Should the Pats move on Vonta Leach?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Should the Pats move on Vonta Leach?

Pro Bowl fullback on two different teams released by Ravens...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Should the Pats move on Vonta Leach?

If we don't get him it means they don't want a true FB on the roster.  The guy is one of the best.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Did he play for McDaniels once? J/k I'd love to have Leach. I'd trust him with the ball in short yardage far greater than hoping a converted QB can

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Hernandez, Huey, James Develin and Ben Bartholomew are all fullbacks, if they don't make a move for him it will because he wants too much money and/or Belichick is happy with the group he has. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BurtonMercer's comment:

I'd rather have Leach than Bradshaw. Can you imgaine Leach blocking for Ridley or Bolden and Ballard and Gronk blocking off the edges?  Make it happen, BB!   Get Brady under Center!

The guy is 260 pounds at 6 feet, he is a pile driver...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'd rather have Leach than Bradshaw. Can you imgaine Leach blocking for Ridley or Bolden and Ballard and Gronk blocking off the edges?  Make it happen, BB!   Get Brady under Center!

[/QUOTE]

The last pile driver we had was working at the Big Dig!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Leach is a great blocking FB, but is 1 dimensional, so he does not fit in with the Pats. Leach has not shown he can run the ball, he does have reliable hands, but is thrown to less than 1 att per game, cant play ST....BB wont pay a guy that is not versatile and give up the roster spot.

There will be a market for him, making him out of $$$ reach for what the Pats would offer

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

There wouldn't be a Ray Rice without him, he delivers pain to MLB's and Ridley could do 1400+ if they made this happen.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam Schefter

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 11m

Former Ravens FB Vonta Leach is scheduled to fly to and visit Miami on Wednesday. Dolphins still have about $17 million in cap space.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Leach is a great blocking FB, but is 1 dimensional, so he does not fit in with the Pats. Leach has not shown he can run the ball, he does have reliable hands, but is thrown to less than 1 att per game, cant play ST....BB wont pay a guy that is not versatile and give up the roster spot.

There will be a market for him, making him out of $$$ reach for what the Pats would offer

I agree. I've wanted a FB on the roster, but not a straight blocker who does nothing else like Leach. 

A Keith Byars type, or someone like that, who *also* plays special teams would be a good add. It would give NE some flexibility in games where they are ahead to play some I formation, which as a counter point to 2TE trades off efficiency in run block design for the ability to disguise which direction your blocking is going to flow, or use fake blocking as a means of misdirection.

If "having an extra blocker" is all you want ... 2TE works fine ... just use Gronk and one other TE who isn't Hernandez and you have a traditional power running formation that NE has used before in the 90s and a little in the early 2000s.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Top FB in the game, a good lockerroom presence, The only question you need to ask is this; would you rather have Leach on this team or Blount or Bolden? (one of whom would ultimately be cut in camp to make room)

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

A Keith Byars type, or someone like that, who *also* plays special teams would be a good add. It would give NE some flexibility in games where they are ahead to play some I formation, which as a counter point to 2TE trades off efficiency in run block design for the ability to disguise which direction your blocking is going to flow, or use fake blocking as a means of misdirection.

If "having an extra blocker" is all you want ... 2TE works fine ... just use Gronk and one other TE who isn't Hernandez and you have a traditional power running formation that NE has used before in the 90s and a little in the early 2000s.  

Man, I liked watching Keith Byars play.  If the Pats had a Keith Byars type player, I would love that.  What a great blocker he was and an all around type player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Dolphins face competition for Vonta Leach June, 13, 2013

JUN 13 12:00 PM ET By James Walker | ESPN.com

It’s no surprise the free-spending  Miami Dolphins have been aggressive in their pursuit of Pro Bowl fullback  Vonta Leach after his release from the  Baltimore Ravens. The Dolphins were among the first teams to call, and they set up a visit immediately with Leach on Wednesday. 

Leach But the Dolphins aren’t the only team interested in Leach’s services. In the past 48 hours, the  Houston TexansNew York GiantsCleveland Browns and  Kansas City Chiefs reportedly have reached out to Leach's representatives. This means Miami could end up in a bidding war for Leach’s services. 

Interest from multiple teams obviously favors Leach. It is doubtful Miami can get Leach on a one-year, team-friendly contract. Leach is a good player who can probably call his shot and get a sizable, multiyear offer from Miami or another team in the upcoming days or weeks. Miami must decide how much its willing to spend to land arguably the best fullback in the NFL. It is evident Miami's coaching staff hasn't been too impressed this spring with current fullbacks  Jorvorskie Lane and  Charles Clay

The Dolphins have already spent more than $200 million in free-agent contracts this offseason, which includes $117 million in guaranteed money. Are they willing to outbid several other teams to land Leach?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots81. Show Patriots81's posts

YES! I know he's a full back and they're not used as much, but this guy would creat holes for our running backs, he'd be able to block for Brady as well as catching out of the back field. He would be great with the Patriots. I say they get him! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The last pile driver we had was working at the Big Dig!

[/QUOTE]

LoL. Good one!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

Chicago Bears[edit]

Leach signed with Chicago on June 6, 2013, which was the most logical choice for the Bears giving they had released there two year fullback Evan Rodriguez who was claimed by the Miami Dolphins two days before Leaches release from Baltimore.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to BrianKangu's comment:

Chicago Bears[edit]

Leach signed with Chicago on June 6, 2013, which was the most logical choice for the Bears giving they had released there two year fullback Evan Rodriguez who was claimed by the Miami Dolphins two days before Leaches release from Baltimore.

He is still a free agent that is incorrect...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2013/06/11/fullback-vonta-leach-released/2412387/

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/60097/dolphins-minicamp-notes-vonta-leach

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2013/6/13/4426332/browns-express-interest-in-vonta-leach

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2013/06/signing-vonta-leach-wouldnt-jeopardize-greg-jones/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

Top FB in the game, a good lockerroom presence, The only question you need to ask is this; would you rather have Leach on this team or Blount or Bolden? (one of whom would ultimately be cut in camp to make room)

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

If I were asked THAT specific question there is no hesitation: drop Blount ina second. And pick up Leach. Blount is no Bolden. No football character if you know what I mean.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I guess the salary he's looking for would make a difference.  I read somewhere he was due to make 3 million and wasn't willing to renegotiate with the Ravens.  I have trouble seeing BB spending that much on a blocking back unless he is great in the passing game.  Otherwise, he sticks with all the TEs I think.  

I do like a FB too . . . just not sure how much he'd be used in a two TE offense, and it's hard to see BB putting $2 or $3 million against the cap for a guy who gets limited snaps in this TE heavy offense.