used to, and we're all going to Mighty's house and we're gonna laugh once, in unison, and then pretend he never said any of the hurtful things he said about Wilhelm . . .

err . . .  Holmlite . . . .

wait . . . .

What's his name?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Whilite should be pushed all the way down on the depth chart just like suggested above...  he's been burned more often than microwave popcorn. 

That being said we had another undrafted free agent play here some time ago named Randall Gay who was burned so often in his first season that he needed oven mitts.  By the end of his Patriot career he was a solid player and won a Super Bowl as a starting cornerback with Troy Brown backing him up.  Gay now starts for New Orleans.

Not to say that Whilhite will turn out the same way, but just like Gay he might become technically sound enough to help us at some point.  If Jon made the game saving play to end the Super Bowl I'm sure there would some love for him even here...

There you go Mighty, I just did the impossible and defended Whilhite... sort of.  lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

I think I've made my position clear on Wilhite over the course of the season..........He s_ucks.  He's as useless in coverage as a broken Condom.

I say duck tape him to Maroney and show him the door.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lombardi479. Show lombardi479's posts

Just write Wilhite on the back of a bag of flour and set it on the field.  Would accomplish about the same thing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

They need to put a Wilhite Jersey on Bodden that way the defense knows exactly where the ball is going.  Flacco will see that Jersey and think he has an open guy.  Meriweather can cheat over to his side for the INT.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

I think Wilhite forgets that he's allowed to use his hands. Watch him closely. He actually does a good job of staying with the WR, but he NEVER makes a play on the ball.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

No choice for "all of the above"?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

"I think Wilhite forgets that he's allowed to use his hands."

He probably grew up playing soccer.  Maybe he thinks he's playing what the rest of the world calls "football".

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Wilhite 5ucks! He can't plat CB, everyone loves to pick on him. The Colts, Jets, Saints, Phins, EVERYONE!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

posted at 1/9/2010 1:53 PM EST
    First: 3/27/2005
    Last: 1/9/2010
    Whilite should be pushed all the way down on the depth chart just like suggested above...  he's been burned more often than microwave popcorn. 

That being said we had another undrafted free agent play here some time ago named Randall Gay who was burned so often in his first season that he needed oven mitts.  By the end of his Patriot career he was a solid player and won a Super Bowl as a starting cornerback with Troy Brown backing him up.  Gay now starts for New Orleans.

Not to say that Whilhite will turn out the same way, but just like Gay he might become technically sound enough to help us at some point.  If Jon made the game saving play to end the Super Bowl I'm sure there would some love for him even here...

There you go Mighty, I just did the impossible and defended Whilhite... sort of.  lol
    I agree.  That's why I said bench him, not cut him.  He is done for this season, but he has shown the ability to run with the receiver.  Theoretically he could learn how to make a play on the ball by August.  But I think we'd all rather see Wheatley as the 4th corner than this hologram.